• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
Moderator
Posts:33004
More or less in line

Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#219602 1 year, 8 months ago


I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Chester
Moderator
Posts:33004
More or less in line

Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#219605 1 year, 8 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
wharfrat71 wrote:
I heard that the Muir Woods were an amazing sight to see. We may go check that out. Once I was hanging out in the middle of Stokes State Forest when I realized we had a show to go to! Haha, nature can be very cool. Are there any bears near?


We are looking to go to Muir Woods, meant to last couple of years but never made it.


We were discussing the possibility of taking a trip up to Muir woods, after the TC brunch on the 29th.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wharfrat71
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1533

Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#219796 1 year, 8 months ago
Bacon Rocks wrote:
It All Rolls into One, brown and I are planning to do an early afternoon tour of Alcatraz on sunday. Would like to ride the Cable Car from right outside Whitcomb to Wharf area, do alcatraz, have eats/drinks at wharf area upon return and ride back to Whitcomb in time to get cleaned up and "prepared" for show!!!
would love for others "to do some time with us" !!
only deal is we have to make reservations soon.... $28 bucks
www.alcatrazcruises.com/index.aspx

grab some tickets and join us!!!



Don't bother with Alcatraz, seriously. Golden Gate park or Muir woods are better choices that'll blow your mind. And the Wharf
is just one big tourist trap.
ablebaker
Senior Boarder
Posts:541

Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#219808 1 year, 8 months ago
Muir Woods is excellent! A little bit of a drive up north of San Francisco but very beautiful. By the way I'm in for ALL THREE NIGHTS and cannot wait!!!!!
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
Wundurland
Expert Boarder
Posts:620

Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#219823 1 year, 8 months ago
Muir Woods is stellar! You can stand inside one of the trees.
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
Posts:586
They Love eachother...

Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#219825 1 year, 8 months ago
IKO. Looks like Stacy (LovingLife) will be able to make it after all. We would be down with the side trips! Looking

forward to hangin' with the FFF gang once again! Will have guitar if anyone is up for playin' some toons in the park.
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , amusingdeva, Wundurland, RowTimmy
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1533

Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#219827 1 year, 8 months ago
hey, for any of you making the pilgrimage to Pigpen's grave (with rental cars I'd guess) take Hwy 1 down to 84 and make a
left (you'd have to..take a right and you'd be in the ocean ) 84 takes you through La Honda, and see if you can find the Pranksters old place. Besides, it's a waay better drive than down 101 or 280, although 280 is quite a beautiful stretch of road down the penninsula.

Something down Hwy 1 I've done many times is go watch the tide pools. It was something that brought me so much enjoyment that I couldn't possibly put into words
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder
Posts:8140

Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#219831 1 year, 8 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Bacon Rocks wrote:
It All Rolls into One, brown and I are planning to do an early afternoon tour of Alcatraz on sunday. Would like to ride the Cable Car from right outside Whitcomb to Wharf area, do alcatraz, have eats/drinks at wharf area upon return and ride back to Whitcomb in time to get cleaned up and "prepared" for show!!!
would love for others "to do some time with us" !!
only deal is we have to make reservations soon.... $28 bucks
www.alcatrazcruises.com/index.aspx

grab some tickets and join us!!!



Don't bother with Alcatraz, seriously. Golden Gate park or Muir woods are better choices that'll blow your mind. And the Wharf
is just one big tourist trap.



Alcatraz was well worth the trip IMO .... to each there own and all that stuff but I wouldn't say 'don't bother' like there's nothing to it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3277
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#219880 1 year, 8 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Bacon Rocks wrote:
It All Rolls into One, brown and I are planning to do an early afternoon tour of Alcatraz on sunday. Would like to ride the Cable Car from right outside Whitcomb to Wharf area, do alcatraz, have eats/drinks at wharf area upon return and ride back to Whitcomb in time to get cleaned up and "prepared" for show!!!
would love for others "to do some time with us" !!
only deal is we have to make reservations soon.... $28 bucks
www.alcatrazcruises.com/index.aspx

grab some tickets and join us!!!



Don't bother with Alcatraz, seriously. Golden Gate park or Muir woods are better choices that'll blow your mind. And the Wharf
is just one big tourist trap.



Alcatraz was well worth the trip IMO .... to each there own and all that stuff but I wouldn't say 'don't bother' like there's nothing to it



I totally agree, we went last year and had a good time and thought it was real interesting. I doubt my kids would enjoy it as much so we won't do it this year but we may take a cruise around the bridge and Alcatraz.
The voices tell me what to say
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by funky420.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4041
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#219890 1 year, 8 months ago
Wundurland wrote:
Muir Woods is stellar! You can stand inside one of the trees.


I like the Muir Woods standing inside trees idea and then perhaps hit Muir Beach site of the Muir Beach Acid Test 12-11-1965.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5021
Good Love!

Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#220089 1 year, 8 months ago
2 WEEKS 5 DAYS!!!

See you in California!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer , funky420
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1834

Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#220090 1 year, 8 months ago
Bilbo wrote:
IKO. Looks like Stacy (LovingLife) will be able to make it after all. We would be down with the side trips! Looking

forward to hangin' with the FFF gang once again! Will have guitar if anyone is up for playin' some toons in the park.


I am very happy Stacy will be there too:)))))))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds