• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#209234 1 year, 10 months ago
It's all GA, the seats and the floor. If you really want a seat, then I suggest getting there earlier, especially for New Years. I prefer to be out and about on the floor
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#209236 1 year, 10 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Last year I used priceline and booked a hotel, airfare, and rental car for less than $750! This was at the beginning of December. But the bad thing was my hotel was close to the airport instead of downtown. It was only about a 15-20 min drive downtown so it wasn't that bad. I didn't know it at the time of booking though because I wasn't familiar with San Francisco. But this time I want to stay in the city so I will have to fork over a couple more bucks.

Yeah we staid by the airport in 2009, it wasn't bad and definitely way cheaper. 2010 for Phil's birthday and again on new years staid downtown and last year on the wharf. I have figured out where I like staying the best
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Denver Man.
Chester
More or less in line

#209237 1 year, 10 months ago
I can't come close to those prices. But I have to fly almost twice as far. And, I get to hang out in Atlanta for a couple hours.
Haven't been to Atlanta yet. I did book everything separately. I wanted to stay at that hotel everyone else is. So I booked
that first. Didn't really think to put it together as a package. Not sure if I could've.

I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Bacon Rocks
Senior Boarder

#209250 1 year, 10 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
I always use expedia because I can get the flight, hotel and car all in one shot but have never done the research to figure out if they give the cheapest rates or if it is better to book everything individually to get the best deals? Anyone have insight on that?

when i booked i played with all the options, corporate sites and expedia packages and such.
The United and Whitcomb individually came out exactly the same as doing the package through expedia. I use expedia often and usually have very good luck with 'em except in this case i booked 6 weeks before the shows were announced and chose to go through the individual sites in case of any cancellations.

Chester, as far as flying through Hartsfield airport, bring your walking shoes, it is huge. It can take quite a while to get from one terminal to another, the center corridor (where the trams run) to the end gates on both sides can be a half mile. It is one airport i will not take less than an hour layover.

We are picking up our rental car on the 1st when we plan to explore outside the city then return it to SFO on the fourth when we fly out, no reason (imo) to have a car downtown, BART and cable cars or taxis are the best way to get around.
I was standing at the corner
Talking to Miss Brown
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Denver Man, wharfrat71
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

#209251 1 year, 10 months ago
Bacon Rocks wrote:

We are picking up our rental car on the 1st when we plan to explore outside the city then return it to SFO on the fourth when we fly out, no reason (imo) to have a car downtown, BART and cable cars or taxis are the best way to get around.

Good call not to have a car in S.F., besides the traffic, and the option for public trans, I think the Whitcomb charges $30-$40 a night for parking.
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bacon Rocks
Bacon Rocks
Senior Boarder

#209253 1 year, 10 months ago
....and not to mention, I'm not getting behind the wheel at 2am on new years!!!
walking is more my pace.
Talking to Miss Brown
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#209258 1 year, 10 months ago
Bacon Rocks wrote:
....and not to mention, I'm not getting behind the wheel at 2am on new years!!!
walking is more my pace.

I'm still walking so I'm sure that I can dance...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bacon Rocks
wharfrat71
Junior Boarder

#209260 1 year, 10 months ago
Got plane tix testerday, and today they dropped $17.50. Could've been worse for sure. Right though, the fares aren't that bad right now so I'd go ahead and snag 'em before they do go up. Staying at the Cova Hotel, haha. I've heard things....... I'm sure it will be cool. Anyone have a good Tenderloin story?? Or is anyone else staying there?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#209263 1 year, 10 months ago
I can't sit in downtown SF for 4 straight days.

Anyways, we'll have a car and can take a couple people for any side trips to the park or the Haight. In addition if you are visiting the wharf, drop by!!

All this assuming we can even go
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Bacon Rocks
Senior Boarder

#209264 1 year, 10 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
I can't sit in downtown SF for 4 straight days.

Anyways, we'll have a car and can take a couple people for any side trips to the park or the Haight. In addition if you are visiting the wharf, drop by!!

All this assuming we can even go

to much to do to sit around!!
what do you mean "if"!!??? i'm really hoping to meet ya.
Talking to Miss Brown
Time to create page: 2.49 seconds