• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Double_Life
Fresh Boarder

Mail order vs. Internet presage

#204261 1 year, 9 months ago
Is there an advantage to Mail order over Internet presage?

Do they still do the bitch'n custom tickets for mail order?
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Re: Mail order vs. Internet presage

#204263 1 year, 9 months ago
My dad has always done mail order, and I will carry on that tradition as long as Furthur, etc. is around.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

#204264 1 year, 9 months ago
I have done both. I think the only difference is if you do the internet presale you know whether you have tickets right away. Instant Gratification!
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
The following user(s) said Thank You: socalbeatnik
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#204276 1 year, 9 months ago
Mail order info is up -- $100 per ticket for NYE (that is for the special commemorative ticket which is only available via mail order). 2 ticket limit for NYE.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#204279 1 year, 9 months ago
Much as I love GDTSTOO, since the tickets are sent out late, the uncertainty can be quite nerve racking. I ordered last years through Ticketmaster and they came within a week. They also can replace them if they're lost; and the big lead time allows you to fix a problem should any arise.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#204284 1 year, 9 months ago
Mail order has screwed up plans too many times. I appreciate the nostalgia and cost savings, but the uncertainty and inability to remedy a situation if they do screw up (they cannot always find you a ticket if it is their fault and the show is sold out) isn't worth it. And they don't get anywhere near enough tickets for the demand. It's too likely they won't be able to provide tickets. I don't need to tie up my money and sanity like that. Frontgate and Ticketmaster presale take a lot less effort and give me peace of mind. I get the tickets. I don't get the tickets. Right then and there.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds