• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
derek92
Junior Boarder

Re: Facebook!?

#20491 3 years, 4 months ago
i use facebook for music like differant artists and tour dates you would be surprised all the information that gets put on otherwise i have like 50 friends and dont talk to them it is useless
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#20504 3 years, 4 months ago
I pass on facebook as well even though I am under constant pressure from totem.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#20510 3 years, 4 months ago
facebook?

Tried it for a month.

creepy stuff.

Closed the account.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#20513 3 years, 4 months ago
its just another tool in my online toolbox helpful for links and meeting new /old people get lots of info and concert announcements ,no farmville etc for me
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#20519 3 years, 4 months ago
'Yeah, if it floats your boat i won't sink it'.

Seriously though, for me, the costs far outweighed any benefit.

Yes, I know that many people find that it works for them. That's why I was pressured to try it in the first place. I tried with an open mind and can honestly express that its NOT for me.

Love and Light

Paige
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#20521 3 years, 4 months ago
im not pushing it whatever works for you is fine by me,it can be annoying i get that i told everyone dont ask me to help your farm or join your mafia etc
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
lockstar
Fresh Boarder

#20522 3 years, 4 months ago
Don't do it !
absolutely beautiful
The following user(s) said Thank You: ICantFindMyFace
reb
Visitor

#20527 3 years, 4 months ago
Since so many offers are FB based I use an alias FB persona.

I do not participate with acquaintances who use FB to post pics of their fabulous houses, children and toys. I find it offensive. The worst one of all is the born-again christian FB prosthelytizers.

When I first used FB I found a few old friends which was very cool. I gave them my email addy, but they only wanted to chat on FB so we never connected past the initial contact. I don't get it. I feel exposed chatting on FB. I am old and I can't even handle my cell phone keypad, so don't mind me.
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

#20588 3 years, 4 months ago
I have zero interest in facebook or any social networking site, including linkedin. Privacy is golden, especially in this information age. Social networking sites are a fad. They come and go in popularity. Look at MySpace, it has a lame reputation but was a big deal for a period of time. For now FB is hot for those intrigued by such a service, but one day FB too will wane in popularity. As the pranksters said, "Nothing Lasts". So if you're into it, that's cool, enjoy it while it lasts. Between staying in touch in person, over the phone, via texting, IMs and Email, I think I've got it pretty well covered w/out putting it all out there for the networked world. I'll pass on the social networking sites, but thanks!
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#20685 3 years, 4 months ago
i use it--its how i keep in touch with a ton of friends, tour buddies, vendors, etc

i once saw a guy wearing a shirt i want to say asbury park it said "facetook" and the two o's were stealies, hilarious
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds