• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
reb
Visitor

Looking for Quilt Makers - need t-shit quilt

#20391 3 years, 3 months ago
aiko420 wrote:

"It has been awhile since I have seen any shirts I had to have. The old Calvin and Hobbes shirts were great! I had one that had them walking down a path next to a lake and the words "Goin where the water tastes like rain". It was cool, but I lost it somehow. My wife and I had a box of all our old tour shirts in a box in the attic. Some were wearable and some were worn down. I took the ones that were mostly salvagable and had a quilt made out of them for our 5th year anniversary. It has both of our first lot shirts and our sons first dead shirt, the Calvin and Hobbes Not Fade Away. The lady even hand stitched the stealies and Calvin and Hobbes onto the back. It is an unbelievable quilt. I only paid $250 for the girl to do it for ma.Here are some pictures..."
www.furthur.net/forum/general-discussion...hirts-and-why-so-few

I would love to have a T-shirt Quilt made from my Dead Shirt collection. I am unable to do it myself because the eyes/fingers don't work well together any longer, but I would be willing to pay somebody to do it for me.

This is a perfect idea for an aspiriing entrepreneur with quilting skills. I can see the potential, cause everyone I khow has a box of T-shirts just sadly sitting there in various states of decay.

I would then have my quit blocked and framed. I think when the time came that it would sell for the big bucks, along with my signed/numbered/framed posters that will comprise the bulk of my estate. My heirs won't be seeing much else unfortunately
!

Any quilters out there? email is in my profile.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by .
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: Looking for Quilt Makers - need t-shit quilt

#20417 3 years, 3 months ago
that's a great idea ! I have tons of old dead shirts that are no longer wearable , but I don't want to throw them out.
A nice warm quilt would be great !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#20474 3 years, 3 months ago
look around for a local quilting club im sure somebody there can help ya out.try a fabric shop or a place like michaels,ac moore or web for clubs
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#20482 3 years, 3 months ago
My wife and I are both quilters...I tried to find your email but with no luck. I've seen quilts made out of old tour shirts...dresses too
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Abba.
reb
Visitor

#20540 3 years, 3 months ago

I would love to hear about your quiliting, please write me.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by .
brobnsita
Junior Boarder
i'm in the world to change the world

#20550 3 years, 3 months ago
I've never even thought of the dress/skirt idea, but I'm glad you mentioned it! How fantastic!!! The quilts are a great idea, but something I can wear is so much more practical for me. Thank you, Abba!!
laughin in her eyes, dancin in her feet
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#20552 3 years, 3 months ago
Sending an email as we speak...attached a couple of photos
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#20554 3 years, 3 months ago
brobnsita wrote:
I've never even thought of the dress/skirt idea, but I'm glad you mentioned it! How fantastic!!! The quilts are a great idea, but something I can wear is so much more practical for me. Thank you, Abba!!

It is the best...I love wearable art!!! A tapestry looks great but something you can wear looks way better
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#20735 3 years, 3 months ago
i was gonna suggest you abba i saw you made cloths but didnt want to assume anything
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#20771 3 years, 3 months ago
Thank you 83
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds