• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
bambamcdn
Junior Boarder

Re: Thank you to the TAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#204025 2 years ago
Tapers have saved my day many times, through so many gems over the many many years....can't thank you enough .....oh and I really want that Vegas show this year...
Someday, everything is gonna be different
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#204028 2 years ago
ecojaded wrote:
love the notes from 10-6-12 Greek from taper

"tell all your friends who go to these dead related/jamband shows that when they see a mic stand and guy with flashlight right next to it, that they should make every effort to keep quiet when they're near it. i really have just about had it with all questions about when i'm going to upload/torrent the show, only to have some of these same people carry on like they just saw the fucking ghost of jimi hendrix on stage. that said, these 2 shows (the 5th is here: archive.org/details/futhur2012-10-05.fur...012-10-05_mk4_flac24 ) at the greek theater suffer from the same problem that all shows at the greek have; low dB limits. the place is in a neighborhood that negotiated this with the venue. if you talk to any foh guy/gal who has tried to mix a show there they will tell you that it's a tough place because they cannot get it loud enough to hear it right. the result for these two shows is that the chatter that normally gets drowned out by good spls in a real rock venue is not squashed in either of these 2. a complaint made in the comments of the 5th was that the recording sounded low. both shows were amplified to 0.0... but because of the low spl, the relationship between the chatter and the music is a worse ratio than other places in which i've recorded shows (maybe that's just me?). however, the music, when the drunken hordes of dead cover-band fetishists managed to stfu for a bit, is really pretty good"

When the Band is playing STFU

Unfortunately people don't care if they are loud.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#204041 2 years ago
Denver Man wrote:

Unfortunately people don't care if they are loud.

Especially when they've been drinking!!!
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#204048 2 years ago
Great subject. So many great tapers from Digi to Chris Larsen to tsquare to nakguy to taperob and so on, way too many to mention them all. I so appreciate your efforts and the great pulls from all the concerts I went to over the summer.

Perhaps my favs are the MCU shows by Digi. The bass is just so great and comes through so beautifully and loud. Man I love loud bass. Nakguy's pull of 12/29 is also something to behold, or listen to. The Phil bomb, at the Slipknot reprise makes my pant legs actually move from my subwoofer on my computer system. Yahoooooo!!!

Thank you all soooooo much. ((((((((((((((((((((((TAPERS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

#204143 2 years ago
Blues_Power wrote:
i'm sad to say that we probably won't see any good audience recordings of the Santa Barbara show. the band put the tapers in a totally ridiculous spot, so we were screwed before the show even started.

The LA shows suffer from horrible crowd noise. David's LA recordings are up on archive.org and his comments sum up the experience for all the tapers. we were spread out across section B, but none of us had cooperative neighbors. someone may have come away with a decent recording, but i have no idea who that might be.

i got a really good recording from Shoreline and will post it to archive this weekend. that show absolutely rocked!!!

links to Shoreline, 09/30/12...

bt.etree.org/details.php?id=559235

archive.org/details/furthur2012-09-30.aud.mkh8040.tt.flac16
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#214268 1 year, 11 months ago
I got to FINALLY thank Taper Rob and some other tapers last night for all that they do. Very kind people. I asked Taper Rob if I can post etiher his pic or a pic of his setup, he said he does not wish to have any pictures taken, which of course I respect. He did share some funny stories. And he too is a Long Island NY boy. Long Island Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#214269 1 year, 11 months ago
OH, DIGIgal, will you be taping (or at) any of the Port Chester shows? You too have been an elusiive taper and board member. I cannot believe our paths haven't crossed at a show. I'l love to say hello and thank you one day in person.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#214386 1 year, 11 months ago
No, almost went down for PL&F tonight (11/16) but it didn't work out, thinking of DSO Westcott and not certain at this point. Could maybe provide a reduced bandwidth mono-sum live stream of DSO and ultimately post the high quality recording on LMA when I get time to edit it as I seem to be building a backlog.

Been followin' Hornsby for a few solo shows, two of them left to edit and post yet. Got his BU show up on etree and handed a copy on CD's to his sound guy who had asked at the show if he could get a copy. Other than that classical season has started now which I enjoy with my hubby.

Glad that my recordings are appreciated, it's a passion for me. Say, recently found my 2012 Bethel recording made LMA's staff pick and my 2012 MCU recording was Smith's Pick's Volume 5. Gave me a nice warm fuzzy feeling to make these discoveries.

Hope to see you down the road, I'm camera shy too and glad that you met TaperRob he's a real sweet guy. Fingers crossed for more Furthur dates in 2013.

How did you fare with Hurricane Sandy?
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds