• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4900
R U Kind?

Thank you to the TAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#203777 1 year, 10 months ago
I just had an urge to re-listen to Solo Bobby in my neck of the woods. I'm now seeing Digi's version up for the first time.

Thank you Digi, Trent and I am certain other kind tapers who are helping to keep our music alive forever.

archive.org/details/bw2012-04-28.akg391.digigal.flac16

Bob Weir Live at NYCB Theatre at Westbury on 2012-04-28 (April 28, 2012)

And thank you Mushroom Man for emailing me those kind Jerry Nuggets from time to time. You rock too brother!!!!!
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, DigiGal, skidoo, SunshineSue
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder
Posts:276

Re: Thank you to the TAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#203786 1 year, 10 months ago
The auds I have listened to from this recent tour, at least the ones posted on the archive are phenomenal. Hats off to the tapers, even the surly and arrogant ones. The SBD I got from first night RR sounds better than previous efforts by G and H, in case anyone is thinking about buying the sbds.
Right now, I can't read too well...
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3203
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Thank you to the TAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#203820 1 year, 10 months ago
Yes, a special thank you to Chris Larson to getting some of these on this tour uploaded the very next morning when I checked.

Thanks Man !!
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7502
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Thank you to the TAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#203822 1 year, 10 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
Yes, a special thank you to Chris Larson to getting some of these on this tour uploaded the very next morning when I checked.

Thanks Man !!


Yeah Chris Larsen has saved the day for Fall tour. Especially stuff after RR. Just need SD and SB. Really want that SD show at the least.

TAPERS RULE!!!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
Posts:423
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

Re: Thank you to the TAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#203840 1 year, 10 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
I just had an urge to re-listen to Solo Bobby in my neck of the woods. I'm now seeing Digi's version up for the first time.

Thank you Digi, Trent and I am certain other kind tapers who are helping to keep our music alive forever.

archive.org/details/bw2012-04-28.akg391.digigal.flac16

Bob Weir Live at NYCB Theatre at Westbury on 2012-04-28 (April 28, 2012)

And thank you Mushroom Man for emailing me those kind Jerry Nuggets from time to time. You rock too brother!!!!!


Say, thanks for saying thanks on behalf of the tapers.

One of these days I'll get around to editing and posting my Bobby Solo recording from from the day before in Wilkes-Barre. That one is still in my backlog alongside a couple Furthur, 1 NRPS, 1 Wilco and some classical.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, scar1et_f1re, pulmike
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3203
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Thank you to the TAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#203858 1 year, 10 months ago
love the notes from 10-6-12 Greek from taper

"tell all your friends who go to these dead related/jamband shows that when they see a mic stand and guy with flashlight right next to it, that they should make every effort to keep quiet when they're near it. i really have just about had it with all questions about when i'm going to upload/torrent the show, only to have some of these same people carry on like they just saw the fucking ghost of jimi hendrix on stage. that said, these 2 shows (the 5th is here: archive.org/details/futhur2012-10-05.fur...012-10-05_mk4_flac24 ) at the greek theater suffer from the same problem that all shows at the greek have; low dB limits. the place is in a neighborhood that negotiated this with the venue. if you talk to any foh guy/gal who has tried to mix a show there they will tell you that it's a tough place because they cannot get it loud enough to hear it right. the result for these two shows is that the chatter that normally gets drowned out by good spls in a real rock venue is not squashed in either of these 2. a complaint made in the comments of the 5th was that the recording sounded low. both shows were amplified to 0.0... but because of the low spl, the relationship between the chatter and the music is a worse ratio than other places in which i've recorded shows (maybe that's just me?). however, the music, when the drunken hordes of dead cover-band fetishists managed to stfu for a bit, is really pretty good"

When the Band is playing STFU
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4900
R U Kind?

Re: Thank you to the TAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#203865 1 year, 10 months ago
DigiGal wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:
I just had an urge to re-listen to Solo Bobby in my neck of the woods. I'm now seeing Digi's version up for the first time.

Thank you Digi, Trent and I am certain other kind tapers who are helping to keep our music alive forever.

archive.org/details/bw2012-04-28.akg391.digigal.flac16

Bob Weir Live at NYCB Theatre at Westbury on 2012-04-28 (April 28, 2012)

And thank you Mushroom Man for emailing me those kind Jerry Nuggets from time to time. You rock too brother!!!!!


Say, thanks for saying thanks on behalf of the tapers.

One of these days I'll get around to editing and posting my Bobby Solo recording from from the day before in Wilkes-Barre. That one is still in my backlog alongside a couple Furthur, 1 NRPS, 1 Wilco and some classical.


If you found a spot in Wilkes Barre that was not drowned out by talkers you have mad skills girl.

Love your stuff, thanks for sharing
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
skidoo
Gold Boarder
Posts:918
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

Re: Thank you to the TAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#203866 1 year, 10 months ago
you said it
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
Posts:423
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

Re: Thank you to the TAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#204011 1 year, 10 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:


If you found a spot in Wilkes Barre that was not drowned out by talkers you have mad skills girl.

Love your stuff, thanks for sharing


Please stand by: I actually should be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat with that show. I recorded that show using a mid-side stereo technique with a shotgun mic for the mid. Maybe I'll work at editing that one next, but I'm planning a couple more Hornsby shows so it may wait until after them unless I can make the time to edit it before next month.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
Posts:432
in the world, but not of the world

Re: Thank you to the TAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#204021 1 year, 10 months ago
i'm sad to say that we probably won't see any good audience recordings of the Santa Barbara show. the band put the tapers in a totally ridiculous spot, so we were screwed before the show even started.

The LA shows suffer from horrible crowd noise. David's LA recordings are up on archive.org and his comments sum up the experience for all the tapers. we were spread out across section B, but none of us had cooperative neighbors. someone may have come away with a decent recording, but i have no idea who that might be.

i got a really good recording from Shoreline and will post it to archive this weekend. that show absolutely rocked!!!
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Blues_Power.
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds