• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Ted Nugent: YAH or NAY ?

#20371 3 years, 6 months ago
Sure I know Ted is a Reptoid Robot Asshole spouting right wing rhetoric,a Gun nut who shoots and devours furry woodland critters at every given opportunity, but what I'm talikin' about is the Tunage !!
Great white buffalo, Hibernation, Stranglehold ! Double Live Gonzo !! Many people forget that there was a time when Ted was the biggest in-concert draw in the world ( '77,'78 and '79 )
So, whats the verdict ? how many think ted is cool ? how many think he should get the natures revenge treatment ?
Myself I don't mind the guy as long as just shuts up and plays the guitar.
But when he starts prattling about george bush, gun rights and demonstrating his bow technique I'm ready to call in a howitzer strike on the stage. how about you ?
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by the highway terror.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Re: Ted Nugent: YAH or NAY ?

#20381 3 years, 6 months ago
I used to love ted. Still do actually. Saw him 3x in early 80's. Yes I saw many other concerts other than the dead, just usually not more than once and not all around the northeast. Came out one time swinging off a vine wearing a loin cloth like Tarzan. Swung from what appeared to be an amp stack about 20 ft high. Zwango ztango! Couple other good ted stories as well. Who woulda thought what he would become? Who knew? Id still go see him again though.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by neverstop66.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#20401 3 years, 6 months ago
As Frank Zappa once said, Shut up and play yer guitar!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#20407 3 years, 6 months ago
nay nay nay nay
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#20424 3 years, 6 months ago
I like his music, but I havn't been following anything else about him...
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#20426 3 years, 6 months ago
"Anybody that doesn't think it is better to blow someones brains out than to be raped, deserves to be raped! If you don't think your life is worth it then please go out there, don't wear any underpants and get RAPED!! Cuz you deserve it ..." - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., September 23, 1991

"... And in my mind, I'm going why can't I just shoot this guy in the spine right now; shoot him in the spine, explain the facts of life to him... [Ted referring to an encounter with a Hare Krishna]" - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., September 28, 1990

"I don't hunt for sport, I don't hunt for recreation, I don't hunt for meat, I hunt to hunt ..." - Detroit Free Press , p. 12D, April 17, 1989

"I contribute to the dead of winter and the moans of silence, blood trails are music to my ears ... I'm a gut pile addict ... The pig didn't know I was there ... it's my kick ... I love shafting animals ... " - Ted Nugent's World Bowhunters Magazine, Volume 1/Number 4, May 1990, p.12

Renegade Ranch (a fenced in, 300-acre canned hunting recreation area): Participants pay for the animals they kill - anywhere from $500 for a wild boar to $5,500 for a six-point elk. Nugent tacks on a $250 fee for serving as celebrity guide. - Detroit Free Press Magazine , July 15, 1990

Military service: 30 days before his draft board physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days, he ingested nothing but Vienna sausages and Pepsi; and a week before his physical, he stopped using bathrooms altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with his own excrement, stained by his urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment, he says. "... but if I would have gone over there, I'd have been killed, or I'd have killed, or I'd killed all the hippies in the foxholes...I would have killed everybody." - Detroit Free Press Magazine , July 15, 1990

I vote NAY.
If it rolls, sink it.
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#20433 3 years, 6 months ago
no way this guy is a nut job
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#20435 3 years, 6 months ago
Grateful fredhead wrote:
no way this guy is a nut job

true, but he can be comical. Used to play Strangehold over and over in college.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#20450 3 years, 6 months ago
i saw the swinging from a rope loin cloth routine as well,ted is an awesome guitarist,im also a "gun nut" and i hunt as well for fresh hormone free truly organic cage free meat.ted can be over the top but its part act part persona.I say YEAH. the draft dodge stoy is BS by the way.
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#20469 3 years, 6 months ago
Looks like a polarizing subject. Ted fully utilizes his right to freedom of speech and right to bear arms. To each his own. All I know is that when Ted comes on the radio, I turn it up, not off!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds