• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

Re: Somebody's Updating the Tour Page...

#203412 1 year, 10 months ago
sorry for the false alarm. i really thought something was happening today when i saw the changes to the tour page. at first they deleted the 2012 west coast fall dates, then they loaded the 2011 fall east coast dates (which was very strange), then it went back to the 2012 fall west coast poster with no dates. i thought for sure the next page that got loaded was going to be the New Year's announcement. whenever the announcement happens it's gotta be soon.
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#203414 1 year, 10 months ago
Stonedbeetle wrote:
Or maybe they just had the web dude blank the page so they could kick back, grab a brew, hit the refresh key on the forums and say . . .

"Look at the frenzy we got these silly hippies in now"

Not that they're 'silly', but certainly eager for news.
I can just see the administrators of this site laughing about this over glasses of vintage Merlot, while their BMW's gleam outside
the window of the establishment they're patronizing.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by AcidTestGraduate.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#203416 1 year, 10 months ago
lostsailor wrote:
illuminaughty wrote:
ok, its MONDAY, im sure its just the "webmaster" or whatever doin some house cleaning, so they can release NYE dates FRIDAY.
until NYE furthur is taking a much needed rest, and after NYE, who knows. burn that bridge when you come to it.
right now, start planning for an epic NYE run.
i think they are starting on 12-21 and playin ten shows in a row, with a break in the middle.
you heard it here first.

that would be something!!! I'm flying in on that Friday hoping they do at least a 4 day... but could they actually sell out all 10 days or come close? the thursday before NYE didn't do all that well, and the idea of more shows perhaps might not fair well... I'd think.

I think they were just deleting the no longer upcoming shows since tour's done.

A weekend run preceding new years (Fri, Sat, Sun. New Years) would be a good bet ticket sales wise. What's the
point in having a dark day (i.e. no show in the midst of a run). My bet is 4 day run, and one heck of a party!!!
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#203421 1 year, 10 months ago
Dont let the stubhubs buy all the tickets!
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder

#203423 1 year, 10 months ago
stubgrubs?
Phred
Senior Boarder

#203425 1 year, 10 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Phred wrote:
Another place I'm keeping an eye on is the calendar at the BGCA..

www.apeconcerts.com/venue_bgc.cfm

Phred - does this mean you are thinking of going?

Oh yeah! Went last year, and wouldn't miss it if it happens. How about you?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#203427 1 year, 10 months ago
Phred wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Phred wrote:

Well Lord knows I have spent a small fortune on tours already this year but I have yet to miss a Furthur New Years, plus it is my wife's favorite run even more so than RR so it seems like we'll be there. Some pieces have to fall into place as usual - babysitter, dog sitter, house sitter etc..

If they do a 4 day run it would make 35 Furthur shows for me so that would be cool to end 2012 on a nice round number like 35 Hey I love statistics! Crap what if they only do a 3 day run?? Then it's only 34

I kind of wonder if they could even sell enough tickets for 4 straight days. Helps being over a weekend I suppose. Every year more and more people show up in SF so I guess it's possible!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
mddichard07
Junior Boarder

#203429 1 year, 10 months ago
how do ticket sales for nye usually work for furthur?
any tips would be super appreciated
Phred
Senior Boarder

#203440 1 year, 10 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Phred wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Phred wrote:

Well Lord knows I have spent a small fortune on tours already this year but I have yet to miss a Furthur New Years, plus it is my wife's favorite run even more so than RR so it seems like we'll be there. Some pieces have to fall into place as usual - babysitter, dog sitter, house sitter etc..

If they do a 4 day run it would make 35 Furthur shows for me so that would be cool to end 2012 on a nice round number like 35 Hey I love statistics! Crap what if they only do a 3 day run?? Then it's only 34

I kind of wonder if they could even sell enough tickets for 4 straight days. Helps being over a weekend I suppose. Every year more and more people show up in SF so I guess it's possible!

Four would be nice, but I will be happy to have any...just getting a bit anxious that they haven't announced yet...
And, I think my wife agrees with yours, she LOVES the SF runs.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds