• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
lookatitright
Junior Boarder

Vocals on sbds are so.......far.......away.....

#20323 3 years, 2 months ago
Whoever is doing them needs to see the ratdog, the dead or if they really want to care about a good product, betty boards on how vocals should be mixed on a sbd tape.

The fixation on trying a "matrix" mix needs to stop. Such good music being played, that is not being captured properly.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Vocals on sbds are so.......far.......away.....

#20327 3 years, 2 months ago
agree 100% .... they especially need to make sure we can hear Bobby properly, on the cds and at the shows.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CinnamonGirl53
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

#20328 3 years, 2 months ago
I agree, the Furthur soundboard quality / fidelity leaves a LOT to be desired for me personally -- which is a source of major disappointment. The music is fantastic, but come on, the Dead has always been ahead of the curve and defining new trends in live performance audio systems. These guys missing out on hi-fi and accurate soundboards in 2011 is a source of bemusement for me. I've been buying the Phish 2010 and 2011 soundboards lately and have gotten used to their super-high quality, so whenever I throw on a Furthur soundboard I am immediately aware of its deficiencies and inferior sound quality in comparison. Yes, I will still buy the Furthur soundboards. That being said, I'd be all grins if Furthur's soundboard quality dramatically improved. Furthur should just give John Cutler a call or compare notes with the other band to fix what is lacking.
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by deadahead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CinnamonGirl53
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#20591 3 years, 2 months ago
there sure are a lot of folks complaining about this issue.
Myself I've never had a problem with any of the live recordings I've bought , just lucky I guess.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#20596 3 years, 2 months ago
"Myself I've never had a problem with any of the live recordings I've bought , just lucky I guess."

I'm not trying to be rude or contradict you or anything like that but just out of curiosity......Bobbys vocals wern't low on any that you bought or went to?

Honestly the only problem I had was at the Wallingford and Best Buy shows but mostly BB. His mic was so low I couldn't believe it but then at RCMH everything sounded great......those are the last shows I've seen so I'm hoping with your comment and stuff, that the problem was fixed after the BB shows.
JerseyRed
Fresh Boarder

#20614 3 years, 2 months ago
I've purchased sbds at the shows and online for download. The vocals sound horrible, especially Bob. Almost sounds like the vocals are taken from the audience.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#20619 3 years, 2 months ago
I agree but not totally. Just got out of my car listening to fox theater Atl 11 and bobs vocals were sounding good. Miami and orlando 10 good too. But others just not right. And none of them sound as good as ratdog cd quality from 09.
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds