• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Phred
Senior Boarder

Re: Craziest thing you've ever seen at a show

#203467 1 year, 10 months ago
Not particularly freaky, but very funny...at NYE last year, I was sitting in the disabled seating area (just had ankle surgery) and was seated next to an elderly couple that I would guess to be in mid-70s. Both were dressed head to toe in tie-dye sweat suits including tams and both on oxygen. Dad was completely zoned, and kept looking through glass tumblers that had flashing multi-colored lights in their bases. About half way through the first set he offered the tumblers to my wife and said "have you ever seen such AMAZING colors!" She looked through them, agreed it was pretty and handed back to Dad. They were great pals the rest of the show with Dad staring through the tumblers at the ceiling, floor, ... everywhere but the stage. They weren't freaks at all and he looked for the world to be a retired Dr. or banker with short cut white hair and neatly trimmed white mustache. Must have been some great stuff.....either that or it wasn't oxygen in their tanks.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Phred.
Stonedbeetle
Junior Boarder

#203502 1 year, 10 months ago
O.K. So I have seen two of the things posted here.

Was at Roosevelt Park across from the Spectrum in 88, and was vending on Shakdown when the dog guy was walking around. If I recall, wasn't the WWE also in town for a day on that same run. Weird mix of folks in the lot that day.

Was also in Pittsburgh for the police scene.

Other notable . . .

Was in Richmond VA for the shows at the Colliseum. Slept in a Microbus in the pouring rain for a few days days. Got home late on the 3rd. Went to bed and woke up late on the 4th to find the city had flooded. Never left the lot, so was unaware of what was goin on around us.

Hands down weirdest thing though . . . .

Mann Music Center 2011 - Hanging in the lot preshow and a buck came out from behind a statue, charges two girls sitting under a canopy next to us, lands on a pile of folded cardboard from beer cases and wipes out into the side of an Acura. It got up, jumped over the front corner of the car and took off down shakedown. One antler took out the canopy, the other scratched one girls shoulder, she went over the back of the chair, one hoof took out the leg of the chair the other girl was sitting on. She manage to dive into the back of her vehicle that had the hatch open. Both had eaten a bag of shrooms about 20 minutes before and were a few minutes from lift off. They were shaken up pretty bad. Not a good way to take off. We were set up right next to them and watch the whole thing unfold within feet of us in dis-beleif.
Bound to cover just a little more ground . . .
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Stonedbeetle.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#203504 1 year, 10 months ago
Stonedbeetle wrote:
O.K. So I have seen two of the things posted here.

Was at Roosevelt Park across from the Spectrum in 88, and was vending on Shakdown when the dog guy was walking around. If I recall, wasn't the WWE also in town for a day on that same run. Weird mix of folks in the lot that day.

Was also in Pittsburgh for the police scene.

Other notable . . .

Was in Richmond VA for the shows at the Colliseum. Slept in a Microbus in the pouring rain for a few days days. Got home late on the 3rd. Went to bed and woke up late on the 4th to find the city had flooded. Never left the lot, so was unaware of what was goin on around us.

Hands down weirdest thing though . . . .

Mann Music Center 2011 - Hanging in the lot preshow and a buck came out from behind a statue, charges two girls sitting under a canopy next to us, lands on a pile of folded cardboard from beer cases and wipes out into the side of an Acura. It got up, jumped over the front corner of the car and took off down shakedown. One antler took out the canopy, the other scratched one girls shoulder, she went over the back of the chair, one hoof took out the leg of the chair the other girl was sitting on. She manage to dive into the back of her vehicle that had the hatch open. Both had eaten a bag of shrooms about 20 minutes before and were a few minutes from lift off. They were shaken up pretty bad. Not a good way to take off. We were set up right next to them and watch the whole thing unfold within feet of us in dis-beleif.

I also remember a bunch of jacked up bikers trying to rock a bus onto it's side the same night as the dog guy, a dozen guys pushing on one side trying to tip it over
philly yo
-- smell every flower --
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds