• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Carl
Junior Boarder

Re: Craziest thing you've ever seen at a show

#203279 1 year, 6 months ago
at furthur fest, I saw a dude in banana suit laying face down in a pile of trash being handcuffedd by the pigs. dont know the situation but it was funny to see
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, Wundurland
manunyc
Senior Boarder

#203282 1 year, 6 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
manunyc wrote:
It involved this exchange. In front of the Port a potties "hey is that one free?" "nope, there is a women in there masturbating" "oh yeah will you look at that"

Hey at least she was in the port a potty

Yeah, but she also could have not propped open the door. Sort of defeats the purpose of being in there. I guess she needed somewhere to sit?
Counting stars by candlelight, all are dim but one is bright
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#203294 1 year, 6 months ago
ATLANTIC CITY show this couple who talked through the ENTIRE show and did not look like they were having fun at all , I eventually moved
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#203301 1 year, 6 months ago
Lady laying down toward back of the theater screaming and I mean screaming POOR Peter !!!!!!!!!!! During Black Peter, I literally thought I saw her mind roll right past my seat and down the isle.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, 23atwell, Wundurland
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#203331 1 year, 6 months ago
Like Burt once said.. ME
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#203337 1 year, 6 months ago
Carl wrote:
at furthur fest, I saw a dude in banana suit laying face down in a pile of trash being handcuffedd by the pigs. dont know the situation but it was funny to see

He was actually a cool dude to talk to. It was funny to watch him dance around when your dosing. I sat next to him for a bit.

23.jpg
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousDan
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#203417 1 year, 6 months ago
Lets see. Nude people and sexual activity was fairly common at Dead shows, especially out west. I have seen:

Two people screwing on the pavement in daylight in front of a crowd (they had most of their clothes on, though). This was an east coast late 80s show.

We were hanging out a van after a show waiting for the driver and a guy right outside the van was giving his girlfriend a hard time for flirting and so she took off her top and gave us a good view of her breasts to piss him off. East coast late 80s.

I went up to the top level of the Capitol Center in Landover, MD to find a friend during set break and there were like 10-15 totally naked heads up there. My friend said they had all been there dancing the entire set. The same show, there was a topless girl in the parking lot before the show. These struck me as strange considering this place also routinely had lines of cops with batons outside.

I saw totally naked girls dancing at California shows several times at the Frost and Cal Expo (85-90)

Billy Graham Presents had an official, in between set event featuring a ring of topless girls dancing with flowers (Frost 85 I think)

Then there are the fun people who get up on stage during shows. At Alpine 88, a girl got on stage and sat down in front of Jerry during Morning Dew (hey, seemed like a good location to watch from at the time). A guy also walked calmly across the stage at Furthur Bethel last summer and security didn't even notice until he was on the other side entering the crowd. There was also a west coast show in the 80s where a naked girl got on stage during the show and it was funny because they were unsure of how to grab her..

Frost 85 was a particularily entertaining show. There was some bad/strong/laced acid going around. A friend who has taken some had to be taken to the medical station after the show because he was seeing 'god'. There was a huge number of people at the station all having the same problem. The medics were totally overwhelmed...

Outside Pittsbugh (88 maybe), we got out of the show to find like a thousand cops in riot gear 'encouraging' people to get the hell quickly before they started beating us. I'm not even sure what prompted this but it was ugly.

Hartford Fall 79. I was inside the show about a half hour before the starting time and a roadie came out and told us the show was canceled because Jerry was sick.

Hampton 88 where some heads took crow bars and pried the doors off outside doors and poured in - people were already inside and they had take tickets so there was little they could do but the place was packed by showtime.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by rippleish20.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Carl
Junior Boarder

#203424 1 year, 6 months ago
23atwell wrote:
Carl wrote:

He was actually a cool dude to talk to. It was funny to watch him dance around when your dosing. I sat next to him for a bit.

23.jpg

holy shit I cant believe you got a picture lol hope thats the guy. there could not have been to many bananas walking around
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#203426 1 year, 6 months ago
rippleish20 wrote:
Lets see. Nude people and sexual activity was fairly common at Dead shows, especially out west. I have seen:

Two people screwing on the pavement in daylight in front of a crowd (they had most of their clothes on, though). This was an east coast late 80s show.

We were hanging out a van after a show waiting for the driver and a guy right outside the van was giving his girlfriend a hard time for flirting and so she took off her top and gave us a good view of her breasts to piss him off. East coast late 80s.

I went up to the top level of the Capitol Center in Landover, MD to find a friend during set break and there were like 10-15 totally naked heads up there. My friend said they had all been there dancing the entire set. The same show, there was a topless girl in the parking lot before the show. These struck me as strange considering this place also routinely had lines of cops with batons outside.

I was at Frost '85 and didn't see any of what you described, but I was quite dosed, and obviously in the wrong spot.

I saw totally naked girls dancing at California shows several times at the Frost and Cal Expo (85-90)

Billy Graham Presents had an official, in between set event featuring a ring of topless girls dancing with flowers (Frost 85 I think)

Then there are the fun people who get up on stage during shows. At Alpine 88, a girl got on stage and sat down in front of Jerry during Morning Dew (hey, seemed like a good location to watch from at the time). A guy also walked calmly across the stage at Furthur Bethel last summer and security didn't even notice until he was on the other side entering the crowd. There was also a west coast show in the 80s where a naked girl got on stage during the show and it was funny because they were unsure of how to grab her..

Frost 85 was a particularily entertaining show. There was some bad/strong/laced acid going around. A friend who has taken some had to be taken to the medical station after the show because he was seeing 'god'. There was a huge number of people at the station all having the same problem. The medics were totally overwhelmed...

Outside Pittsbugh (88 maybe), we got out of the show to find like a thousand cops in riot gear 'encouraging' people to get the hell quickly before they started beating us. I'm not even sure what prompted this but it was ugly.

Hartford Fall 79. I was inside the show about a half hour before the starting time and a roadie came out and told us the show was canceled because Jerry was sick.

Hampton 88 where some heads took crow bars and pried the doors off outside doors and poured in - people were already inside and they had take tickets so there was little they could do but the place was packed by showtime.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#203428 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
a dude yelling "go bobby" when john is the only person singing and playing on the stage

Bro, if I didnt know better I would you guess are talking about the guy behind me at the Greek on Fri nite who more less did the same thing a few times, then even better as they are working through the a jam in Mountain Song he shouts out Jack Straw. Funny.

Section A right side about Row R?????
Wiggsdannyboy
Junior Boarder

#203431 1 year, 6 months ago
Right before a show my friend and I were walking along the sidewalk leading from the shakedown lot to the venue and a couple cops go running by us the other way. we walk a little further and this little dude who is sitting on the ground with his hands handcuffed behind her back starts going "hey, hey!" at us. "i just got arrested and they're about to be back. will you take something for me real quick?"
my gut reaction was to help him but i was kinda sketched out and paused for a second. i was standing there just looking at him and no less than two seconds after asking me he spins around on his upper back, drops one of shoulders way down (out of joint, I think), and did a move where he looped his handcuffed hands down and around your his legs so that they were in front of him. almost without stopping the guy grabbed a lil baggie from somewhere in his wasteband and ripped it open and spread it out on the ground. without stopping he hunched over it, just putting a nostral directly over it, and snorted away. he sat up and threw the crumpled up lil baggie away from him. he smiled at us and just said "nevermind".
just then we heard one of the cops, who apparently was on his way back for the little guy, yell "hey, keep moving". we laughed and kept walking
"Euphoria is having no idea who you are and not caring, ectasy is knowing exactly who you are... and still not caring." -Tom Robbins

"Don't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea"
Uncle Ron
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#203432 1 year, 6 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

I was at Frost '85 and didn't see any of what you described, but I was quite dosed, and obviously in the wrong spot.

The BGP presents dancing topless girls could have been at another west coast show in 85 (Irvine maybe) instead of the Frost. I remember thinking that they would never tolerate that on the East coast, much less promote it.

But there were several topless girls at the first (4/27/85) Frost show, where I was, about 1/3 of the way back in the center. I was also tripping and it was very hard not to stare at the topless girl next to me. And the trippers seeing God was definitely Frost 85. It was really not much fun to try and help my friend when I was close to the edge myself.

It's not that surprising you didn't see that if you weren't at the medics tent (I normally try and avoid the medics tent )
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by rippleish20.
Time to create page: 1.12 seconds