• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
paulr
Junior Boarder

Re: What is the premier east coast outdoor venue?

#202076 1 year, 9 months ago
Gelston Castle
I remember hearing about those long lines. We came in from the other direction and turned right in>>>>>>>
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by paulr.
Poles
Expert Boarder

#202102 1 year, 9 months ago
nycdave wrote:
If you are looking for cool scenery and ambient atmosphere, not to mention a nice breeze off of the water, both Jones Beach and MCU park in Cony Island are fun, comfortable places. Jones Beach security is way overamped, however having water behind the stage brings a nice warm breeze. As for Cony Island; a ferris wheel, parachute jump, roller coaster, a famous amusment park, this all adds to the experience in a fun way. The stadium itself, though a minor league ballpark, is big on the comfort level. The stage is set up behind 2nd base. In the stands, the scene is way mellow. No wait for either food or bathrooms. Did I mention the ocean breeze? Upstate concerts are fun, people (by east coast standards) are calm, but from an architectural standpoint, not much there. As for the Mann, uh I am making an effort to be more positive, so uh, moving right along; Tanglewood is a nice place to see music. Unfortunately the band doesn't play there. In summation, no premier venues on the east coast, but lots of nice places to see shows.

With all due respect MCU is a logistical nightmare. Bethel can be problematic, unless you know backroads, but for my money I would take Bethel over MCU or Jones Beach any day of the week. It's not Red Rocks, but Bethel is worth the journey.
Don't ya touch hard liquor
Just a cup of cold coffee
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#202118 1 year, 9 months ago
the old pool farm in schwenksville, pa...aka home of the philadelphia folk festival aka my backyard:

Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by spring mountain high.
Poles
Expert Boarder

#202121 1 year, 9 months ago
That looks pretty freakin cool
Don't ya touch hard liquor
Just a cup of cold coffee
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds