• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: 2013 Rock Hall of Fame Nominations: Vote Now!

#202084 1 year, 11 months ago
Chester wrote:
Congratulations to Rush. Much deserved, and long overdue. However, what about the Moody Blues?
I know, not currently relevant. But certainly deserving of a place in the hall.

you beat me to it (by a long shot) was just gonna say the same thing... the Moody Blues are still touring and making new music.... but there are quite a few good choices this year. Still the Moody Blues are way over due
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, CatDancer
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#202087 1 year, 11 months ago
gvanman wrote:
Moody Blues deserves to be snubbed. I saw them in Illinois about 20 years ago and to this day I can still remember how much of a bunch of snobby ASSHOLES they were. Maybe they just had a bad night but I was there that night.

well no offense but I think theres a bunch of people who have been inducted who deserved to get 'snubed' a lot more then the Moody Blues, like 83 just said NWA ?

they may not be/sound the same (Moody Blues) but imo they played a significant roll in Rock's history. I never even seen them yet, was going to this past 4/20 then I had to cancle those plans when Wanee was announced

but yea there setlists are more the same and focused on their hits and probably seems more commercial like, but theres a lot more to them then what they perform now and probably 20 years ago to
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Poles
Expert Boarder

#202101 1 year, 11 months ago
The simple fact that Albert King is mot already enshrined just proves that the Rock and Roll HOF is a fuckin piece of meaningless nostalgic bullshit. I mean who cares. They lost all credibility decades ago. Rap artists in before Albert King is proof in the pudding. Albert's influence on Rock guitarists is undeniable. Cream's Disraeli Gears was dubbed the greatest Albert King tribute album of all time. Albert did not enjoy the commercial successes of BB, but that was primarily due to his devotion to statying close to his roots and sticking to the dive juke joints and not pandering to white audiences. Rush should be in for sure, but they are too much for the average music fan to think about.
Don't ya touch hard liquor
Just a cup of cold coffee
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Poles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
CatDancer
Fresh Boarder
... many worlds i've come since i first left

#203152 1 year, 11 months ago
So many great musicians on that list. Almost looks like a list of my old (eclectic) record collection -- seriously, I bought the music of just about every name on that list from the Marvalettes to Kraftwerk. Truly I am especially rooting for RUSH. Their amazing music continues to be an important part of the soundtrack of my life. I've been an active fan since 1974, and the Clockwork Angels project is monumental. You go guys! Thanks for the list and the reminder.
CatDancer
Fresh Boarder
... many worlds i've come since i first left

#203212 1 year, 11 months ago
I saw the Moody Blues in recent years & the show was a blast. They were great to the audience & hired local girls to gogo dance on the stage.

And this might be really corny of me, but that song & video they had on MTV for "Your Wildest Dreams" where the young band is leaving England for their first US tour & the guy is saying good bye to his girl, & even though they are obviously totally in love fame comes fast & between them beyond their control. At the end the band comes back to play the home town a decade or two later, and she gets back stage & their eyes meet & they are happy to see each other & you can tell it's still there between them but before they can make it across the room to each other the crowd swells between them, his manager demands his attention etc etc & he looks away for one second & by then the security team is pushing her away & when he looks up again he doesn't see her any more & life continues to push them apart . . . OMG!!! that always has the power to choke me up.

I like the classic stuff too.

I would not call them irrelevant.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds