• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

2013 Rock Hall of Fame Nominations: Vote Now!

#200526 1 year, 11 months ago
The nominees for the 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominations have been announced. Some interesting choices. Finally Rush has been nominated, which is long overdue. I know at least one FFF will be happy about that. I'm glad to see Heart and Randy Newman on there. And for the first time, the fans are getting a voice, albeit a small one. You can vote for your favorites here:

www.rollingstone.com/music/news/vote-for...e-inductees-20121004

The nominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Class of 2013 are in. This year's hopefuls are Albert King, Chic, Deep Purple, Donna Summer, Heart, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Kraftwerk, the Marvelettes, the Meters, N.W.A., Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Procol Harum, Public Enemy, Randy Newman and Rush. The top vote-getters will be inducted on April 18th, 2013 at the Nokia Theater L.A. live in Los Angeles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CatDancer
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

Re: 2013 Rock Hall of Fame Nominations: Vote Now!

#200528 1 year, 11 months ago

I believe have some hearing loss because of listening to this on 11 over and over:

Meters definitely get my vote!

A timeless song from Randy:
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#200529 1 year, 11 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
The nominees for the 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominations have been announced. Some interesting choices. Finally Rush has been nominated, which is long overdue. I know at least one FFF will be happy about that. I'm glad to see Heart and Randy Newman on there. And for the first time, the fans are getting a voice, albeit a small one. You can vote for your favorites here:

www.rollingstone.com/music/news/vote-for...e-inductees-20121004

The nominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Class of 2013 are in. This year's hopefuls are Albert King, Chic, Deep Purple, Donna Summer, Heart, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Kraftwerk, the Marvelettes, the Meters, N.W.A., Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Procol Harum, Public Enemy, Randy Newman and Rush. The top vote-getters will be inducted on April 18th, 2013 at the Nokia Theater L.A. live in Los Angeles.

Have always been somewhat of a Rush fan so they get my vote. Also, cannot leave out Albert f*ing King ! He was SRV before SRV was alive !

Paul Butterfield was high energy with blues guitar player (M. Bloomfield ?). Not sure they get in but I suspect will.

1. Rush
2. Albert King
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by tdog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Chester
More or less in line

#200531 1 year, 11 months ago
Congratulations to Rush. Much deserved, and long overdue. However, what about the Moody Blues?
I know, not currently relevant. But certainly deserving of a place in the hall.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#200536 1 year, 11 months ago
Yeah, Moody Blues have to be on the top of the ignored list now that Rush is nominated. My 5 votes are going to Rush, Heart, Deep Purple, Meters and Albert King, with sincere apologies to Randy. The latter may be the best writer and musician of the bunch, but it's the "Rock" part that I stumbled with, so Deep Purple beat him out. Definitely some other good nominees in there as well.
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#200551 1 year, 11 months ago
It's too bad about the Moody Blues. I've been a fan of Rush for a long time glad to see them get the nod and Heart as well !
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#200580 1 year, 11 months ago
Sunshine Garcia Becker's husband is apparently a big Rush fan.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#200634 1 year, 11 months ago
My votes go to: Chic, Deep Purple, Donna Summer (this is not going to be voted upon, she will be getting in due to her untimely passing for sure), and Heart.
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#200636 1 year, 11 months ago
Only picking 4 on this one:
Randy Newman is my fav of the bunch
Rush
Deep Purple
Albert King
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#200637 1 year, 11 months ago
Moody Blues deserves to be snubbed. I saw them in Illinois about 20 years ago and to this day I can still remember how much of a bunch of snobby ASSHOLES they were. Maybe they just had a bad night but I was there that night.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds