• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

Re: Favorite homemade T-shirts and why so few?

#20107 3 years, 2 months ago
another favorite of mine had Jerry on a Wheaties box with the caption " win a free trip anywhere !"
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#20108 3 years, 2 months ago
I remember Grateful Fred. I had one with the band playing onstage, the crowd dancing and Capt. Kirk and McCoy are standing there in the middle of the crowd. McCoy is saying to Kirk. "They're all DEAD, Jim!" They don't make em like that anymore.

There is a shortage of creative small batch shirts for whatever reason. I wonder if an artsy aspiring head could study up on Phil Brown, Ed Donahue, Dubois and Mikio and take that psychedelic style of shirt furthur..
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#20111 3 years, 2 months ago
If I had the Money I'd print up shirts and hit the road in a heartbeat
Olompali
Junior Boarder

#20128 3 years, 2 months ago
sjfgreenman wrote:
I wonder if an artsy aspiring head could study up on Phil Brown, Ed Donahue, Dubois and Mikio and take that psychedelic style of shirt furthur..

Why? From the previous posts, it appears many prefer cartoons.

Let Tomorrow Be
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#20130 3 years, 2 months ago
I had one with just calvin smiling holding a balloon it was the first shirt i ever bought in a lot ... Albany 1993 i belive it was
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#20140 3 years, 2 months ago
Mikio i remember his stuff, had a calvin and hobbes as well "the kids they dance and shake their bones" both of them were grooving
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
aiko420
Junior Boarder

#20147 3 years, 2 months ago
It has been awhile since I have seen any shirts I had to have. The old Calvin and Hobbes shirts were great! I had one that had them walking down a path next to a lake and the words "Goin where the water tastes like rain". It was cool, but I lost it somehow. My wife and I had a box of all our old tour shirts in a box in the attic. Some were wearable and some were worn down. I took the ones that were mostly salvagable and had a quilt made out of them for our 5th year anniversary. It has both of our first lot shirts and our sons first dead shirt, the Calvin and Hobbes Not Fade Away. The lady even hand stitched the stealies and Calvin and Hobbes onto the back. It is an unbelievable quilt. I only paid $250 for the girl to do it for ma.Here are some pictures...
IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1190.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG
Sometimes you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
The following user(s) said Thank You: gratefulpanda, Terrapin Sedation
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#20149 3 years, 2 months ago
aiko420 wrote:
It has been awhile since I have seen any shirts I had to have. The old Calvin and Hobbes shirts were great! I had one that had them walking down a path next to a lake and the words "Goin where the water tastes like rain". It was cool, but I lost it somehow. My wife and I had a box of all our old tour shirts in a box in the attic. Some were wearable and some were worn down. I took the ones that were mostly salvagable and had a quilt made out of them for our 5th year anniversary. It has both of our first lot shirts and our sons first dead shirt, the Calvin and Hobbes Not Fade Away. The lady even hand stitched the stealies and Calvin and Hobbes onto the back. It is an unbelievable quilt. I only paid $250 for the girl to do it for ma.Here are some pictures...
IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1190.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG

That is so cool
cpuffe
Fresh Boarder

#20150 3 years, 2 months ago
My favorite lot shirt was one with the bears engaged in every possible sexual position. I have tried to find a replacement for years and haven't been able to.
...there were days I know when all we ever wanted was to learn and love and grow
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#20153 3 years, 2 months ago
Nice quilt! That's a great idea.

"Why? From the previous posts, it appears many prefer cartoons."

Why not? it's not a competition, plenty of room for everyone. I dig all styles. Cartoons, psychedelia, the many Jerry face shirts, all of em.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#20154 3 years, 2 months ago
Thats beautiful...
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#20190 3 years, 2 months ago
love the quilt we were going to do thesame thing i spoe with the lady about it wasnt keen on the price,but it sure looks goodbeats em sitting in a box or tucked in the back of the closet
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds