• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7014
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: Favorite homemade T-shirts and why so few?

#20081 3 years, 5 months ago
the vending in the lot is probably about 10% of what went on in a dead parking lot
back in the day there were huge families that did nothing but tour and vend in the lots
there jusy arent enough buters and the venue security is too strict these days for the wide open party that used to be


my favorite old shirt ( which I still have ) was Grateful Fred
the front had fred flintstone dressed like a hippie and said " yabba dabba doobie " the back had fred hitting a stone age bong and the caption was " a trip from bedrock to deadrock "
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by the highway terror.
gratefulpanda
Junior Boarder
Posts:59

Re: Favorite homemade T-shirts and why so few?

#20092 3 years, 5 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
the vending in the lot is probably about 10% of what went on in a dead parking lot
back in the day there were huge families that did nothing but tour and vend in the lots
there jusy arent enough buters and the venue security is too strict these days for the wide open party that used to be


my favorite old shirt ( which I still have ) was Grateful Fred
the front had fred flintstone dressed like a hippie and said " yabba dabba doobie " the back had fred hitting a stone age bong and the caption was " a trip from bedrock to deadrock "


oh yeah. i totally remember that one too!! awesome... that one was really rare.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7014
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: Favorite homemade T-shirts and why so few?

#20107 3 years, 5 months ago
another favorite of mine had Jerry on a Wheaties box with the caption " win a free trip anywhere !"
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder
Posts:733

Re: Favorite homemade T-shirts and why so few?

#20108 3 years, 5 months ago
I remember Grateful Fred. I had one with the band playing onstage, the crowd dancing and Capt. Kirk and McCoy are standing there in the middle of the crowd. McCoy is saying to Kirk. "They're all DEAD, Jim!" They don't make em like that anymore.

There is a shortage of creative small batch shirts for whatever reason. I wonder if an artsy aspiring head could study up on Phil Brown, Ed Donahue, Dubois and Mikio and take that psychedelic style of shirt furthur..
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7014
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: Favorite homemade T-shirts and why so few?

#20111 3 years, 5 months ago
If I had the Money I'd print up shirts and hit the road in a heartbeat
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Olompali
Junior Boarder
Posts:27

Re: Favorite homemade T-shirts and why so few?

#20128 3 years, 5 months ago
sjfgreenman wrote:
I wonder if an artsy aspiring head could study up on Phil Brown, Ed Donahue, Dubois and Mikio and take that psychedelic style of shirt furthur..


Why? From the previous posts, it appears many prefer cartoons.

Let Tomorrow Be
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder
Posts:246

Re: Favorite homemade T-shirts and why so few?

#20130 3 years, 5 months ago
I had one with just calvin smiling holding a balloon it was the first shirt i ever bought in a lot ... Albany 1993 i belive it was
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5732

Re: Favorite homemade T-shirts and why so few?

#20140 3 years, 5 months ago
Mikio i remember his stuff, had a calvin and hobbes as well "the kids they dance and shake their bones" both of them were grooving
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
aiko420
Junior Boarder
Posts:77

Re: Favorite homemade T-shirts and why so few?

#20147 3 years, 5 months ago
It has been awhile since I have seen any shirts I had to have. The old Calvin and Hobbes shirts were great! I had one that had them walking down a path next to a lake and the words "Goin where the water tastes like rain". It was cool, but I lost it somehow. My wife and I had a box of all our old tour shirts in a box in the attic. Some were wearable and some were worn down. I took the ones that were mostly salvagable and had a quilt made out of them for our 5th year anniversary. It has both of our first lot shirts and our sons first dead shirt, the Calvin and Hobbes Not Fade Away. The lady even hand stitched the stealies and Calvin and Hobbes onto the back. It is an unbelievable quilt. I only paid $250 for the girl to do it for ma.Here are some pictures...
IMG_1189.JPG


IMG_1188.JPG


IMG_1190.JPG


IMG_1191.JPG
Sometimes you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
The following user(s) said Thank You: gratefulpanda, Terrapin Sedation
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder
Posts:246

Re: Favorite homemade T-shirts and why so few?

#20149 3 years, 5 months ago
aiko420 wrote:
It has been awhile since I have seen any shirts I had to have. The old Calvin and Hobbes shirts were great! I had one that had them walking down a path next to a lake and the words "Goin where the water tastes like rain". It was cool, but I lost it somehow. My wife and I had a box of all our old tour shirts in a box in the attic. Some were wearable and some were worn down. I took the ones that were mostly salvagable and had a quilt made out of them for our 5th year anniversary. It has both of our first lot shirts and our sons first dead shirt, the Calvin and Hobbes Not Fade Away. The lady even hand stitched the stealies and Calvin and Hobbes onto the back. It is an unbelievable quilt. I only paid $250 for the girl to do it for ma.Here are some pictures...
IMG_1189.JPG


IMG_1188.JPG


IMG_1190.JPG


IMG_1191.JPG

That is so cool
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds