• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#197739 1 year, 11 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
When I see the word "moocher", I think Minnie the Moocher. I like Cab Calloway, and I like that song. I associate good things with that word. It makes me smile.

From now on...EVERYBODY...Minnie the Moochah!!!

I grew up on the Blues Brothers and its still one of my favorite movies. Unfortunately some special person has made offensive/highly exaggerated lyrics . I knew I had seen it before so I did a search and turns out there are at least 2 versions of the song, both pretty equal in racially heated language. One of the sites had even had photoshopped the first lady's face to make her look like the queen of egypt. Dont be in league with these morons, If you dont like someone give a reason for it, dont just throw empty hateful language at them.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#197752 1 year, 11 months ago
Mitt Romney thinks corporations are people and dogs are luggage. Anyone who would put their family member on the roof of a car during a long road trip in a crate only to have them puke piss and shit all over themselves. Then took off the roof hosed off in public at a gas station put back in a crate and back on the roof only to be driven away shows how detached mitt Romney is from being human and having half a brain to recognize a traumatized animal.

Vote for mitt Romney if you like it when people abuse animals! What good character he must be overflowing with!
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#197768 1 year, 11 months ago
I will plead guilty to being a Democrat. But I always look to understand and find something to respect about the "other guys". Exhibit A: Growing up in Jesse Helms country I was able to find a few things to respect about him, so you know I can be very charitable and forgiving. Exhibit B: Prior to his conversion to a hysterical Chicken Little fascist post 9/11, I had respect for Dick Cheney...

I started out with a fair amount of respect for Romney, but the more I learn about him and watch him in action I find very few redeeming qualities. But anyone who would be so clueless and insensitive to his own pet has mental health issues. And anyone who commits a violent hate crime (being a teenager is no excuse) is a thug. Pretending he doesn't remember doing it makes him a liar and not actually remembering it goes back to the mental health issues. Going into business with the families of the death squads who murdered priests and nuns along with thousands of innocent people, what kind of character does that show? Investing his wealth in off shore tax shelters instead of American institutions shows his lack of Patriotism. Thinking that he can slash spending on everything but the military shows his plan for a dystopian future. And thinking he can reduce the debt while radically increasing the defense budgets shows a lack of basic math skills.

Watching him in action I see a pandering flip-flopper who can't speak coherently off script. He's just another empty suit with a plastic smile and a $400 hairdo
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#197771 1 year, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
romney ryan got my vote screw ovomit and moocher michelle

Whats up with the hate, sorry to inform you Romney folks but if Mitt doesn't reset the race in the debate wed, this race is over, with the President easily winning reelection.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#197776 1 year, 11 months ago
dr bakes wrote:
Whats up with the hate
just another one of these folks:
www.flickr.com/photos/pargon/
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#197783 1 year, 11 months ago
I hear Romney supporters spending as much if more telling about what an awful job the Democrats are doing rather than selling what a good job they can do.

As a tax accountant, I can see where Romney is going. It ain't pretty...unless of course you have enough money invested where you live off the interest and dividends.

IMO if he gets elected, say goodbye to that home mortgage deduction. This way, the IRS can increase their revenues and congress does not need to raise taxes. Simply brilliant.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by scar1et_f1re. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#197792 1 year, 11 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
I hear Romney supporters spending as much if more telling about what an awful job the Democrats are doing rather than selling what a good job they can do.
I'm hoping this changes in the debates. They really don't have any choice but to find a semblance of specificity. So far, they've covered all their bases by saying nothing and a little of everything. They haven't committed to much at all.

scar1et_f1re wrote:
IMO if he gets elected, say goodbye to that home mortgage deduction. This way, the IRS can increase their revenues and congress does not need to raise taxes. Simply brilliant.
This is the second time I've heard this this week. These alternative kidney shots would be rough on a lot of people. Something does indeed need to be done, and because we do not fall outside of nature and its systems, there WILL BE causalities in any metamorphosis. There's no way around it. This is when people need to be selfless and keep their fingers crossed they aren't in the demographic to be sacrificed. Unfortunately, it is usually the same group, or the same small cluster of groups, that get hit over and over and over again in being the sacrificed. Shows how little evolved our species really is.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by ZenoMarx.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#198288 1 year, 11 months ago
Those of you who argue with this TDog are just like him, FOOLS! I could be just the same if I let him push me
too much, but I'll do whatever to refuse his pontifications.

TDog, you are seriously a Dead Head? Rhetorical question. I highly doubt it. You remind me more of young men who show up at the door in you r white shirt/black tie ensemble and try to sell me on this idea that there's a THiRd book. You must have thought those who hang out on this board are so stoned we might be receptive to your rhetoric. NOT. You have as much luck converting here as I would encourage sobriety at a Shriner's convention. TDog, go have a nice shot of Faux news to make you feel better.

Conversely, there have been a lot of people who support Obama because he's the anti-Romney. However, he's the incumbent
so that gives him a bit of an advantage. You kind of have to give the guy a pass because he got handed one of the worst handicaps in the game of presidential golf, if ya' get my drift. No doubt the guy sold us a bill of goods he's not been able to
deliver on, and frankly nobody could have, short of the almighty.

Anyway, continue to fight for this two party system. Politics is a lot like sports. It's rooting for one team or another, and as long as your team wins, hooray!
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#198371 1 year, 11 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Those of you who argue with this TDog are just like him, FOOLS! I could be just the same if I let him push me
too much, but I'll do whatever to refuse his pontifications.

TDog, you are seriously a Dead Head? Rhetorical question. I highly doubt it. You remind me more of young men who show up at the door in you r white shirt/black tie ensemble and try to sell me on this idea that there's a THiRd book. You must have thought those who hang out on this board are so stoned we might be receptive to your rhetoric. NOT. You have as much luck converting here as I would encourage sobriety at a Shriner's convention. TDog, go have a nice shot of Faux news to make you feel better.

Conversely, there have been a lot of people who support Obama because he's the anti-Romney. However, he's the incumbent
so that gives him a bit of an advantage. You kind of have to give the guy a pass because he got handed one of the worst handicaps in the game of presidential golf, if ya' get my drift. No doubt the guy sold us a bill of goods he's not been able to
deliver on, and frankly nobody could have, short of the almighty.

Anyway, continue to fight for this two party system. Politics is a lot like sports. It's rooting for one team or another, and as long as your team wins, hooray!

So, to people like you, being a Dead Head requires that one think a certain way. I reject that. I'm my own man and I think my own way. The key is that I THINK.

I've been listening to the music of the Dead for 30 years. I find it completely anti-DeadHead to call me a "fake head" just because I think differently than you and don't toe the group think line. To Hell with that !

I suggest everyone step back and think about what's going on in this country and whether or not handing over the reigns to a known liar, a self-absorbed narcissist, and most importantly, a proven failure for another 4 years is the right thing to do.

Obama is the kind of guy who tells you he's a Dead Head but doesn't have one Dead tune on his iPod. A complete fraud.
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by tdog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#198372 1 year, 11 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
B-Rad wrote:
9.jpg

Can you imagine the look on Phil's face if there was a Romney sticker on his amp? He wouldn't be playing
St. Stephen > The Eleven, but instead some John Philips Sousa marches

That is one of the dumbest posts I've ever read.

Seeing a Romney sticker up there might actually be INTERESTING ! Instead, the Obama flag over and over is predictable and .... BOOOOOOOORRRRRRING !

When Jerry was around you would never have seen a political opinion or add attached to the band.

So, if Phil is for Obama then you have to be too ? Step out of your group think rut for once in your life ! Come on now, do you have a mind of your own ?
Freedom is truth.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#198374 1 year, 11 months ago
lightchaser wrote:
I will plead guilty to being a Democrat. But I always look to understand and find something to respect about the "other guys". Exhibit A: Growing up in Jesse Helms country I was able to find a few things to respect about him, so you know I can be very charitable and forgiving. Exhibit B: Prior to his conversion to a hysterical Chicken Little fascist post 9/11, I had respect for Dick Cheney...

I started out with a fair amount of respect for Romney, but the more I learn about him and watch him in action I find very few redeeming qualities. But anyone who would be so clueless and insensitive to his own pet has mental health issues. And anyone who commits a violent hate crime (being a teenager is no excuse) is a thug. Pretending he doesn't remember doing it makes him a liar and not actually remembering it goes back to the mental health issues. Going into business with the families of the death squads who murdered priests and nuns along with thousands of innocent people, what kind of character does that show? Investing his wealth in off shore tax shelters instead of American institutions shows his lack of Patriotism. Thinking that he can slash spending on everything but the military shows his plan for a dystopian future. And thinking he can reduce the debt while radically increasing the defense budgets shows a lack of basic math skills.

Watching him in action I see a pandering flip-flopper who can't speak coherently off script. He's just another empty suit with a plastic smile and a $400 hairdo

Wow. Seriously ?

We are doomed if this is the quality of the debate about who we will elect to lead us for another 4 years. We absolutely deserve what we get in terms of our government.

Wow.
Freedom is truth.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#198398 1 year, 11 months ago
tdog, you continue to claim that Obama is a known liar and fraud yet you have yet to bring anything to the discussion to back up the claim that he is more of these things than any other politician. Furthermore, the idea that it is group think to want to see greater equality of opportunity in our society is laughable. The entire source of the music you and I love comes from the cultural movement that sought to open up possibilities by breaking down calcified barriers to human expression and existence. There is one party that has embraced that cultural movement and one that's very being is about overturning the progress that came form that movement. Whether it is same-sex couples rights, immigrant rights, women's rights or the goal of helping the poor, the GOP has placed helping billionaires over them.

Since this is a pro-Romney thread I was wondering what exactly Romney's economic plan is and how it would help the nation Tdog?
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds