• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196443 2 years, 1 month ago
I haven't heard Romney or Ryan mention reversing Row vs. Wade. Abortion may be counter to their beliefs as Christians but there is no plan to overturn the law in this respect.

One other thing on this topic though, what is sad is the number of abortions happening in the minority communities as if it were a form of birth control. It's a damn shame and the abuse must stop. I think we can all agree on that one. At least I hope so. Yes, it's always a woman's right to choose and always will be.

BTW, congress makes laws. Not the president.

If you want to see a war on women, a REAL war on women, look no further (or is it futhur?) than Iran. Now, the way they treat women (not to mention gay people) is disgusting. The phony war on women drummed up by the American, Obama-re-electing media is just that, phony !
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by tdog.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:32505
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196445 2 years, 1 month ago
tdog wrote:
If you want to see a war on women, a REAL war on women, look no further (or is it futhur?) than Iran. Now, the way they treat women (not to mention gay people) is disgusting. The phony war on women drummed up by the American, Obama-re-electing media is just that, phony !

I agree on Iran and clearly from the facts I presented before have shown that your latter premise is false. But I'll leave it at that.

If you really want to go back and forth on issues like this, and to be honest I only have a limited stomach for it, I must once again plug my favorite blogger, DaveDubya: www.davedubya.com/
B-Rad
Gold Boarder
Posts:1124

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196448 2 years, 1 month ago
tdog wrote:
I haven't heard Romney or Ryan mention reversing Row vs. Wade. Abortion may be counter to their beliefs as Christians but there is no plan to overturn the law in this respect.

One other thing on this topic though, what is sad is the number of abortions happening in the minority communities as if it were a form of birth control. It's a damn shame and the abuse must stop. I think we can all agree on that one. At least I hope so. Yes, it's always a woman's right to choose and always will be.

If you want to see a war on women, a REAL war on women, look no further (or is it futhur?) than Iran. Now, the way they treat women (not to mention gay people) is disgusting. The phony war on women drummed up by the American, Obama-re-electing media is just that, phony !


Oh you just have to love low information voters...look into man and you will see that both Ryan and Romney have plans to overturn R v Wade (or appoint Supreme Court justices to do so, not to mention Citizens United!!!) and also to limit women's access to contraception. Free Love!!!

Also where do you get your numbers on abortion rates within or outside minority communities? You are wrong. The most abortions occur in the rural white south!

Phony war on women?!! What about Lilly Ledbetter act? What about access to contraception (it is the religious right that wants the state to follow their chosen religious views like in Iran)? What about the abuse of women act? You sir don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I have no idea why people who know so little are so unafraid to voice their ignorance in public. (before you come back at me I have a PhD in Political Science and can back up all of the things I posted. Can you?).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred, Passenger76
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:1031
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196449 2 years, 1 month ago
tdog wrote:
This election, unfortunately, is going to be a vote to stop the bleeding in this economy.
I don't like to double post, but in case some folks do not read the 3rd party thread...

ZenoMarx wrote:
tdog wrote:
Dude, it's grown from 10 trillion in 2008 to 16 trillion (and growing) in the last 3.5 years ! What is that, 60% in 3.5 years ? More than in the first 220 years of the republic combined. Wow, just wow.
This is all smoke and mirrors. A few years ago, one of the main strategists for the Republican party (I'm terrible with names, but I can probably find the name if you'd like) quit his position because he was tired of all the empty rhetoric. Now, keep in mind that he didn't drop the party, just his job. He didn't quit and then go comment on MSNBC or CNN for the left. He's still a steadfast Republican.

He quit his position because if every single Republican tax cut was passed without alteration, it would equate to around two weeks of the total annual budget. His resignation came around the time before last when they were ready to shut down government because they couldn't get the budget passed. Keep in mind that the two-week equivalent scenario didn't take into account all the pork programs those same Republicans would also activate along with the tax cuts, so in reality, it would be less than two weeks of the total annual budget.

I don't know about you, but with all this big talk about tax cuts, I would assume it would be A LOT more than just two weeks of the annual budget. I would have thought it to be much more significant than just that. And that is exactly why this prominent strategist quit his position. It's just rhetoric. All these tax cuts they claim they would make are of little consequence in the overall scheme of things. They're party theory and not much in application. They're distraction devices and red herrings and not of any actual change.

"Republicans believe in cutting taxes." Not really. An empty slogan.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:32505
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196450 2 years, 1 month ago
B-Rad wrote:
Also where do you get your numbers on abortion rates within or outside minority communities? You are wrong. The most abortions occur in the rural white south!

.

B-Rad, you know I agree with your points, but actually the abortion RATE, as in abortions per capita, is higher in both the Black and Hispanic communities. However, the total NUMBER of abortions performed is much higher in the white population than in non-whites. More a function of basic population structure than anything else.

Just wanted to clarify, since we Progressives, as I know you are too, like to base our policies on actual facts.

.
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jodiah, Phred
B-Rad
Gold Boarder
Posts:1124

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196452 2 years, 1 month ago
[quote="sweetwilliamisdead" post=196308]SkiNose wrote:
Ummmm... no matter how you slice it, The Teabagger congress has done absolutely nothing but block everything Obama has tried to do.



get your facts straight jack... all you are doing is spouting right wing propaganda.



Just noting that Obama had both houses of congress for half his term and did little with it. The healthcare got passed which is an unrealistic and ill concived solution to a viable problem. His attempts to stimulate the economy was quite a laughable idea and can already be seen as a failure.

Actually he had a super majority for 30 working days.

I dont know if he will be more fiscally responsible than Obama or not, but Obama has proven in office that he has no problem piling on to the debt. The writing is on every wall in the room and he is staring at the floor, my generation and younger will be paying heavily our whole lives for decisions already made over the last 12 years and those which will come to pass. I think they are both lousy fork tongued politicians but one has had a opportunity and failed, maybe it would be better to try someone else.

Who was it that signed the biggest reduction in the size of government in US history...oh yeah Obama. Who was it that increased the debt by the largest amount in US history...oh yeah GW Bush.


If you are a truly open minded individual I would recommend you start looking into third party candidates and find someone who you can actually believe in and support them. No vote is wasted, the more third party votes that come in the more viable an option it will be held as in the future by the general public. I think it is more than apparent that the two party system is broken, this thread has plenty of evidence that points to this fact. the candidates both democratic and rebuplican are part of politcal machines fueled by corporate money. It would seem that if all options are considered inaquedate & corrupt that the system is in need of alteration and theres only one direction to go and it still be an election, so more candidates and a general greater openmindedness to divsere forms of policy and thought is needed. the polarity currently in politics is unobjective and we already flirt with peril to much to continue this petty power struggle.

When has a third party ever worked in our polical system??? Never!
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:1031
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196453 2 years, 1 month ago
B-Rad wrote:
What about access to contraception (it is the religious right that wants the state to follow their chosen religious views like in Iran)?
This is an important point. Religions are more than happy to influence policy, but they scream murder when they're influenced by policy.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: saylorsong, SunshineSue
B-Rad
Gold Boarder
Posts:1124

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196455 2 years, 1 month ago
Yes, I said and meant the absolute numbers are higher for whites than minorities. Either way abortion rates have been falling since just after Roe v. Wade and the President's contraception law will lower them even furthur.

The idea that it was an Obama supreme court that up-held the ACA is simply a fiction of the rightwing bubble. Look it up Tdog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
B-Rad
Gold Boarder
Posts:1124

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196457 2 years, 1 month ago


Here is Mitt's current stance on abortion...it might have changed since I posted this though...
Chester
Moderator
Posts:34071
More or less in line

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196460 2 years, 1 month ago
Ok, really our electoral system is non-functional. It's terrible when the voters have to choose between "the lesser of two evils".
It's really frustrating that our country isn't a country for the people, by the people, but rather for the rich, by the rich. Romney
is so rich, and has been for so long, he is completely out of touch with the common man, and has no real idea what it takes to
live in this country today. Obama may not be the best choice. But of the two, I'm going with him.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196469 2 years, 1 month ago
The president can't overturn a law !

The supreme court can but it would have to have at least 5 members willing to vote for such a thing and there is no way with lifetime appointments that there will ever be a court so far to the right that will take this issue up in our lifetimes or our kids lifetimes. There is nothing I'm more sure of than that !

Please. This issue is a distraction. Believe it.
Freedom is truth.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:1031
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196471 2 years, 1 month ago
tdog wrote:
Please. This issue is a distraction. Believe it.
The Republican party claiming tax cuts of any significance is pure distraction. Believe it. Great rhetoric, though.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds