• Topics not covered in other forums.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#203074 2 years ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
In my view, so is tossing personal jabs at each other

Having been on this bus for over 30 yrs myself.. I couldn't agree more. However, personal jabs are considered aok here if you disagree with the self annoited PTB here. Yet they will cry foul when responded to. Lots of hypocrites here. Unfortunately, just like grade school, the internet really lends itself to a popularity contest.. or whomever posts the most is correct

I thought we were friends
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#203094 2 years ago
ecojaded wrote:
SwashBuckling Drunk wrote:
ecojaded wrote:
SwashBuckling Drunk wrote:
Wow, 28 pages of jabbing at each other? Jerry must be spinning in his grave. Is this what we do now? I've seen this crap on other sites, but never thought I'd find it here. First I learn about tarpers and now this. At least we're still pretty kind to each other in "real" life. If it was the SwashBuckling Drunk Heads site, I'd lock this sucker down. But its not, so have at it.

Peace

Are you channeling Jerry maaaaaannnnnn? Does he love this band ?!?

Plenty of other stuff to enjoy reading. Just gotta poke around. Just a Few political engaged heads hashing out their idea of "if I were king for a day" reads more intense then it really is. Also censorship is bad mmmkay

Yep, censorship is bad. In my view, so is tossing personal jabs at each other. I've read through several of your posts and see that you often roll that way. Yes, you are free to have at it. It just doesn't fit in with the real world community with which I've been actively engaged for over 30 years. I just can't imagine any head ever saying "mmmmkay" to another. Of course, I thought the same thing as I watched the Deer Creek gate crashers pile in. It's just not who we are, or what we do.

The tone of much of this thread just rubs me the wrong way. Big deal. Carry on if you must. I'm movin' on.

Peace

I would be suprized to read the posts that I often roll that way, maybe to a small extent in poli-SCI threads, but I always try to maintain some objectivity to what I say. I was making a loose south park reference with the "mmmmkay". generational humor gap, nothing intended.

Sorry for what you saw at Deer Creek, I was a child then, which may be why I don't know how to "act" like a deadhead. Capt Tony hasn't been helping

i'm sure you've seen this but it's worth another spin

Freedom is truth.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#203512 2 years ago
...they are mouthpiece machines for the corporatocracy....nothing more.
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Bilbo.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#203515 2 years ago
God I fucking hate politics especially during an election year.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#203555 2 years ago
Bilbo wrote:
Dude, is this some kinda joke? Don't you know that the Romney "camp" stands for TOTAL privatization of everything?

That's right, their main objective is to profitize all aspects of life and death in America. You want that? You are f'n nuts

dude!

Obama aint no saint, but at least he wants some iodum of sanity in across the lands....sheesh! Go to SoCal and look up at

the untouchables in their gated, sterile compounds....THAT is Romneyland. You want that to be the rule and not the

exception? get a grip dude. Obama stories....Romney/Ryan straight up lie to the American populace without even feeling

the slightest guilt...in other words...they are mouthpiece machines for the corporatocracy....nothing more.

No offense but your take makes no sense.

I won't voluntarily go to SoCal A place that was long ago (and continues to be) ruined by leftist authoritarian government. Cali is the poster child for Obma-esque centralized government control. Sad dude ! You want more of Obama then you're going to get more of Cali !

The richest counties in the U.S. are in and around the Washington D.C. area. Why are the politicians getting richer when the rest of us are getting poorer in "the worst recession since the Great Depression" ? They are public "servants". Hypocrites, everyone of them ! Vote them out !

www.washingtonpost.com/local/seven-of-na...e9c66e190_story.html
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by tdog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#203679 2 years ago
tdog wrote:
Bilbo wrote:
Dude, is this some kinda joke? Don't you know that the Romney "camp" stands for TOTAL privatization of everything?

That's right, their main objective is to profitize all aspects of life and death in America. You want that? You are f'n nuts

dude!

Obama aint no saint, but at least he wants some iodum of sanity in across the lands....sheesh! Go to SoCal and look up at

the untouchables in their gated, sterile compounds....THAT is Romneyland. You want that to be the rule and not the

exception? get a grip dude. Obama stories....Romney/Ryan straight up lie to the American populace without even feeling

the slightest guilt...in other words...they are mouthpiece machines for the corporatocracy....nothing more.

No offense but your take makes no sense.

I won't voluntarily go to SoCal A place that was long ago (and continues to be) ruined by leftist authoritarian government. Cali is the poster child for Obma-esque centralized government control. Sad dude ! You want more of Obama then you're going to get more of Cali !

The richest counties in the U.S. are in and around the Washington D.C. area. Why are the politicians getting richer when the rest of us are getting poorer in "the worst recession since the Great Depression" ? They are public "servants". Hypocrites, everyone of them ! Vote them out !

www.washingtonpost.com/local/seven-of-na...e9c66e190_story.html

They are called special interest groups.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#203738 2 years ago
My apologies tdog. You are not f'n nuts. It was my over-reaction. Truth be told, we are all swayed by the pundits and

their talking points. Some of the talking points speak to our being. They speak to our family's voting history or our working

environment's leaning or our family needs or our reactionism to losing a job....or whatever...we vote from our heads typically.

I for one will not be swayed by the lies. Simply put, Obama is not doing the things that they say he is doing. he is pro-

gay marraige...pro military ( WTF) , pro middle-class ie unions etc... anyway, the Romney/Ryan ticket is pro corporation to

the bone...and they will tell the American public lies to further the corporate agenda to no end which is PROFIT above all

else. So, if you want to be outsourced, vote Romney/Ryan.

Sorry i over-reacted brother. We're all a part of the Wheel, and you know what they say about that...
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#203742 2 years ago
When I think about it, I can put it in terms relating to this forum.

Most of us, I think fair to say, enjoy a musical legacy very much that was the result of, and a byproduct of certain freedoms. Whether some of these are right or wrong is not for me to decide. However, many of these freedoms that I have enjoyed, whether or not they were within the realms of legal behavior have been enjoyed with only myself as the victim relative to my actions. Whatever my having been victim has been offset by a change in personal philosophy, most beneficial. In other words I went to the party, heard great music and just dug the scene to the maximum resulting in a new, improved outlook.

Mit Romney does not dig the scene. It goes against his morals and teachings. He's going to have heavy folks in his church to answer to, and they don't dig our scene either. Not that Mit would zero in on our scene, but he doesn't condone it, and will not make special provisions to enable our scene to thrive. I'm not knocking Mormon's as a whole, but Mit has been one his whole life, and a missionary to boot. His church means a lot to him, no doubt about it.

In essence, Mit is a downer. I won't have someone encroach on the freedoms we enjoy, and should. Which reminds me for some reason talking to security guards over the years at Dead shows. You'd generally get they saw us as the best behaved bunch, albeit the most colorful and enjoying our freedoms.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo, Phred
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#203799 2 years ago
Bilbo wrote:
My apologies tdog. You are not f'n nuts. It was my over-reaction. Truth be told, we are all swayed by the pundits and

their talking points. Some of the talking points speak to our being. They speak to our family's voting history or our working

environment's leaning or our family needs or our reactionism to losing a job....or whatever...we vote from our heads typically.

I for one will not be swayed by the lies. Simply put, Obama is not doing the things that they say he is doing. he is pro-

gay marraige...pro military ( WTF) , pro middle-class ie unions etc... anyway, the Romney/Ryan ticket is pro corporation to

the bone...and they will tell the American public lies to further the corporate agenda to no end which is PROFIT above all

else. So, if you want to be outsourced, vote Romney/Ryan.

Sorry i over-reacted brother. We're all a part of the Wheel, and you know what they say about that...

No worries. I've been called a lot worse. Appreciate your honesty and viewpoint. I agree with some of it and disagree with some of it. Hey, it's what makes life interesting.

For me the election boils down to a simple question and that is which direction does each candidate want to take the country. I see Obama as a pro-government, top down control freak who wants to force equality in all aspects of life through government regulation and force. In other words, everyone's the same. Fucking boring. Romney aint perfect, nobody is, but he's much closer to the pro-individual liberty ideal than Obama is. I suppose my views on government are more in the libertarian vein but then I think a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama and I just cannot do that.

I want government out of my life as much as possible. They have a limited job to do but it's become too big IMO under this administration (and the last for that matter) and they're into shit that was never meant to be according to the Constitution (healthcare, education, energy). Much of this was meant to be left to the states and not controlled by a centralized leviathan.

I'm a little worried about where we go with another 4 years of Obama driving the bus. He's proven to be somewhat of a poseur and a fraud, again IMHO. I really couldn't tell you what he stands for with any certainty except for more control over us. Romney worries me a lot less. Hell, I don't have to hang with the dude or believe what he does as long as he doesn't drive into the ditch and leaves me the fuck alone

Peace.
Freedom is truth.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#203809 2 years ago
tdog wrote:

I want government out of my life as much as possible. They have a limited job to do but it's become too big IMO under this administration (and the last for that matter) and they're into shit that was never meant to be according to the Constitution (healthcare, education, energy). Much of this was meant to be left to the states and not controlled by a centralized leviathan.

Peace.

If you want government out of your life, if you truly believe in the every-man-for-himself Republican philosophy, then why do you support a candidate who wants to control, at either the Federal or State level, an individual's personal decisions regarding health care and family life? That's a total contradiction as far as I can tell. You still haven't said how you can justify telling the women in your life that they're not capable of making their own health care decisions, including when and if to have children. Or why it's OK to discriminate against anyone in the LGBT community. Why do you agree with those positions? Again, I'm sorry if it offends some to say this, but a vote for Romney is the same as looking every woman in your life in the eye and saying "I don't care about you, your rights or your health. I'd rather see you die than be allowed to terminate a pregnancy." There's simply no way to justify the policy position of the Republican party when it comes to these incredibly important issues. You can bad mouth Obama all you want, he at least believes in the freedoms that conservatives only give hypocritical lip service to. Do you not care about personal liberty and freedom of choice at all? Or do you just want to make sure that not a single penny of your earnings go to help society at large, no matter what the consequences are? Seriously tdog, I really want to know how you feel about this.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#203826 2 years ago
SunshineSue wrote:
tdog wrote:

Peace.

If you want government out of your life, if you truly believe in the every-man-for-himself Republican philosophy, then why do you support a candidate who wants to control, at either the Federal or State level, an individual's personal decisions regarding health care and family life? That's a total contradiction as far as I can tell. You still haven't said how you can justify telling the women in your life that they're not capable of making their own health care decisions, including when and if to have children. Or why it's OK to discriminate against anyone in the LGBT community. Why do you agree with those positions? Again, I'm sorry if it offends some to say this, but a vote for Romney is the same as looking every woman in your life in the eye and saying "I don't care about you, your rights or your health. I'd rather see you die than be allowed to terminate a pregnancy." There's simply no way to justify the policy position of the Republican party when it comes to these incredibly important issues. You can bad mouth Obama all you want, he at least believes in the freedoms that conservatives only give hypocritical lip service to. Do you not care about personal liberty and freedom of choice at all? Or do you just want to make sure that not a single penny of your earnings go to help society at large, no matter what the consequences are? Seriously tdog, I really want to know how you feel about this.

With all due respect, I think you're confusing the conservative platform agenda with conservative candidates personal beliefs. Please tell me where in the republican platform it talks about overturning Roe vs Wade ? Romney's running for president, not king. The president has a job description and it doesn't include making laws that align with his personal beliefs. Or, making laws of any sort for that matter.

On the other hand, where in the Constitution does it say that all taxpayers, regardless of personal beliefs, are required to fund abortion clinics ? I'm not saying I'm against funding them but maybe it ought to be left to the states and not the federal government. Where in the Constitution does it say that the federal government has the right to mandate through law that religious organizations fund things that go against their beliefs ? The 1st amendment explicitly says that the government does not have the right to mandate religion, whatever that may be.

Doesn't mean that I agree with everything that everyone wants to do but that's the point. It's called freedom. It's a slippery slope when you start allowing government to control our lives whether or not you agree with what the current laws mandate. Someone once said that a government powerful enough to give you everything you want is also powerful enough to take it all away.

What really pisses me off about modern day politics is the propaganda blown out by the corrupt news media in America. People are so misinformed about the issues and that's a tragedy. Regardless of what you hear from the Obama propaganda machine America is not going back to the 1950's in terms of civil rights. If you want that then go to some middle eastern countries where they believe in Sharia law.

Don't worry Sue, conservatives love women
Freedom is truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#203838 2 years ago
tdog wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
tdog wrote:

Peace.

With all due respect, I think you're confusing the conservative platform agenda with conservative candidates personal beliefs. Please tell me where in the republican platform it talks about overturning Roe vs Wade ? Romney's running for president, not king. The president has a job description and it doesn't include making laws that align with his personal beliefs. Or, making laws of any sort for that matter.

On the other hand, where in the Constitution does it say that all taxpayers, regardless of personal beliefs, are required to fund abortion clinics ? I'm not saying I'm against funding them but maybe it ought to be left to the states and not the federal government. Where in the Constitution does it say that the federal government has the right to mandate through law that religious organizations fund things that go against their beliefs ? The 1st amendment explicitly says that the government does not have the right to mandate religion, whatever that may be.

Doesn't mean that I agree with everything that everyone wants to do but that's the point. It's called freedom. It's a slippery slope when you start allowing government to control our lives whether or not you agree with what the current laws mandate. Someone once said that a government powerful enough to give you everything you want is also powerful enough to take it all away.

What really pisses me off about modern day politics is the propaganda blown out by the corrupt news media in America. People are so misinformed about the issues and that's a tragedy. Regardless of what you hear from the Obama propaganda machine America is not going back to the 1950's in terms of civil rights. If you want that then go to some middle eastern countries where they believe in Sharia law.

Don't worry Sue, conservatives love women

tdog, you're arguing against yourself, plus you haven't addressed how you can justify your support of these positions. My point is I want government out of my health care decisions, there's no more invasive way to have government control peoples' lives, yet you're for it. And government money hasn't gone to fund abortions for 2 decades, so that argument is nonsense. Here's verbatim the Republican platform, and below that in Romney's own words are his feelings on Roe v. Wade and choice. More importantly, to say "conservatives love women" is really patronizing not to mention untrue. Find me one policy position conservatives have that support women, you won't be able to, not in terms of pay equality, reproductive rights or maintenance of the social safety net. Perhaps you agree with Paul Ryan that rape is "just another method of conception"? Or do you think the Personhood amendments that you support are helpful because they criminalize women who have an abortion and the physicians who perform them? Is your idea of a free America one where women and doctors are imprisoned for what is now a legal procedure? If these are your values, then that's certainly your right. But then you'd better stand up for them and explain how they're either Constitutional or moral, because I don't believe they're either.

Republican Party stand on abortion, 8/21/2012: "The Sanctity and Dignity of Human Life

Faithful to the “self-evident” truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children. We oppose using public revenues to promote or perform abortion or fund organizations which perform or advocate it and will not fund or subsidize health care which includes abortion coverage. We support the appointment of judges who respect traditional family values and the sanctity of innocent human life. We oppose the non-consensual withholding or withdrawal of care or treatment, including food and water, from people with disabilities, including newborns, as well as the elderly and infirm, just as we oppose active and passive euthanasia and assisted suicide.

Republican leadership has led the effort to prohibit the barbaric practice of partial-birth abortion and permitted States to extend health care coverage to children before birth. We urge Congress to strengthen the Born Alive Infant Protection Act by enacting appropriate civil and criminal penalties on healthcare providers who fail to provide treatment and care to an infant who survives an abortion, including early induction delivery where the death of the infant is intended. We call for legislation to ban sex-selective abortions – gender discrimination in its most lethal form – and to protect from abortion unborn children who are capable of feeling pain; and we applaud U.S. House Republicans for leading the effort to protect the lives of pain-capable unborn children in the District of Columbia. We call for a ban on the use of body parts from aborted fetuses for research. We support and applaud adult stem cell research to develop lifesaving therapies, and we oppose the killing of embryos for their stem cells. We oppose federal funding of embryonic stem cell research.

We also salute the many States that have passed laws for informed consent, mandatory waiting periods prior to an abortion, and health-protective clinic regulation. We seek to protect young girls from exploitation through a parental consent requirement; and we affirm our moral obligation to assist, rather than penalize, women challenged by an unplanned pregnancy. We salute those who provide them with counseling and adoption alternatives and empower them to choose life, and we take comfort in the tremendous increase in adoptions that has followed Republican legislative initiatives."

Republican stand on marriage equality:
"Preserving and Protecting Traditional Marriage

The institution of marriage is the foundation of civil society. Its success as an institution will determine our success as a nation. It has been proven by both experience and endless social science studies that traditional marriage is best for children. Children raised in intact married families are more likely to attend college, are physically and emotionally healthier, are less likely to use drugs or alcohol, engage in crime, or get pregnant outside of marriage. The success of marriage directly impacts the economic well-being of individuals. Furthermore, the future of marriage affects freedom. The lack of family formation not only leads to more government costs, but also to more government control over the lives of its citizens in all aspects. We recognize and honor the courageous efforts of those who bear the many burdens of parenting alone, even as we believe that marriage, the union of one man and one woman must be upheld as the national standard, a goal to stand for, encourage, and promote through laws governing marriage. We embrace the principle that all Americans should be treated with respect and dignity."

Last Edit: 2 years ago by SunshineSue.
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds