• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200290 2 years ago
He's no Messiah as the Conservatives claim, but he also ain't no Mittens.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#200291 2 years ago
Politics and Religion. There is no such thing as a good debate.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#200296 2 years ago
Phred wrote:
tdog wrote:
kevin wrote:
from someone who has watched this thread devolve into a fight of facts, forget about parties and past presidents, understand this
The parties each have their OWN best interests at heart, Romney and Obama will do what's in their best interests.
THE PAST IS NEVER COMING BACK, all these quotes about previous administrations and even Obama's first term dont mean diddly, the next 4 years are what's important, Use YOUR vote to choose which candidate can do more for YOU and what YOU value in the next 4 years. There is a reason all people get 1 vote and majority wins. Democracy aint perfect, but it's the best we got.

Me personally, if Romney/Ryan are for "trickle down" economics and dumping Medicare/SS, then Im voting against that agenda. Obama is around a 5 as far as effective, he hasn't really impressed me much, BUT his health reform affects me directly and he hasn't campaigned to take away my retirement as I've known it for the past 30 years.
ONE VOTE

What is Obama's policy to stem the tide of unemployment ? He talks about growing the "middle class" but how does he do that without getting more people back to work ? More stimulus spending ? That's been his policy to date, government spending to spur demand. The problem is, it hasn't worked ! Higher taxes on higher earners ? How does that get people back to work ?

My view is it's time to try a different approach.

We tried it: 2000 - 2008. Verdict: it didn't work. You have to understand that we are in some fairly uncharted territory. The economy has not been this bad since the Great Depression (thus the name "Great Recession"). There are fundamental flaws with the economy...see my previous posts. Going back to the same policies that created the problem does not seem like a sensible thing to do. I'm willing to give Obama at least as much time to fix it as we gave the other guy to break it. Quite frankly, I'm no fan of Obama...he's too far right for me. But Romney/Ryan are threatening to take us back to the Dark Ages. My opinion, you don't have to like it nor try to change it...you'll be about as successful as I am in changing yours.

Cheers, and be sure vote, or you don't get to bitch...

Tried what from 2000-2008 ? Be specific please. To say Romney = Bush is cheap and weak. Bush is much more like Obama in terms of his economic policy.

And, of course I'm voting to preserve my right to bitch !
Freedom is truth.
Phred
Senior Boarder

#200297 2 years ago
Bakes wrote:
Politics and Religion. There is no such thing as a good debate.

Religion! Awesome idea! Lets go there....I'll start:

1. More people have died in the name of religion than have been saved, and this goes for the present to the beginning of
time. (for you Creationists...that's somewhere between 5700 to 10,000 years ago. For others, >8 billion years ago).

2. All of the world's religions CAN'T be right. That means over 50% of the population ends up in hell or some version of it.
(that's where I'm headed, but historically speaking, I'll have good company!)
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#200298 2 years ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
tdog wrote:
Ah, the wonderful world of denial. Rainbows and Unicorns.
Why do you keep saying things like this? Do you really believe it serves you, or your beliefs, well? Dismissive. Insulting. Condescending. Ugly. And ultimately destructive to yourself, your ideas, and the overall discussion.

The majority of people who support Obama and who have posted in this thread have also included reservations, and nobody...NOBODY...has painted him the messiah or the answer to all things. They aren't denying anything...except denying to agree with you, which is something you have a very difficult time handling. Not only are you unable to argue in any kind of reasonable and coherent way, but you are also unable to read the ideas and beliefs of others without applying your own filter to them. You don't read what people say. You don't show them that kind of respect. Maybe you aren't able to do that for reasons we don't know or cannot understand (trauma, illness, mental illness, medications, etc). Maybe it is as simple as being a poor listener; someone who is thinking of rebuttal before they've heard what the other person is saying. Make no mistake about it. Listening is a difficult, priceless skill that many lack. It's truly worrisome that you cannot read or hear what people are saying -and that applies to both Progressives and Conservatives, because you twist Conservative ideas just as much- without an interpretation that leaves you a good distance from what they're actually saying. Add it to the list of things that make it impossible to discuss meaningful topics with you.

Dude, you write eloquently.

I just cannot get past your avatar though. I cannot take you seriously man ! What is that ? A Muslim woman in a hijab ?

Freedom is truth.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#200302 2 years ago
what he wrote is a nice saying of saying we are idiots who lack listening and comprehension skills and him and his cohorts are superior to us in all ways ,yeah not to condescending
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#200304 2 years ago
hope everyone watches the debates tonight and they give BOTH candidates some tough questions that call for real answers not rhetoric or partisan BS
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#200305 2 years ago
just to make the debates fun
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, tdog
Phred
Senior Boarder

#200306 2 years ago
tdog wrote:
Phred wrote:
tdog wrote:
kevin wrote:
from someone who has watched this thread devolve into a fight of facts, forget about parties and past presidents, understand this
The parties each have their OWN best interests at heart, Romney and Obama will do what's in their best interests.
THE PAST IS NEVER COMING BACK, all these quotes about previous administrations and even Obama's first term dont mean diddly, the next 4 years are what's important, Use YOUR vote to choose which candidate can do more for YOU and what YOU value in the next 4 years. There is a reason all people get 1 vote and majority wins. Democracy aint perfect, but it's the best we got.

Me personally, if Romney/Ryan are for "trickle down" economics and dumping Medicare/SS, then Im voting against that agenda. Obama is around a 5 as far as effective, he hasn't really impressed me much, BUT his health reform affects me directly and he hasn't campaigned to take away my retirement as I've known it for the past 30 years.
ONE VOTE

What is Obama's policy to stem the tide of unemployment ? He talks about growing the "middle class" but how does he do that without getting more people back to work ? More stimulus spending ? That's been his policy to date, government spending to spur demand. The problem is, it hasn't worked ! Higher taxes on higher earners ? How does that get people back to work ?

We tried it: 2000 - 2008. Verdict: it didn't work. You have to understand that we are in some fairly uncharted territory. The economy has not been this bad since the Great Depression (thus the name "Great Recession"). There are fundamental flaws with the economy...see my previous posts. Going back to the same policies that created the problem does not seem like a sensible thing to do. I'm willing to give Obama at least as much time to fix it as we gave the other guy to break it. Quite frankly, I'm no fan of Obama...he's too far right for me. But Romney/Ryan are threatening to take us back to the Dark Ages. My opinion, you don't have to like it nor try to change it...you'll be about as successful as I am in changing yours.

Tried what from 2000-2008 ? Be specific please. To say Romney = Bush is cheap and weak. Bush is much more like Obama in terms of his economic policy.

Trickle down economics....tax cuts to promote job growth, AKA "Supply-side Economics". Others would argue we've been visiting this topic since Reagan's years in office. Even Bush I called it "voodoo economics". This is a main tenet of the Romney/Ryan plan...20% across the board tax cuts. Is that specific enough? No need to mention Romney = Bush, the idea is much older than either of them...it goes all the way back to before economist, Arthur Laffer and the "Laffer curve".
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#200310 2 years ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
what he wrote is a nice saying of saying we are idiots who lack listening and comprehension skills and him and his cohorts are superior to us in all ways ,yeah not to condescending

Yea, I know. Typical pseudo-intellectual, self-righteous elitism.
Freedom is truth.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#200314 2 years ago
Phred wrote:
tdog wrote:
Phred wrote:
tdog wrote:
kevin wrote:

ONE VOTE

Trickle down economics....tax cuts to promote job growth, AKA "Supply-side Economics". Others would argue we've been visiting this topic since Reagan's years in office. Even Bush I called it "voodoo economics". This is a main tenet of the Romney/Ryan plan...20% across the board tax cuts. Is that specific enough? No need to mention Romney = Bush, the idea is much older than either of them...it goes all the way back to before economist, Arthur Laffer and the "Laffer curve".

And what happened between 2000-2006 ? After a hideous recession and terrorist attack in 2001 ? Hey, we had ECONOMIC GROWTH. What happened in 2006 ? We elected a democratic majority in the Congress led by none other than your friend and mine Nancy-I'm-An-A1-Moron-Pelosi and thus started the downward spiral into the toilet we find ourselves still in 6 years later. Maybe it's a coincidence that we stared circling the drain around 2006 but then maybe not.

Again, no fan of Bush here but let's try to be somewhat honest about how we got here ! Please ?????

Also, who's stupid ass idea was it to implement a government policy that mandated home loans to fucking homeless people ? Was it BILL-FUCKING-CLINTON ?

I'm so tired of this argument that it's all Bush's fault. TURN THE FUCKING PAGE !

Booooorrrrrrrrrring !
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by tdog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#200315 2 years ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
just to make the debates fun

Now you're talking! I'm grabbing the tequila and will be ready to go when the debate starts!

Last Edit: 2 years ago by SunshineSue.
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds