• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196259 1 year, 11 months ago
Ummmm... no matter how you slice it, The Teabagger congress has done absolutely nothing but block everything Obama has tried to do.

get your facts straight jack... all you are doing is spouting right wing propaganda.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, B-Rad, DrippingColors, Phred, avettsister, mplsdeadhead92
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#196262 1 year, 11 months ago
SkiNose, now THAT is propaganda ! What has Obama tried to do that has been blocked ? He won't even meet with Congress. Not to mention sounding like a little whining kid -- "they keep blocking me, wah". Hey, Obama, nut up and be a leader !!!!!!

Let's have a discussion. Defend your guy. Positive vibrations. Not bashing me ! What does that prove ? Nothing. Makes you look like you don't have any facts, just accusations. Hey, sorta like Obama
Freedom is truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NewHampshireJed
devtmm
Junior Boarder

#196268 1 year, 11 months ago
First of all I do not spout anything....the only propaganda being spouted is through the Media on a daily basis.

Second of all Obama had Congress sewn up tight and didn't address anything.

Personally I don't think Romney is the strong inspirational leader that our country needs at this time however he is what is needed to change the direction of the country from the current neo european government dependency model that is evolving.

History will judge Obama and it won't be kind.

And please...you don't have to resort to insults just because people have a different political point of view
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#196276 1 year, 11 months ago
no matter which candidate you choose in this political paradigm...
you'll still get the same gov't....

go 3rd party...

if you don't want more war....
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Walstib1957
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#196278 1 year, 11 months ago
I actually think it is very cool that 'heads' can argue politics every once in a while. I myself would characterize me as a "Republicrat". I am a fiscal conservative and social liberal to a point. Perhaps we could list the top 10 Dicks in both parties.

Dick Morris. Bloated blowhard
Lawrence Donnell Vicious
Rachel Maddow. Feminazi
Steve 'Douchey"
Mitch McConnell Turtle face
Karl Rove sly ass
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by newyawker.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#196282 1 year, 11 months ago
If you are hoping that either one will shape this countries fiscal policy YOUR WRONG; We are is some much debt (War is expensive/freedom isn't free) that the IMF board will do more to influence our economy more then any one man at a prop desk.

If you are hoping that either one of these candidates will pass laws to make this country a better place YOUR WRONG; Congress runs the hill.....and sub-committees chambers is where the biz/ I mean work gets done.

If you are hoping that by voting for one or the other that it will have some great impact on your life; YOUR WRONG you can do more to influence your own life then politicians. Not saying that what they do does not affect us, but some people act like "if they pass this law, my life is over. THEY ARE ALSO WRONG

If you feel that by voting for one person every 4 years will change the entire course of our nation; they win and you go back to being complacent.

THE DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA WORKED-accept it !

3.5 cents, I will take my response on air
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saylorsong
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#196285 1 year, 11 months ago
I disagree. The president still holds the power to veto anything Congress comes up.

The Constitution spells out 3 co-equal branches of federal government: The Executive (president), Legislative (congress), and the Judicial (supreme court). I think it matters who holds the veto pen.

That brings up another point though, If Obama gets re-elected he will possibly have a chance to name another Supreme Court judge. Given his history (appointing Kagan, Sotomayor (sp) -- both activist judges/leftists). Given the court ruling (no, it's not constitutional to force citizens to pay for healthcare or pay a penalty or go to jail) on the unconstitutional law, aptly named Obamacare, this should scare any freedom-loving American on its own !

It's not a tax, it's a tax. OMG, the tyranny of it !
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by tdog.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#196294 1 year, 11 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
If you are hoping that either one will shape this countries fiscal policy YOUR WRONG; We are is some much debt (War is expensive/freedom isn't free) that the IMF board will do more to influence our economy more then any one man at a prop desk.

If you are hoping that either one of these candidates will pass laws to make this country a better place YOUR WRONG; Congress runs the hill.....and sub-committees chambers is where the biz/ I mean work gets done.

If you are hoping that by voting for one or the other that it will have some great impact on your life; YOUR WRONG you can do more to influence your own life then politicians. Not saying that what they do does not affect us, but some people act like "if they pass this law, my life is over. THEY ARE ALSO WRONG

If you feel that by voting for one person every 4 years will change the entire course of our nation; they win and you go back to being complacent.

THE DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA WORKED-accept it !

3.5 cents, I will take my response on air

Alot of truth in this post. Its in the position of commander-in-chief that the president DOES affect lives. Ask the families of all the poor kids ( US soldiers) who lost their lives fighting in Iraq..for what? Economically we spent 2 Billion a week on this unjusitified war. Furthur all that money was borrowed... so the interest is piling up on all future presidents just like a maxed out credit card. If we spent all that money in the US we could have employed alot of people fixing our infrastructure, building new schools and bridges..and paying down debt. Lastly I find it funny that all the super right wing republicans who told us in 2008 that Obama couldn't handle the commander in chief position....seem to fail to mention it was Obama who made the call to go in and kill Bin Laden successfully with no loss of us lives and that took balls... alot of stuff could have gone wrong and republicans would be GLORIFYING that failure if it did fail. .... Bush had years..and failed. Finally the only argument Romney and his supporters make is that Obamas' administration is a failure.. I don't see it that way I'd give him a C plus. As far as the Supreme Court if you want abortion made illiegal vote Romney. A giant step backwards. I've said my peace and now I'll get out...
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#196296 1 year, 11 months ago
One could also argue that since Clinton failed to kill Bin Laden when he had multiple chances that we got 9/11 and 3k innocent people killed and the twin towers knocked down. Clinton was too busy enjoying the "perks" of being president I guess Sounds sorta like the guy in there now actually. The celebrity president !

Whatever. Obama's foreign policy as his other policies are a disaster. It's time to give someone else a try IMHO.

Romney il-legalizing abortion ? Really ? When ? That would take an impossible act of Congress and the courts to overrule the law of the land. Aint going to happen. Simply more propaganda.
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by tdog.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#196303 1 year, 11 months ago
I need no lesson in Civics, that veto pen is dusty>> Obama has only Veto 2 Bills in 4 yrs. (historically unheard of)

when is the last time that a President has nominated a Justice that was not sharing in their ideology?

Congress passed "KENNEDY CARE", so if you want to send a thank you card............every president in recent history has tried to solve the health-care entitlement issue including Bush, who had it set as his top priority until we went to war.

T-Dog I really appreciate your willingness to have a discussion, and please know my strong words are not directed at you, I just have this Jaded attitude toward the "taking points". So I apologize if it come across as a joust to you.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#196307 1 year, 11 months ago
tdog wrote:
One could also argue that since Clinton failed to kill Bin Laden when he had multiple chances that we got 9/11 and 3k innocent people killed and the twin towers knocked down. Clinton was too busy enjoying the "perks" of being president I guess Sounds sorta like the guy in there now actually. The celebrity president !

Whatever. Obama's foreign policy as his other policies are a disaster. It's time to give someone else a try IMHO.

Romney il-legalizing abortion ? Really ? When ? That would take an impossible act of Congress and the courts to overrule the law of the land. Aint going to happen. Simply more propaganda.

ok you dragged me back...who was in office on 9/11? Who got reports sent to them on vacation in august 2001 of an impending terrorist attack... and did nothing. Thats right Bush. As far as foreign policy I have a step son who just went into the service and I don't want him put in harms way for a bogus war. Last I checked Obama has got us into no wars..even with all the upheaval in the middle east. As far as abortion you are pretty clueless. Let me be of help. The president does appoint Supreme Court judges. The next president is probably going to get to nominate at least 2 judges in the next 4 years. If the balance of power in the court shifts to more conservative appointments (its currently generally 5-4 in favor of conservatives) you can bet your ass that there will be a challenge made to Roe vs Wade. If the Supreme Court overturns it congress doesn't have to do shit. If the Republicans had a stronger candidate there is a good chance I would have voted for him/her. Even amongst Republican politicians there are many who are leary of Romney---their support is luke warm.
Finally barring some earht shattering event-- this election is allready over. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for ya thanks for playing. Oh & if you don't believe me tdog I'll gladly make a wager with you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: B-Rad
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

#196308 1 year, 11 months ago
SkiNose wrote:
Ummmm... no matter how you slice it, The Teabagger congress has done absolutely nothing but block everything Obama has tried to do.

get your facts straight jack... all you are doing is spouting right wing propaganda.

Just noting that Obama had both houses of congress for half his term and did little with it. The healthcare got passed which is an unrealistic and ill concived solution to a viable problem. His attempts to stimulate the economy was quite a laughable idea and can already be seen as a failure. Yes the economy was already in big trouble when he took office but his policies have had no real success. Outside of that many of his promises have been falsities. His first day in office he promised to close guantanamo bay, that has failed to take place. He resigned the patriot act which violates constitutional rights. He sent more troops overseas, to fight unjust conflicts which are further bankrupting use. yes we were already there fighting but he chose to surge in afghanistan, and the acts to remove all combat troops from Iraq was signed by Bush it just took effect during Obama's term. He has had a tough time to be the president but his performance has been less than adequate, that opinion ive heard from many both conservative and liberal.

That being said im not exactly shitting sunshine about romney. His record in Ma was more moderate than anything else and he definetly is willing to spew some bs to get a vote, but so is Obama as time has shown. the element of social conservativism in the republican party which is often based on biase and ill informed logic is unfortunate, but those are minor issues compared to fiscal matters and policy which right now greatly impact the future of our nation. I dont know if he will be more fiscally responsible than Obama or not, but Obama has proven in office that he has no problem piling on to the debt. The writing is on every wall in the room and he is staring at the floor, my generation and younger will be paying heavily our whole lives for decisions already made over the last 12 years and those which will come to pass. I think they are both lousy fork tongued politicians but one has had a opportunity and failed, maybe it would be better to try someone else.

If you are a truly open minded individual I would recommend you start looking into third party candidates and find someone who you can actually believe in and support them. No vote is wasted, the more third party votes that come in the more viable an option it will be held as in the future by the general public. I think it is more than apparent that the two party system is broken, this thread has plenty of evidence that points to this fact. the candidates both democratic and rebuplican are part of politcal machines fueled by corporate money. It would seem that if all options are considered inaquedate & corrupt that the system is in need of alteration and theres only one direction to go and it still be an election, so more candidates and a general greater openmindedness to divsere forms of policy and thought is needed. the polarity currently in politics is unobjective and we already flirt with peril to much to continue this petty power struggle.

Anyways, thats my piece, im only 21 so what do I know ? I barely wear big boy shoes. I would just say everyone should keep an open mind and educate yourself through other means than the mainstream media.
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds