• Topics not covered in other forums.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#197709 2 years, 1 month ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
B-Rad wrote:
9.jpg

Can you imagine the look on Phil's face if there was a Romney sticker on his amp? He wouldn't be playing
St. Stephen > The Eleven, but instead some John Philips Sousa marches

If phil's amp had a romney sticker, it would be dust covered in a storage unit somewhere while he plotted with rhino executives how to release more shows and gain the most profit from such an endeavor (and TXR would just be another shuttered bay area restaraunt)

-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: saylorsong, AcidTestGraduate
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

#197730 2 years, 1 month ago
B-Rad wrote:
sweetwilliamisdead wrote:
B-Rad wrote:
Here is the Republic Andrew Sullivan on how big the cuts in govt spending have been under Obama...the largest in forty years: andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/05...overnment-obama.html

I guess yes this shows that government spending has been cut the most as a whole, but this is not the result of obamas policies. He is not in control of state and local spending, many states were forced to cut spending because they are going bankrupt and many states are mandated by their constitutions to have a balanced budget so they have no choice but to make cuts. This shows that the federal governments spending still increased even if at slower rates than the Bush adminastration. This also fails to address the issue of the impacts of healthcare reform once it kicks in and you can talk all day about spending but tax rates matter to. I feel like this shows the adismal state of the economy more than it proves that obama has cut the governments size. I can post articles all day from sources just as valid if not better that go in to much more detail about the negative implacations of Obamas fiscal policy. I suppose technically what you said is correct gov cuts have been biggest under obama but this correlation doesnt seem to have any causation.

Exactly!!! It is much larger than just what the President does. The very fact that the GOP has more than doubled the use of the filibuster this last session should show us all right there that the dismall state of the economy has as much to do with GOP obstruction as it does the President's policies. He also unilaterally put a freeze on all government pay increases and negotiated at least two cuts. So he gets half the credit for the smaller gov...which I don't even think is prudent in a recession such as ours (ex: Greece!). I would be interested in reading those sources that claim Obama's fiscal policy has negativly impacted the economy.

You seem hell bent on bringing elements totally irrelevant to what I have been arguing about into this discourse. Cuts in government pay are not going to balance the budget or help the economy, i can see your very excited that obama has been able to cut the pay of public servants. the article you supplied shows that it has shrunk most under obama due to state and local gov cuts, this has nothing to do with obamas policy or gop filibusters, which i remind you again I have not been defending the gop anyways, they definetly contribute to this mess. You continue to ignore how the healthcare bill will affect use in the future and the bust of a stimulus bill, both of which obama personally fought for. The effects of extending and expanding entitlement programs is much greater on the budget than you can ever make up for by cutting federal jobs and salaries. For a detailed account of the affects of Obamas policy one thing I might suggest reading is "Seeds of Destruction" by glenn hubbard and peter navarro, two graduates of harvard business school, one of which is the Dean of the graudaute school of business at Columbia University. Im sorry this is an actual book so I realize it is harder to get your hands on, but im not going to insult your intelligence by posting a half page article which offers two statistics and act like that explains how obamas policy has impacted the biggest economy in the world.

in lieu of that book you might read www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/0...er-in-world-history/
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder

#197739 2 years, 1 month ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
When I see the word "moocher", I think Minnie the Moocher. I like Cab Calloway, and I like that song. I associate good things with that word. It makes me smile.

From now on...EVERYBODY...Minnie the Moochah!!!

I grew up on the Blues Brothers and its still one of my favorite movies. Unfortunately some special person has made offensive/highly exaggerated lyrics . I knew I had seen it before so I did a search and turns out there are at least 2 versions of the song, both pretty equal in racially heated language. One of the sites had even had photoshopped the first lady's face to make her look like the queen of egypt. Dont be in league with these morons, If you dont like someone give a reason for it, dont just throw empty hateful language at them.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#197752 2 years, 1 month ago
Mitt Romney thinks corporations are people and dogs are luggage. Anyone who would put their family member on the roof of a car during a long road trip in a crate only to have them puke piss and shit all over themselves. Then took off the roof hosed off in public at a gas station put back in a crate and back on the roof only to be driven away shows how detached mitt Romney is from being human and having half a brain to recognize a traumatized animal.

Vote for mitt Romney if you like it when people abuse animals! What good character he must be overflowing with!
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#197768 2 years, 1 month ago
I will plead guilty to being a Democrat. But I always look to understand and find something to respect about the "other guys". Exhibit A: Growing up in Jesse Helms country I was able to find a few things to respect about him, so you know I can be very charitable and forgiving. Exhibit B: Prior to his conversion to a hysterical Chicken Little fascist post 9/11, I had respect for Dick Cheney...

I started out with a fair amount of respect for Romney, but the more I learn about him and watch him in action I find very few redeeming qualities. But anyone who would be so clueless and insensitive to his own pet has mental health issues. And anyone who commits a violent hate crime (being a teenager is no excuse) is a thug. Pretending he doesn't remember doing it makes him a liar and not actually remembering it goes back to the mental health issues. Going into business with the families of the death squads who murdered priests and nuns along with thousands of innocent people, what kind of character does that show? Investing his wealth in off shore tax shelters instead of American institutions shows his lack of Patriotism. Thinking that he can slash spending on everything but the military shows his plan for a dystopian future. And thinking he can reduce the debt while radically increasing the defense budgets shows a lack of basic math skills.

Watching him in action I see a pandering flip-flopper who can't speak coherently off script. He's just another empty suit with a plastic smile and a $400 hairdo
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#197771 2 years, 1 month ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
romney ryan got my vote screw ovomit and moocher michelle

Whats up with the hate, sorry to inform you Romney folks but if Mitt doesn't reset the race in the debate wed, this race is over, with the President easily winning reelection.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#197776 2 years, 1 month ago
dr bakes wrote:
Whats up with the hate
just another one of these folks:
www.flickr.com/photos/pargon/
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#197783 2 years, 1 month ago
I hear Romney supporters spending as much if more telling about what an awful job the Democrats are doing rather than selling what a good job they can do.

As a tax accountant, I can see where Romney is going. It ain't pretty...unless of course you have enough money invested where you live off the interest and dividends.

IMO if he gets elected, say goodbye to that home mortgage deduction. This way, the IRS can increase their revenues and congress does not need to raise taxes. Simply brilliant.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by scar1et_f1re. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#197792 2 years, 1 month ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
I hear Romney supporters spending as much if more telling about what an awful job the Democrats are doing rather than selling what a good job they can do.
I'm hoping this changes in the debates. They really don't have any choice but to find a semblance of specificity. So far, they've covered all their bases by saying nothing and a little of everything. They haven't committed to much at all.

scar1et_f1re wrote:
IMO if he gets elected, say goodbye to that home mortgage deduction. This way, the IRS can increase their revenues and congress does not need to raise taxes. Simply brilliant.
This is the second time I've heard this this week. These alternative kidney shots would be rough on a lot of people. Something does indeed need to be done, and because we do not fall outside of nature and its systems, there WILL BE causalities in any metamorphosis. There's no way around it. This is when people need to be selfless and keep their fingers crossed they aren't in the demographic to be sacrificed. Unfortunately, it is usually the same group, or the same small cluster of groups, that get hit over and over and over again in being the sacrificed. Shows how little evolved our species really is.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by ZenoMarx.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#198288 2 years, 1 month ago
Those of you who argue with this TDog are just like him, FOOLS! I could be just the same if I let him push me
too much, but I'll do whatever to refuse his pontifications.

TDog, you are seriously a Dead Head? Rhetorical question. I highly doubt it. You remind me more of young men who show up at the door in you r white shirt/black tie ensemble and try to sell me on this idea that there's a THiRd book. You must have thought those who hang out on this board are so stoned we might be receptive to your rhetoric. NOT. You have as much luck converting here as I would encourage sobriety at a Shriner's convention. TDog, go have a nice shot of Faux news to make you feel better.

Conversely, there have been a lot of people who support Obama because he's the anti-Romney. However, he's the incumbent
so that gives him a bit of an advantage. You kind of have to give the guy a pass because he got handed one of the worst handicaps in the game of presidential golf, if ya' get my drift. No doubt the guy sold us a bill of goods he's not been able to
deliver on, and frankly nobody could have, short of the almighty.

Anyway, continue to fight for this two party system. Politics is a lot like sports. It's rooting for one team or another, and as long as your team wins, hooray!
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds