tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196756 2 years ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
tdog wrote:
Turns out...
Ah, I get it. I was concerned as much. Your convictions lack depth and any rationale, so as you jump from plank to plank, you've done little more than loosen all the nails in your entire tiny platform. At worst, you're just an angry, miserable person looking for something, or someone, to place blame, and at best, you're a troll who gets their jollies at the potential of riling up the anonymous on a message board. You aren't interested in talking issues or having a discussion. A small man. Certainly not worthy of being admired for "having guts" to dare broach the subject in a place such as this. There should be more to your words than there is to be deserving of any such praise. You strike me as one of those "get a brain! morans" type people.

Ok.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for a decent, well crafted, cogent defense of Obama and his leadership record.
Freedom is truth.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#197114 2 years ago
sweetwilliamisdead wrote:
B-Rad wrote:
Here is the Republic Andrew Sullivan on how big the cuts in govt spending have been under Obama...the largest in forty years: andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/05...overnment-obama.html

I guess yes this shows that government spending has been cut the most as a whole, but this is not the result of obamas policies. He is not in control of state and local spending, many states were forced to cut spending because they are going bankrupt and many states are mandated by their constitutions to have a balanced budget so they have no choice but to make cuts. This shows that the federal governments spending still increased even if at slower rates than the Bush adminastration. This also fails to address the issue of the impacts of healthcare reform once it kicks in and you can talk all day about spending but tax rates matter to. I feel like this shows the adismal state of the economy more than it proves that obama has cut the governments size. I can post articles all day from sources just as valid if not better that go in to much more detail about the negative implacations of Obamas fiscal policy. I suppose technically what you said is correct gov cuts have been biggest under obama but this correlation doesnt seem to have any causation.

Exactly!!! It is much larger than just what the President does. The very fact that the GOP has more than doubled the use of the filibuster this last session should show us all right there that the dismall state of the economy has as much to do with GOP obstruction as it does the President's policies. He also unilaterally put a freeze on all government pay increases and negotiated at least two cuts. So he gets half the credit for the smaller gov...which I don't even think is prudent in a recession such as ours (ex: Greece!). I would be interested in reading those sources that claim Obama's fiscal policy has negativly impacted the economy.
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder

#197117 2 years ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
romney ryan got my vote screw ovomit and moocher michelle

Please explain the name moocher michelle. I do not understand how she is mooching off of anything unless you are willing to consider all first ladies "moochers." Im not accusing you of it, but it sounds to me like more racist stereotypes about black women imposed on her. Im hoping this was not your intention but I read moocher as "Wellfare Queen."
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#197145 2 years ago
When I see the word "moocher", I think Minnie the Moocher. I like Cab Calloway, and I like that song. I associate good things with that word. It makes me smile.

From now on...EVERYBODY...Minnie the Moochah!!!
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#197375 2 years ago
[quote="tdog" post=196756]ZenoMarx wrote:
tdog wrote:
Turns out...

Ok.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for a decent, well crafted, cogent defense of Obama and his leadership record.

Really? Just read back through this thread. Every single misinformed thing you brought up was shown to be false and when this happens you offer no rebuttle you just move on to the next rightwing lie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZenoMarx
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#197406 2 years ago
NO POLITICS DURING SHOWS, show some respect

-- smell every flower --
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#197410 2 years ago
kevin wrote:
NO POLITICS DURING SHOWS, show some respect

Tell that to Phil.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#197414 2 years ago
9.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#197654 2 years ago
sticker.jpg

I've read all the posts on this thread, and heard enough about politics in my life. The two party system
has failed us. Used to be my dream was to see the Dead do a killer Dark Star. That dream will never see fruition,
so my dream now is see an independent get elected president.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by AcidTestGraduate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousDan, sweetwilliamisdead
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#197661 2 years ago
B-Rad wrote:
9.jpg

Can you imagine the look on Phil's face if there was a Romney sticker on his amp? He wouldn't be playing
St. Stephen > The Eleven, but instead some John Philips Sousa marches
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds