• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jodiah
Expert Boarder
Posts:838

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196518 1 year, 11 months ago
DeadHeads for Romney??? Really?

I'm not Obama's biggest supporter, but I've never equated being a DeadHead with discrimination. So when I see conservative politicians tell Americans that people like me and my partner are somehow inferior because we're gay it hurts. When LGBT youth see this and feel that they'll never be equal because these politicians reinforce what these kids have heard from bullies, it hurts. And, when conservative politicians attack women (like my mother, sister, aunts, friends, etc.), it pisses me off!!!

If "Liberty and Justice for All" isn't on a candidate's platform, then they'll never get this DeadHead's vote!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, SunshineSue, B-Rad, Phred, Passenger76
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:31729
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196524 1 year, 11 months ago
jodiah wrote:
DeadHeads for Romney??? Really?

I'm not Obama's biggest supporter, but I've never equated being a DeadHead with discrimination. So when I see conservative politicians tell Americans that people like me and my partner are somehow inferior because we're gay it hurts. When LGBT youth see this and feel that they'll never be equal because these politicians reinforce what these kids have heard from bullies, it hurts. And, when conservative politicians attack women (like my mother, sister, aunts, friends, etc.), it pisses me off!!!

If "Liberty and Justice for All" isn't on a candidate's platform, then they'll never get this DeadHead's vote!

Well put! This is yet another completely unacceptable plank in the Republican platform/playbook that we haven't even touched on yet. How can you say you're for individual freedom and civil liberties, but then start adding in all these "except for this" and "except for that"?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, jodiah, B-Rad, Phred, Passenger76
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1428
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196530 1 year, 11 months ago
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder
Posts:131

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196540 1 year, 11 months ago
[quote="B-Rad" post=196452]sweetwilliamisdead wrote:
SkiNose wrote:
Ummmm... no matter how you slice it, The Teabagger congress has done absolutely nothing but block everything Obama has tried to do.



get your facts straight jack... all you are doing is spouting right wing propaganda.



Just noting that Obama had both houses of congress for half his term and did little with it. The healthcare got passed which is an unrealistic and ill concived solution to a viable problem. His attempts to stimulate the economy was quite a laughable idea and can already be seen as a failure.

Actually he had a super majority for 30 working days.

I dont know if he will be more fiscally responsible than Obama or not, but Obama has proven in office that he has no problem piling on to the debt. The writing is on every wall in the room and he is staring at the floor, my generation and younger will be paying heavily our whole lives for decisions already made over the last 12 years and those which will come to pass. I think they are both lousy fork tongued politicians but one has had a opportunity and failed, maybe it would be better to try someone else.

Who was it that signed the biggest reduction in the size of government in US history...oh yeah Obama. Who was it that increased the debt by the largest amount in US history...oh yeah GW Bush.


If you are a truly open minded individual I would recommend you start looking into third party candidates and find someone who you can actually believe in and support them. No vote is wasted, the more third party votes that come in the more viable an option it will be held as in the future by the general public. I think it is more than apparent that the two party system is broken, this thread has plenty of evidence that points to this fact. the candidates both democratic and rebuplican are part of politcal machines fueled by corporate money. It would seem that if all options are considered inaquedate & corrupt that the system is in need of alteration and theres only one direction to go and it still be an election, so more candidates and a general greater openmindedness to divsere forms of policy and thought is needed. the polarity currently in politics is unobjective and we already flirt with peril to much to continue this petty power struggle.

When has a third party ever worked in our polical system??? Never!



Who was it that signed the biggest reduction in the size of government in US history...oh yeah Obama. Who was it that increased the debt by the largest amount in US history...oh yeah GW Bush.

ok first off nowhere did I defend or rely on bush in any part of my arguement about the economy, in fact I noted that the economy was in “big trouble” when obama took office. And more importantly I dont know how you figure Obama has the biggest reduction in government size besides his cutting of federal jobs which is just that. In a fiscal sense he has not shrunken anything. the deficit has risen in his term and much of the damage doesnt even show yet because the healthcare reforms have not taken effect yet, which also bring tax hikes, and because some entitlements which have increased are paygo so those impacts are minimal in the budget. His budgets are the highest percentage of the gdp ever. And yes i realize the 2009 budget was actually signed by bush and did increase spending 17.9% but it was passed by a Pelosi congress.


When has a third party ever worked in our polical system??? Never!

this is really a weak arguement from somebody I believe said they had a phd. Because something has never happened is not a very objective reasoning for it not to happen in the future, in fact eveything that is constantly occuring has never happened before so I dont see your point, besides that you dont believe it could ever flourish, and thats not what you stated. Some elections have been grealty effected by third party candidates and yes maybe we could use a real change, isnt that right that we can hope for change?
B-Rad
Gold Boarder
Posts:1123

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196548 1 year, 11 months ago
Here is the Republic Andrew Sullivan on how big the cuts in govt spending have been under Obama...the largest in forty years: andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/05...overnment-obama.html

I said third parties have never worked. I meant they have never taken power. You are correct that they have influenced the major parties at various times.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196578 1 year, 11 months ago
Turns out now that Obama/Hillary/etc knew about the Al Qaeda attacks and killing of our citizens at the US embassy in Libya 24 HOURS after it happened yet they continued and repeatedly lied and covered it up on all the Sunday shows and in the media days after it happened. They blamed some lame-ass amateur video for making the Libyans angry and storming our embassy and killing people.

Wow, I can remember when a president was impeached for breaking into the democratic HQ in D.C. (Nixon). This is way bigger than that. A US citizen was tortured and murdered (and even raped) by Al Qaeda terrorists and these bastards in power are knowingly covering it up ?

Makes me sick. All to retain power and be re-elected.

BTW, I had to dig this up on the internet. No mainstream media outlets will go near this story as they are on the Obama re-election team. This should disturb all reasoned people in this country.

www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/09/26/R...tack-Within-24-Hours
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by tdog.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder
Posts:1123

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196654 1 year, 11 months ago
Tdog, breitbart. Really? That lying racist duchbag was discredited a long time ago. I wish his site of propaganda would die like he did.

I have no idea what the outrage would be about. Even if they know, they didn't, doesn't the President have the disgression to alert the nation? Bush lies about WMD and gets 4000 of our boys killed and the right has no problem with it. Sick puppies.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:1023
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196705 1 year, 11 months ago
tdog wrote:
Turns out...
Ah, I get it. I was concerned as much. Your convictions lack depth and any rationale, so as you jump from plank to plank, you've done little more than loosen all the nails in your entire tiny platform. At worst, you're just an angry, miserable person looking for something, or someone, to place blame, and at best, you're a troll who gets their jollies at the potential of riling up the anonymous on a message board. You aren't interested in talking issues or having a discussion. A small man. Certainly not worthy of being admired for "having guts" to dare broach the subject in a place such as this. There should be more to your words than there is to be deserving of any such praise. You strike me as one of those "get a brain! morans" type people.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196712 1 year, 11 months ago
yea, well, they were first. we'll see how this plays out in the days to come.

i cannot believe that this won't be a bigger deal than it is. if true, and there's no reason to believe it's not true at this point, then this ought to make people stop and think about electing this guy/known liar to lead the country for 4 more years.

just saying.

now, back to listening to taperrob's stream. just wanted to share that little kernel of news with the forum since it's election season and you won't hear it from the big news outlets for a few more days
Freedom is truth.
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder
Posts:131

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196716 1 year, 11 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
Here is the Republic Andrew Sullivan on how big the cuts in govt spending have been under Obama...the largest in forty years: andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/05...overnment-obama.html


I guess yes this shows that government spending has been cut the most as a whole, but this is not the result of obamas policies. He is not in control of state and local spending, many states were forced to cut spending because they are going bankrupt and many states are mandated by their constitutions to have a balanced budget so they have no choice but to make cuts. This shows that the federal governments spending still increased even if at slower rates than the Bush adminastration. This also fails to address the issue of the impacts of healthcare reform once it kicks in and you can talk all day about spending but tax rates matter to. I feel like this shows the adismal state of the economy more than it proves that obama has cut the governments size. I can post articles all day from sources just as valid if not better that go in to much more detail about the negative implacations of Obamas fiscal policy. I suppose technically what you said is correct gov cuts have been biggest under obama but this correlation doesnt seem to have any causation.
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds