ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#204893 1 year, 11 months ago
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by ecojaded.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#204894 1 year, 11 months ago
Phred wrote:
And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen...the man who said that he hates discussions that degenerate into name calling is now calling names. Wonderful. About the only thing Tdog hasn't linked anyone to is the Nazis, and that may be up for closer scrutiny...because, as he says, I can't read.

I would have thought you would have loved my post. I agreed with you, you have convinced me, I'm voting for Romney..even contributing! And what do I get, insulted and accused of being a dreaded person from, of all places, California!

Sir, you have insulted me for the last time! What will it be? Pistols or knives?
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by strangerinboulder.
Phred
Senior Boarder

#204895 1 year, 11 months ago
[quote="ecojaded" post=204893]Phred wrote:
About the only thing Tdog hasn't linked anyone to is the Nazis, and that may be up for closer scrutiny...because, as he says, I can't read.
quote]

There is evidence in 1 of these 34 pages of that.

Well, if that is true, then Godwin's Law must be invoked to declare Tdog null and void and not allowed to post on this thread anymore. This may be the silver bullet I've been looking for! Can somebody please read through all of these pages and find the Nazi reference? I'd do it, but I can't read...
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#204897 1 year, 11 months ago
Sorry phred , that quote wasn't for you. But I am assuming you can read.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#204898 1 year, 11 months ago
[quote="tdog" post=204316]ZenoMarx wrote:
Many doctors will simply not practice if they're not paid.

Doesn't that violate the Hippocratic Oath that doctors are supposed to take by ethical/moral obligation? I don't know. Though most Americans lack the personal, moral and ethical integrity to practice what they preach or even be moderately altruistic.

There are two different translations that I can easily find without much footwork and apparently it was modified in the Declaration of Geneva in 1948. It may be old but it's hard to improve on something of this nature; except to enhance its legality in modern times. Times may change but moral obligations never change, they are only ignored and the ignorance becomes socially acceptable to allow the perpetrators a guilt-free conscience.

Now I just don't know what to do about the no abortive-remedies part, I think a woman's body is just that, her body. Though the original document came from a time when gender equality issues were not examined as they are today. I guess that's a different conversation though. Although economies were also different when this was read so you could make that argument as well in regards to doctor's payment. However refusing treatment to sick people without proper payment does seem to be important in the Oath as well as upholding the well-being of citizens without the need of compensation, except knowing that you extended help to another human being in a time of need. Just food for thought.

Here is one of the translations.

English Translation of A Doctor's Hippocratic Oath, version 1

Apollo Physician and Asclepius and Hygieia and Panaceia and all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will fulfill according to my ability and judgment this oath and this covenant:

To hold him who has taught me this art as equal to my parents and to live my life in partnership with him, and if he is in need of money to give him a share of mine, and to regard his offspring as equal to my brothers in male lineage and to teach them this art - if they desire to learn it - without fee and covenant; to give a share of precepts and oral instruction and all the other learning to my sons and to the sons of him who has instructed me and to pupils who have signed the covenant and have taken an oath according to the medical law, but to no one else.

I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice.

I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody if asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art.

I will not use the knife, not even on sufferers from stone, but will withdraw in favor of such men as are engaged in this work.

Whatever houses I may visit, I will come for the benefit of the sick, remaining free of all intentional injustice, of all mischief and in particular of sexual relations with both female and male persons, be they free or slaves.

What I may see or hear in the course of the treatment or even outside of the treatment in regard to the life of men, which on no account one must spread abroad, I will keep to myself holding such things shameful to be spoken about.

If I fulfill this path and do not violate it, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and art, being honored with fame among all men for all time to come; if I transgress it and swear falsely. may the opposite of all this be my lot.[4]
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#204899 1 year, 11 months ago
[quote="Phred" post=204895]ecojaded wrote:
Phred wrote:
About the only thing Tdog hasn't linked anyone to is the Nazis, and that may be up for closer scrutiny...because, as he says, I can't read.
quote]

Well, if that is true, then Godwin's Law must be invoked to declare Tdog null and void and not allowed to post on this thread anymore. This may be the silver bullet I've been looking for! Can somebody please read through all of these pages and find the Nazi reference? I'd do it, but I can't read...

what if he went back and edited out any mention of Nazis that he made in the past? most republicans think that if they can erase it from record or hide it good enough in their verbal diarrhea, that it didn't happen and you can not hold them accountable even if they know they said it. A conundrum sir!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#204901 1 year, 11 months ago
tdog wrote:
You aren't going to convert people who disagree with you by using force. How about a thoughtful discussion and finding some common ground for a change ?

You may stand to benefit from your own advice?
Phred
Senior Boarder

#204907 1 year, 11 months ago
[quote="Dire Wolf" post=204899]Phred wrote:
ecojaded wrote:
Phred wrote:
quote]

what if he went back and edited out any mention of Nazis that he made in the past? most republicans think that if they can erase it from record or hide it good enough in their verbal diarrhea, that it didn't happen and you can not hold them accountable even if they know they said it. A conundrum sir!

Ahhh...a most excellent point! Probably why we haven't heard from Mr. Tdog in 30 minutes....scrounging through his old posts deleting the evidence. We can only hope that there are screen captures...

And now for something completely different:

Go Broncos! Beat the wretched scourge from San Diego (see Tdog, I can hate Californians too! Please don't hate me)
Phred
Senior Boarder

#204909 1 year, 11 months ago
Oh, and good Sir Wolf...love your Vonnegut quote in your tag line. One of my favorite authors (if not THE favorite). This is a quote of his about Bush that I still have on my office door:

“I was once asked if I had any ideas for a really scary reality TV show. I have one reality show that would really make your hair stand on end: "C-Students from Yale."

George W. Bush has gathered around him upper-crust C-students who know no history or geography, plus not-so-closeted white supremacists, aka Christians, and plus, most frighteningly, psychopathic personalities, or PPs, the medical term for smart, personable people who have no consciences."
vaporized
Fresh Boarder

#204923 1 year, 11 months ago
Romney is a corporate psychopath who relates to the world through greed and power. Math, science and truth are no obstacles to his quest for power and the off shoring of the American dream. ROMNEY 2012!
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds