• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#204809 1 year, 11 months ago
Darxtar wrote:
It's all about the Supreme Court. Do you really want a couple more ultra conservative corporate justices sitting up there for the next 40 years. That could really really hurt us. Just give it some thought.


No, I do't want any ideologues on the court of either side ! What we need on the court are Constitutional scholars who will interpret what the founders wrote and uphold it.

Are Kagan ad Sotomeyore (sp) strict constructionists in your opinion ? Or, do you think they'll vote down the line with Obama ? Come on now !
Freedom is truth.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#204811 1 year, 11 months ago
Darxtar wrote:
We live in a divided America. Romney spoke of it to his mega wealthy immoral donors. (Check out the fat cat who hosted the party, it's shameful how he lives and the people who attend his orgies live) Do not forget forget about the 47%. Most people do not want the Affordable Health Care Act repealed. Facts matter. Romney does not have any policies that you can speak of. List any specific policy, just one specific thing, like one tax loophole he would close. The Economist magazine's current issue has a great article regarding this topic. Paul Kurgman also has a great article in today's paper.

The whole deficit thing is total BS. Which party sent us to war, the longest war in our history and put it on a credit card? That is absolutely unconscionable! Who wants these war's continued? Who has profited from the war's? Romney is not the answer especially when things (the economy) are getting better. Read Paul Krugman's article.

Lastly, Romney wants to cut education! Read while you still can. The national IQ of the country is 24 in the world and going down. Pretty exceptional don't you think.


Our education system blows ! Guess what, we spend more on it than ever by a large margin. More money doesn't mean better education.

Come on, seriously man. Don't you see how the unions and the democrat party are colluding resulting in costs of education rising sky high ????? REally ? Do I have to do everyone's research here ?

My God man, THINK !
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by tdog.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#204813 1 year, 11 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
The only problem Dan is that it actually matters. With Romney having over half his foreign policy team made up of Bush admin neocons Romney will very likely invade Iran. So it matters quite a bit.


OMG. You get a vote ? God help us all.

Seriously, the level of ignorance displayed on this topic here is stunning. Really depressing.

FORWARD ! Right over the cliff. Yippppeeeeeeeee !
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by tdog.
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:417

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#204822 1 year, 11 months ago
tdog wrote:
Darxtar wrote:
We live in a divided America. Romney spoke of it to his mega wealthy immoral donors. (Check out the fat cat who hosted the party, it's shameful how he lives and the people who attend his orgies live) Do not forget forget about the 47%. Most people do not want the Affordable Health Care Act repealed. Facts matter. Romney does not have any policies that you can speak of. List any specific policy, just one specific thing, like one tax loophole he would close. The Economist magazine's current issue has a great article regarding this topic. Paul Kurgman also has a great article in today's paper.

The whole deficit thing is total BS. Which party sent us to war, the longest war in our history and put it on a credit card? That is absolutely unconscionable! Who wants these war's continued? Who has profited from the war's? Romney is not the answer especially when things (the economy) are getting better. Read Paul Krugman's article.

Lastly, Romney wants to cut education! Read while you still can. The national IQ of the country is 24 in the world and going down. Pretty exceptional don't you think.


Our education system blows ! Guess what, we spend more on it than ever by a large margin. More money doesn't mean better education.

Come on, seriously man. Don't you see how the unions and the democrat party are colluding resulting in costs of education rising sky high ????? REally ? Do I have to do everyone's research here ?

My God man, THINK !


Boy, Tdog, you are right on! We spend WAY too much on education. AND, I did the research! (pat on the back for me)...check it out right here: www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/ranks/rank20.html

The average K-12 teacher salary in the US is $50,500 (with a high end of $63K in California and a low of $35K in S. Dakota).
A look at the median shows an even more shocking statistic...$45.5K!! All these teachers are breaking us. Plus, they're probably only paying a marginal tax rate of ONLY 25%!!! Why, we need to crack down on this.

Here in Colorado, our teachers routinely buy things for their poorer students out of their own pockets...things that the kid's family cannot afford. I think it is time to REQUIRE these "teachers" (or if you will, LEACHERS) to pay for ALL of the supplies used in their classrooms for ALL students. Why should it be only the poor cashing in on this "benefit"??? This goes on much longer and they might think of it as an "entitlement". Let's stop this nonsense and all vote for Romney! God love ya, Tdog, you have finally convinced me. All of your work has paid off. In fact, I think I will go donate this week's beer money to the Romney campaign...god knows he needs every dime.
The following user(s) said Thank You: borninthedesert, ZenoMarx, SunshineSue
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2392
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#204829 1 year, 11 months ago
I'm all about Romney for president - Hugh Romney that is!!!
Takin' it in stride!
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:1024
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#204832 1 year, 11 months ago
tdog wrote:
Seriously, the level of ignorance displayed on this topic here is stunning. Really depressing
I love the fact that you keep shining this light right back on yourself. You've shown your ignorance so many times now that I cannot help but think you're a troll (or a sneaky Obama supporter intentionally making Romney followers look like blundering imbeciles). I admit that I would find the latter to be somewhat interesting.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:1024
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#204836 1 year, 11 months ago
And I'd like to say teachers don't get paid anywhere enough. I'm not a teacher. None of my friends or family are teachers. One of the most important, potentially pivotal jobs in our culture. The pressure from every angle (parents, religion, education system, state). Hands tied to control their classrooms. Thankless and incredibly difficult in so many ways. If $45K is the median, it should be $90K. If our society is going to be bankrupt, I'd like it to be so more because we paid our teachers well than medical insurance companies bleeding us dry or the banking system finding another way to use everyone else's money to get filthy rich.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Darxtar
Junior Boarder
Posts:31

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#204857 1 year, 11 months ago
Lastly, I don't know if people realize that the real power of being President is that the President picks the Supreme Court justices. As we know these are life long positions. It does make a difference. For example, in an interview with Wolf Blitzer and Sandra Day O'Connor there was the following exchange:

"Let's look back a little bit on some history. Bush v. Gore, you remember that case in the Supreme Court," Blitzer said.

"Oh, I remember that case," O'Connor said

"Was that the right decision?" Blitzer asked.

"I don't know," O'Connor said

O'Connor is supposed to make the right decision. She can not say that she did. At least she gave a somewhat honest answer. She was a Regan appointment. She made a political decision. She was even at George Bush's house on election night. It did not matter if it was the right decision. It was the decision she was appointed to make. She did what she was supposed to do. Look at the guys Bush put in, Roberts and Alito. When ever a case involving a citizen or citizens against a corporation was before them they sided without exception for the corporation. Of course they have been a big ally for corporate interests on the Supreme Court. This is where I think Nader hurt us by even running. He knows this stuff but did not seem to care. This is why this stuff is important because there are a couple of aging judges on the court now. Ginsburg(DEM) is 78 and not in good health, and Stephen Breyer(DEM) is 72.

The GOP controls the court already. I can not imagine giving them two more seats, maybe more. All the others on the court are relatively young and will be making decisions that don't have to be the right decisions for a long time.

If Sandra Day O'Connor does not give the Presidency to George Bush we probable do not go to war in Iraq. Think of the people who would still be alive today. How much is a life worth? We also would not be living a Citizens United world. Just imagine how the would would be different if Sandra Day O'Connor was not appointed to the Supreme Court.

I have taken up too much of this already. Just needed to vent. Think it's time to listen to some Furthur.
You aint gonna learn what you don't want to know.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Darxtar.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#204883 1 year, 11 months ago
Phred wrote:
tdog wrote:
Darxtar wrote:
We live in a divided America. Romney spoke of it to his mega wealthy immoral donors. (Check out the fat cat who hosted the party, it's shameful how he lives and the people who attend his orgies live) Do not forget forget about the 47%. Most people do not want the Affordable Health Care Act repealed. Facts matter. Romney does not have any policies that you can speak of. List any specific policy, just one specific thing, like one tax loophole he would close. The Economist magazine's current issue has a great article regarding this topic. Paul Kurgman also has a great article in today's paper.

The whole deficit thing is total BS. Which party sent us to war, the longest war in our history and put it on a credit card? That is absolutely unconscionable! Who wants these war's continued? Who has profited from the war's? Romney is not the answer especially when things (the economy) are getting better. Read Paul Krugman's article.

Lastly, Romney wants to cut education! Read while you still can. The national IQ of the country is 24 in the world and going down. Pretty exceptional don't you think.


Our education system blows ! Guess what, we spend more on it than ever by a large margin. More money doesn't mean better education.

Come on, seriously man. Don't you see how the unions and the democrat party are colluding resulting in costs of education rising sky high ????? REally ? Do I have to do everyone's research here ?

My God man, THINK !


Boy, Tdog, you are right on! We spend WAY too much on education. AND, I did the research! (pat on the back for me)...check it out right here: www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/ranks/rank20.html

The average K-12 teacher salary in the US is $50,500 (with a high end of $63K in California and a low of $35K in S. Dakota).
A look at the median shows an even more shocking statistic...$45.5K!! All these teachers are breaking us. Plus, they're probably only paying a marginal tax rate of ONLY 25%!!! Why, we need to crack down on this.

Here in Colorado, our teachers routinely buy things for their poorer students out of their own pockets...things that the kid's family cannot afford. I think it is time to REQUIRE these "teachers" (or if you will, LEACHERS) to pay for ALL of the supplies used in their classrooms for ALL students. Why should it be only the poor cashing in on this "benefit"??? This goes on much longer and they might think of it as an "entitlement". Let's stop this nonsense and all vote for Romney! God love ya, Tdog, you have finally convinced me. All of your work has paid off. In fact, I think I will go donate this week's beer money to the Romney campaign...god knows he needs every dime.


God, it's so depressing that you live in the same state that I do. Don't tell me, you're a California transplant. I wouldv'e never guessed. Ruin your state with your stupid ideas, move to another state yet retian your stupid ideas. Brilliant !

The horror.

BTW, are you and B-Rad the same person ? Neither of you can read.
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by tdog.
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:417

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#204890 1 year, 11 months ago
And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen...the man who said that he hates discussions that degenerate into name calling is now calling names. Wonderful. About the only thing Tdog hasn't linked anyone to is the Nazis, and that may be up for closer scrutiny...because, as he says, I can't read.

I would have thought you would have loved my post. I agreed with you, you have convinced me, I'm voting for Romney..even contributing! And what do I get, insulted and accused of being a dreaded person from, of all places, California!

Sir, you have insulted me for the last time! What will it be? Pistols or knives?
The following user(s) said Thank You: strangerinboulder
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds