Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200314 2 years ago
Phred wrote:
tdog wrote:
Phred wrote:
tdog wrote:
kevin wrote:
from someone who has watched this thread devolve into a fight of facts, forget about parties and past presidents, understand this
The parties each have their OWN best interests at heart, Romney and Obama will do what's in their best interests.
THE PAST IS NEVER COMING BACK, all these quotes about previous administrations and even Obama's first term dont mean diddly, the next 4 years are what's important, Use YOUR vote to choose which candidate can do more for YOU and what YOU value in the next 4 years. There is a reason all people get 1 vote and majority wins. Democracy aint perfect, but it's the best we got.

Me personally, if Romney/Ryan are for "trickle down" economics and dumping Medicare/SS, then Im voting against that agenda. Obama is around a 5 as far as effective, he hasn't really impressed me much, BUT his health reform affects me directly and he hasn't campaigned to take away my retirement as I've known it for the past 30 years.
ONE VOTE

What is Obama's policy to stem the tide of unemployment ? He talks about growing the "middle class" but how does he do that without getting more people back to work ? More stimulus spending ? That's been his policy to date, government spending to spur demand. The problem is, it hasn't worked ! Higher taxes on higher earners ? How does that get people back to work ?

My view is it's time to try a different approach.

We tried it: 2000 - 2008. Verdict: it didn't work. You have to understand that we are in some fairly uncharted territory. The economy has not been this bad since the Great Depression (thus the name "Great Recession"). There are fundamental flaws with the economy...see my previous posts. Going back to the same policies that created the problem does not seem like a sensible thing to do. I'm willing to give Obama at least as much time to fix it as we gave the other guy to break it. Quite frankly, I'm no fan of Obama...he's too far right for me. But Romney/Ryan are threatening to take us back to the Dark Ages. My opinion, you don't have to like it nor try to change it...you'll be about as successful as I am in changing yours.

Cheers, and be sure vote, or you don't get to bitch...

Tried what from 2000-2008 ? Be specific please. To say Romney = Bush is cheap and weak. Bush is much more like Obama in terms of his economic policy.

And, of course I'm voting to preserve my right to bitch !

Trickle down economics....tax cuts to promote job growth, AKA "Supply-side Economics". Others would argue we've been visiting this topic since Reagan's years in office. Even Bush I called it "voodoo economics". This is a main tenet of the Romney/Ryan plan...20% across the board tax cuts. Is that specific enough? No need to mention Romney = Bush, the idea is much older than either of them...it goes all the way back to before economist, Arthur Laffer and the "Laffer curve".

And what happened between 2000-2006 ? After a hideous recession and terrorist attack in 2001 ? Hey, we had ECONOMIC GROWTH. What happened in 2006 ? We elected a democratic majority in the Congress led by none other than your friend and mine Nancy-I'm-An-A1-Moron-Pelosi and thus started the downward spiral into the toilet we find ourselves still in 6 years later. Maybe it's a coincidence that we stared circling the drain around 2006 but then maybe not.

Again, no fan of Bush here but let's try to be somewhat honest about how we got here ! Please ?????

Also, who's stupid ass idea was it to implement a government policy that mandated home loans to fucking homeless people ? Was it BILL-FUCKING-CLINTON ?

I'm so tired of this argument that it's all Bush's fault. TURN THE FUCKING PAGE !

Booooorrrrrrrrrring !
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by tdog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#200315 2 years ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
just to make the debates fun

Now you're talking! I'm grabbing the tequila and will be ready to go when the debate starts!

Last Edit: 2 years ago by SunshineSue.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#200321 2 years ago
If you're going to have a Romney thread, this needs to be in it, imho.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
Phred
Senior Boarder

#200330 2 years ago
tdog wrote:
Phred wrote:
tdog wrote:
Phred wrote:
tdog wrote:
kevin wrote:
from someone who has watched this thread devolve into a fight of facts, forget about parties and past presidents, understand this
The parties each have their OWN best interests at heart, Romney and Obama will do what's in their best interests.
THE PAST IS NEVER COMING BACK, all these quotes about previous administrations and even Obama's first term dont mean diddly, the next 4 years are what's important, Use YOUR vote to choose which candidate can do more for YOU and what YOU value in the next 4 years. There is a reason all people get 1 vote and majority wins. Democracy aint perfect, but it's the best we got.

Me personally, if Romney/Ryan are for "trickle down" economics and dumping Medicare/SS, then Im voting against that agenda. Obama is around a 5 as far as effective, he hasn't really impressed me much, BUT his health reform affects me directly and he hasn't campaigned to take away my retirement as I've known it for the past 30 years.
ONE VOTE

What is Obama's policy to stem the tide of unemployment ? He talks about growing the "middle class" but how does he do that without getting more people back to work ? More stimulus spending ? That's been his policy to date, government spending to spur demand. The problem is, it hasn't worked ! Higher taxes on higher earners ? How does that get people back to work ?

My view is it's time to try a different approach.

We tried it: 2000 - 2008. Verdict: it didn't work. You have to understand that we are in some fairly uncharted territory. The economy has not been this bad since the Great Depression (thus the name "Great Recession"). There are fundamental flaws with the economy...see my previous posts. Going back to the same policies that created the problem does not seem like a sensible thing to do. I'm willing to give Obama at least as much time to fix it as we gave the other guy to break it. Quite frankly, I'm no fan of Obama...he's too far right for me. But Romney/Ryan are threatening to take us back to the Dark Ages. My opinion, you don't have to like it nor try to change it...you'll be about as successful as I am in changing yours.

Cheers, and be sure vote, or you don't get to bitch...

Tried what from 2000-2008 ? Be specific please. To say Romney = Bush is cheap and weak. Bush is much more like Obama in terms of his economic policy.

And, of course I'm voting to preserve my right to bitch !

Trickle down economics....tax cuts to promote job growth, AKA "Supply-side Economics". Others would argue we've been visiting this topic since Reagan's years in office. Even Bush I called it "voodoo economics". This is a main tenet of the Romney/Ryan plan...20% across the board tax cuts. Is that specific enough? No need to mention Romney = Bush, the idea is much older than either of them...it goes all the way back to before economist, Arthur Laffer and the "Laffer curve".

And what happened between 2000-2006 ? After a hideous recession and terrorist attack in 2001 ? Hey, we had ECONOMIC GROWTH. What happened in 2006 ? We elected a democratic majority in the Congress led by none other than your friend and mine Nancy-I'm-An-A1-Moron-Pelosi and thus started the downward spiral into the toilet we find ourselves still in 6 years later. Maybe it's a coincidence that we stared circling the drain around 2006 but then maybe not.

Again, no fan of Bush here but let's try to be somewhat honest about how we got here ! Please ?????

Also, who's stupid ass idea was it to implement a government policy that mandated home loans to fucking homeless people ? Was it BILL-FUCKING-CLINTON ?

I'm so tired of this argument that it's all Bush's fault. TURN THE FUCKING PAGE !

Booooorrrrrrrrrring !

You know, you are just like Romney! Never answer any direct questions posed to you by others...simply go on your own little rant about how everyone is saying Romney = Bush. I specifically stated I was not equating Romney and Bush, explaining that it went back MUCH further than that, yet you don't address that... you just keep spouting the answer you want to give and ignore everything else.

But you go one better than Romney...you insult your discussion opponents lumping everyone together as "psuedo-intellectual, elitists" (you left out snobbery...but I'll put it in there for you)

Were this a debate class you would fail, sir.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#200339 2 years ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
what he wrote is a nice saying of saying we are idiots who lack listening and comprehension skills and him and his cohorts are superior to us in all ways ,yeah not to condescending
Not true at all. I could easily rip into him with names and nasty language (and you, too, if you'd like to be grouped in with the incapacity to hear what other people are actually saying, which is sort of humorous because it is what you're doing here). I wasn't throwing around subtext. I'm very, very picky with my words and how I intend them to be perceived. I find language to be a beautiful tool, and the ability to articulate is something I very much admire. I wasn't calling anyone an idiot. I said exactly what I mean, and I meant what I said. Nothing more. Nothing other.

But yes, those who are good listeners are indeed superior to those who are poor listeners. No qualms with saying that. Not a bit.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

#200340 2 years ago
Bakes wrote:
No predujice. There's no debate. Im entitled to my sarcastic opinion like the rest of you all.. Some people don't appreciate sarcasm. Fine. This is politics. I'm right, you''re wrong. Get over it..

o man your right im getting over it but its just taking me so long cause this is so important. i wish i had as good a sense of humor as you but im just a real dry guy. Arguing politics is really what i live for so i just cant help but get carried away. just a note, a new childman has been proclaimed king turd of shit mountain. the new king was able to gain power despite stating that lala land was his favorite place to be. the childmen group has long held this kingdom with no challenge to their rule and found that a ruler envious of lala land was the man for the job. the childman ethnic group, which physically grow the same as humans but fail to reach mental and emotional maturity, seems especially adapt for the shit mountain environment. The new kings first act was to announce the infallability of his opinion and he is manuevering to bring the legal oppression of the eduacated to new highs as well as mandating that all books that arent fairytales be burned. The biggest problem facing the new king is the recent trend of normal human adults migrating into the region, these adults are spoiling the childmens fun and have been trying to promote the radical idea of science, which has ruffled many feathers. Usually adults are only brought into the country to do jobs that arent fun or that require intense focus and thought. If the new turd in charge doesnt do something fast shit mountain could become a place of responsiblity and higher level thought, this deeply troubles many shit mountain citizens who hold that fun and logic cant coexist and believe such occurrences would greatly stain the history of their region. these are facts and the meaning they point to is undebatable and obvious. sorry I cant stop posting things that are so meaningful and serious, i could learn so much from you.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#200345 2 years ago
I think your a dumb fuck. Actually, I could teach you much, but yoy are just a dumb ass poser.

sweetwilliamisdead wrote:
Bakes wrote:
No predujice. There's no debate. Im entitled to my sarcastic opinion like the rest of you all.. Some people don't appreciate sarcasm. Fine. This is politics. I'm right, you''re wrong. Get over it..

o man your right im getting over it but its just taking me so long cause this is so important. i wish i had as good a sense of humor as you but im just a real dry guy. Arguing politics is really what i live for so i just cant help but get carried away. just a note, a new childman has been proclaimed king turd of shit mountain. the new king was able to gain power despite stating that lala land was his favorite place to be. the childmen group has long held this kingdom with no challenge to their rule and found that a ruler envious of lala land was the man for the job. the childman ethnic group, which physically grow the same as humans but fail to reach mental and emotional maturity, seems especially adapt for the shit mountain environment. The new kings first act was to announce the infallability of his opinion and he is manuevering to bring the legal oppression of the eduacated to new highs as well as mandating that all books that arent fairytales be burned. The biggest problem facing the new king is the recent trend of normal human adults migrating into the region, these adults are spoiling the childmens fun and have been trying to promote the radical idea of science, which has ruffled many feathers. Usually adults are only brought into the country to do jobs that arent fun or that require intense focus and thought. If the new turd in charge doesnt do something fast shit mountain could become a place of responsiblity and higher level thought, this deeply troubles many shit mountain citizens who hold that fun and logic cant coexist and believe such occurrences would greatly stain the history of their region. these are facts and the meaning they point to is undebatable and obvious. sorry I cant stop posting things that are so meaningful and serious, i could learn so much from you.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#200349 2 years ago
you live for debate. puting that associates degree in civics to work. good for you..
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

#200354 2 years ago
Bakes wrote:
you live for debate. puting that associates degree in civics to work. good for you..

that is a good one, but lucky for my nondegree having dumb fuck poser ass i dont have to even have to attempt debating you and your wealth of knowledge that your keeping in your mind. Sorrry you dont like my attempt at sarcasm, i must of done it wrong you seemed so fond of it before. anyways like you said im entitled to my sarcastic opinion and some people wont like that. fine.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#200356 2 years ago
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds