• Topics not covered in other forums.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#199768 1 year, 11 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
tdog wrote:
Can you tell me what you're so scared of ?
I'm scared that your vote counts the same as mine, but not because of your choice for Romney. One of my brothers in life is a staunch conservative, and I'd take a bullet for him. We're on other planets when it comes to politics, but he never strikes me as a lunatic. How someone arrives at their choice is important. The result itself not so much.

BTW, what is your avatar ? Looks like a picture of a woman with a hijab on ? Please, not implying anything and correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.
Freedom is truth.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#199769 1 year, 11 months ago
Conservatives are in sore need for the likes of William F. Buckley, Jr. Both parties are. The lack of true intellectuals, who are also creative thinkers by nature, is a significant part of why our political landscape is so barren. I've never been entirely clear why America likes to demonize and marginalize such great minds. I estimate it is an extension and projection of their own self-loathing. They don't appreciate it when someone makes them feel more stupid than they already know they are. It's why we take that cockeyed stance that we want our leaders to be just like us.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#199792 1 year, 11 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Conservatives are in sore need for the likes of William F. Buckley, Jr. Both parties are. The lack of true intellectuals, who are also creative thinkers by nature, is a significant part of why our political landscape is so barren. I've never been entirely clear why America likes to demonize and marginalize such great minds. I estimate it is an extension and projection of their own self-loathing. They don't appreciate it when someone makes them feel more stupid than they already know they are. It's why we take that cockeyed stance that we want our leaders to be just like us.

Agree with the Buckley take. Be nice to have a TV show like Firing Line back.

BTW, I if you really knew me, you'd take a bullet for me too
Freedom is truth.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#199793 1 year, 11 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
irishqueenie wrote:
READ A BOOK??? listen ... i lived thru 2 bushes and a reagan!!! Fuck ROMNEY and his idea of change!

Queenie, I have got to meet you soon. I just love the way you think!!

Guess I still don't get what the issue is and the Romney-hate. But then I'm a complete moron and I'm male.
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by tdog.
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#200028 1 year, 11 months ago
tdog wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
irishqueenie wrote:
READ A BOOK??? listen ... i lived thru 2 bushes and a reagan!!! Fuck ROMNEY and his idea of change!

Guess I still don't get what the issue is and the Romney-hate. But then I'm a complete moron and I'm male.

tdog, let me try to sum it up for you. Your candidate of choice and his party are anti-gay, believing that same-sex couples shouldn't be entitled to the same equal rights as everyone else because they're different. They treat women as second class citizens who are incapable of making their own health care decisions. They are racist. I mean do I really need to go on?

Many DeadHeads belong to these "marginalized" groups. So I hope you understand that when one of us, in this case you, would not only vote for someone who would discriminate against many of your brothers and sisters, but also encourage others here to do the same would cause some bad feelings. Understand?

Let Your Freak Flag Fly
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by jodiah.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#200036 1 year, 11 months ago
I used to respect others political views. Now I just hate conservatives. Anybody who votes for Romney is a fucking idiot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#200046 1 year, 11 months ago
This thread pretty much sums up the political climate in the USA. The poly-ticks have you exactly where they want you: divided and arguing among yourselves.

United we stand and divided we fall. When we're divided and arguing among ourselves, the poly-ticks can do whatever they want.

This is why I gave up on Republicans and Democrats. Well I never liked Republicans to begin with

Consider voting Libertarian or Green Party or whatever third party is available in your State. You'll respect yourself in the morning.
These are the good old days!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jodiah
devtmm
Junior Boarder

#200060 1 year, 11 months ago
[quote="jodiah" post=200028][quote="tdog" post=199793]SunshineSue wrote:
irishqueenie wrote:

tdog, let me try to sum it up for you. Your candidate of choice and his party are anti-gay, believing that same-sex couples shouldn't be entitled to the same equal rights as everyone else because they're different. They treat women as second class citizens who are incapable of making their own health care decisions. They are racist. I mean do I really need to go on?

Talk about ignorant, over reaching comment....

Women Second Class Citizens? How? What exactly are you talking about? How have Republicans fixed the system so women are incapable of making their own health care decisions? Last I checked anyone can get abortions...Shit the NYC schools hand out emergency day after contraception with out parental consent.

Rascist How? Tell me exactly what you consider rascist polict.

Liberals are such hypocrites....you preach and try to shape and control everyone but live your lives to different standards..

Liberal policies have destroyed everything they have ever tried to improve (poverty...worse education....worse.....foreign policy worse....economy worse)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#200076 1 year, 11 months ago
Fact: Conservatives have significantly less gray matter in their brains than more liberal minded folks. Don't bother explaining the big picture or altruism. They don't, or can't, understand it. Most are selfish and scared, or the other way around.
Fact: Conservatives, tend to the rich and big business, yet have a poor unedumacated base that apparently are too starry eyed in ideals to recognize they are being sold snake oil.
Fact: Conservatives are flakes. Sorry, but it's true.
FACT: His own party is abandoning Mittens cause the placebo effect of the snake oil the party was counting on is wearing off. Mittens has no game.

I've been avoiding the fact checking and BS campaign stuff debate that is nothing more than mostly politics (and mostly lies from Republicans).

Why would anyone still support Mittens? I don't get it. He has no plan. He is no good for any of us. Is it because he is black? Is it because he didn't pull a miracle out of the Republican tsunami. Where is Mittens plan? The guys a false front that is quickly crumbling. Rant over.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#200082 1 year, 11 months ago
^^^^ theres more of the classic "open mind and caring attitude"what a crock enjoy your double standard hippcrite
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds