• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196296 1 year, 10 months ago
One could also argue that since Clinton failed to kill Bin Laden when he had multiple chances that we got 9/11 and 3k innocent people killed and the twin towers knocked down. Clinton was too busy enjoying the "perks" of being president I guess Sounds sorta like the guy in there now actually. The celebrity president !

Whatever. Obama's foreign policy as his other policies are a disaster. It's time to give someone else a try IMHO.

Romney il-legalizing abortion ? Really ? When ? That would take an impossible act of Congress and the courts to overrule the law of the land. Aint going to happen. Simply more propaganda.
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by tdog.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#196303 1 year, 10 months ago
I need no lesson in Civics, that veto pen is dusty>> Obama has only Veto 2 Bills in 4 yrs. (historically unheard of)

when is the last time that a President has nominated a Justice that was not sharing in their ideology?

Congress passed "KENNEDY CARE", so if you want to send a thank you card............every president in recent history has tried to solve the health-care entitlement issue including Bush, who had it set as his top priority until we went to war.

T-Dog I really appreciate your willingness to have a discussion, and please know my strong words are not directed at you, I just have this Jaded attitude toward the "taking points". So I apologize if it come across as a joust to you.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#196307 1 year, 10 months ago
tdog wrote:
One could also argue that since Clinton failed to kill Bin Laden when he had multiple chances that we got 9/11 and 3k innocent people killed and the twin towers knocked down. Clinton was too busy enjoying the "perks" of being president I guess Sounds sorta like the guy in there now actually. The celebrity president !

Whatever. Obama's foreign policy as his other policies are a disaster. It's time to give someone else a try IMHO.

Romney il-legalizing abortion ? Really ? When ? That would take an impossible act of Congress and the courts to overrule the law of the land. Aint going to happen. Simply more propaganda.

ok you dragged me back...who was in office on 9/11? Who got reports sent to them on vacation in august 2001 of an impending terrorist attack... and did nothing. Thats right Bush. As far as foreign policy I have a step son who just went into the service and I don't want him put in harms way for a bogus war. Last I checked Obama has got us into no wars..even with all the upheaval in the middle east. As far as abortion you are pretty clueless. Let me be of help. The president does appoint Supreme Court judges. The next president is probably going to get to nominate at least 2 judges in the next 4 years. If the balance of power in the court shifts to more conservative appointments (its currently generally 5-4 in favor of conservatives) you can bet your ass that there will be a challenge made to Roe vs Wade. If the Supreme Court overturns it congress doesn't have to do shit. If the Republicans had a stronger candidate there is a good chance I would have voted for him/her. Even amongst Republican politicians there are many who are leary of Romney---their support is luke warm.
Finally barring some earht shattering event-- this election is allready over. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for ya thanks for playing. Oh & if you don't believe me tdog I'll gladly make a wager with you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: B-Rad
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

#196308 1 year, 10 months ago
SkiNose wrote:
Ummmm... no matter how you slice it, The Teabagger congress has done absolutely nothing but block everything Obama has tried to do.

get your facts straight jack... all you are doing is spouting right wing propaganda.

Just noting that Obama had both houses of congress for half his term and did little with it. The healthcare got passed which is an unrealistic and ill concived solution to a viable problem. His attempts to stimulate the economy was quite a laughable idea and can already be seen as a failure. Yes the economy was already in big trouble when he took office but his policies have had no real success. Outside of that many of his promises have been falsities. His first day in office he promised to close guantanamo bay, that has failed to take place. He resigned the patriot act which violates constitutional rights. He sent more troops overseas, to fight unjust conflicts which are further bankrupting use. yes we were already there fighting but he chose to surge in afghanistan, and the acts to remove all combat troops from Iraq was signed by Bush it just took effect during Obama's term. He has had a tough time to be the president but his performance has been less than adequate, that opinion ive heard from many both conservative and liberal.

That being said im not exactly shitting sunshine about romney. His record in Ma was more moderate than anything else and he definetly is willing to spew some bs to get a vote, but so is Obama as time has shown. the element of social conservativism in the republican party which is often based on biase and ill informed logic is unfortunate, but those are minor issues compared to fiscal matters and policy which right now greatly impact the future of our nation. I dont know if he will be more fiscally responsible than Obama or not, but Obama has proven in office that he has no problem piling on to the debt. The writing is on every wall in the room and he is staring at the floor, my generation and younger will be paying heavily our whole lives for decisions already made over the last 12 years and those which will come to pass. I think they are both lousy fork tongued politicians but one has had a opportunity and failed, maybe it would be better to try someone else.

If you are a truly open minded individual I would recommend you start looking into third party candidates and find someone who you can actually believe in and support them. No vote is wasted, the more third party votes that come in the more viable an option it will be held as in the future by the general public. I think it is more than apparent that the two party system is broken, this thread has plenty of evidence that points to this fact. the candidates both democratic and rebuplican are part of politcal machines fueled by corporate money. It would seem that if all options are considered inaquedate & corrupt that the system is in need of alteration and theres only one direction to go and it still be an election, so more candidates and a general greater openmindedness to divsere forms of policy and thought is needed. the polarity currently in politics is unobjective and we already flirt with peril to much to continue this petty power struggle.

Anyways, thats my piece, im only 21 so what do I know ? I barely wear big boy shoes. I would just say everyone should keep an open mind and educate yourself through other means than the mainstream media.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#196310 1 year, 10 months ago
ecojaded, it's cool. i have to catch myself a lot of times to stop from offending others. it's hard. and you know what makes it all that much harder is the lying and propaganda put out there by the "news" media on a daily basis. it's so infuriating. we need facts and we're not getting them unless we pay attention.

i'm impressed and surprised, although i shouldn't be, that deadheads can talk politics without resorting to name calling and anger. it's really impressive actually in this day and age where everyone seems to just talk over everyone else. heads that i've met are always extremely cool peeps. just try having this conversation on the huffington post or breitbart or any number of other "news" internet blog sites. simply a disaster. nobody listens.

peace man.
Freedom is truth.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#196312 1 year, 10 months ago
More power to you for starting the thread, even if I disagree with you on every point!

First of all, the Romney/Ryan plan has even more "cuts" to Medicare that the Obama plan. However, Obama's cuts are specifically to address fraud, abuse and non-value added services like Medicare Advantage. However the Ryan plan then goes on to totally dismantle Medicare over the next 15 years, turning all control over to the for-profit insurance industry and wiping out any kind of a safety net for Seniors and the disabled. And he INCREASES the Federal deficit while doing it. Just look at Mitt's comment this week about "Everybody in the US has health care- they can all get in an ambulance and go to the emergency room". He doesn't have a clue or a plan!!

But above all, anyone who votes for Mitt needs to look directly into the eyes of any women in their life and say "I don't care if you get violently raped and become pregnant. You're carrying that pregnancy to term and reliving the horror of the assault every day for 9 months". If that's how you feel about women and their rights, then by all means go ahead and vote for Mitt. And don't even try to tell me that it's not an important issue, because it most certainly is!! There is no more profound invasion of civil rights than trying to dictate what someone can or can't do with their own bodies.

Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, jodiah, Walstib1957, Phred
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#196334 1 year, 10 months ago
The bottom line on Medicare is that it's bankrupt. It cannot continue the way it is. The math doesn't work.

What Romney and Ryan are TRYING to do is have a conversation on how to FIX it for future generations. They aren't changing anything for older people. They want to come up with a plan THAT WILL WORK for younger folks though. But, so far, their plan has fallen on deaf ears. Obama won't have any of it lest he lose some voters like you, SunShine , -- yes, it's your vote and nobody's arguing with that at all . His first priority is getting re-elected and pushing all of us FORWARD. Forward to where he won't say.

Anyway, we need some adult conversation in Washington. Just burying our heads in the sand and moving forward is a recipe for disaster. Greece anyone ?

Good luck.
Freedom is truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
NewHampshireJed
Junior Boarder

#196360 1 year, 10 months ago
tdog,

hats off to you brother, it takes a lot of guts to make this kind of tread here. I have been pleasantly surprised when discussing politics here though, heads seem to be older, seen more things and even mostly liberal, you can have an open courteous discussion with them.

I am not a fan of Romney but even less of an Obama fan. The things that kill me are the rhetoric that the left spews against him. For anyone who thinks that secret video of Romney was bad, my question to them is "did you actually watch it?" He is right and it's not insulting at all. He was saying that 47% of people are going to vote for Obama no matter what, he can't worry about getting their vote. HE'S RIGHT! I understand he made the comment about them being dependent on the govt, well the actual number of people receiving govt assistance is around 40%, while the number was incorrect it was an off the cuff remark stating the general state of things. Of course this doesn't mean that that 40% is completely dependent, just that they are getting some form of money, after all, O has loosened up requirements for people so so much of our tax dollars are being wasted.

And the war on women, this is more propaganda, no one is going to overturn Roe v Wade, there are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO, like get our economy out of the toilet and stop this ridiculous spending.

Romney is a flip flopper at its worst, that is frustrating for an ex Mass-hole and a very moderate conservative. He would have a bigger fan base if he didn't have to pander that the awful religious right.

And to everyone who said Bush got us into this mess and he is just the worst president ever ever ever. Do a little research into why we got into the recession. Hint: "Everyone should own a home!" The same person encouraged greedy corporations (make no mistake, they are greedy as fuck) to loan money to anyone who wants a home (because everyone should be treated fairly and coddled), and guess what, most of them couldn't pay them back! This person also lifted regulations that were put into place after the Great Depression because of Wall St, then guess what happened, the same thing again. Bush made things worse with his wars, no question, but he did not lay the seeds that caused all this...
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels
The following user(s) said Thank You: devtmm, tdog
NewHampshireJed
Junior Boarder

#196367 1 year, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:

But above all, anyone who votes for Mitt needs to look directly into the eyes of any women in their life and say "I don't care if you get violently raped and become pregnant. You're carrying that pregnancy to term and reliving the horror of the assault every day for 9 months". If that's how you feel about women and their rights, then by all means go ahead and vote for Mitt. And don't even try to tell me that it's not an important issue, because it most certainly is!! There is no more profound invasion of civil rights than trying to dictate what someone can or can't do with their own bodies.

Sue,

you seem like a great person from your online personality, but this is an ignorant and disgusting statement. Of course no one will be upset by this because it's against Republicans (who are ALL just SOOOOO evil, right everyone lol).
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#196378 1 year, 10 months ago
Jed, your signature just made me wonder when we'll hear a Ship Of Fools on this tour ?

Boy, that song is surely apropos for this government we're living under right now Long live Robert Hunter !

"But I would slave to learn the way to sink your Ship Of Fools !"

No, one guy is not going to solve our problems but we have to, we MUST stop the current trajectory. We know what doesn't work and his name is Barack H. Obama (and GWBush and Jimmy Carter and ...).

I'm still waiting for a cogent thought as to why Obama deserves a second term.
Freedom is truth.
Time to create page: 1.28 seconds