• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196253 1 year, 10 months ago
First off I am independent.... & I am embaressed to admit I voted for Bush in 2000 ( and his dad before him). I'm not going to rehash history but lets just say his 2 terms will go (and have allready been proclaimed as such by some) as one of the worst if not the worst presidents in history. Let me also add both parties are corrupt... as are most politicians. That said while I am not thrilled with Obamas first term... he had a god awful mess to clean up. If the republicans had a decent candidate I might have voted for that candidate. But, if you pay close attention and folllow Romneys history he is nothing but a lackey for the rich and powerful. He flip flops positions more often than Mcdonalds flips burgers. One of his supposed achievements that he touts is that he passed a balance budget every year he was in office in Massachusetts..sounds great...except it is Massachusetts state law!!! Every Massachsetts governer passes a balanced budget!!!!! ..and with his recent 47% comment he couldn't make it any clearer who is pulling his puppet strings. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. IMHO this guy would be a disaster for the country (unless you are in the 1%...)
devtmm
Junior Boarder

#196254 1 year, 10 months ago
No matter how you slice it. Obama has been a total failure in terms of the economy and foreign policy.

The facts clearly demonstrate those two areas are far worse and not improving.

This is a direct result of his policies. His. Although he inhereted a tough situation. It is now far worse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#196259 1 year, 10 months ago
Ummmm... no matter how you slice it, The Teabagger congress has done absolutely nothing but block everything Obama has tried to do.

get your facts straight jack... all you are doing is spouting right wing propaganda.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, B-Rad, DrippingColors, Phred, avettsister, mplsdeadhead92
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#196262 1 year, 10 months ago
SkiNose, now THAT is propaganda ! What has Obama tried to do that has been blocked ? He won't even meet with Congress. Not to mention sounding like a little whining kid -- "they keep blocking me, wah". Hey, Obama, nut up and be a leader !!!!!!

Let's have a discussion. Defend your guy. Positive vibrations. Not bashing me ! What does that prove ? Nothing. Makes you look like you don't have any facts, just accusations. Hey, sorta like Obama
Freedom is truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NewHampshireJed
devtmm
Junior Boarder

#196268 1 year, 10 months ago
First of all I do not spout anything....the only propaganda being spouted is through the Media on a daily basis.

Second of all Obama had Congress sewn up tight and didn't address anything.

Personally I don't think Romney is the strong inspirational leader that our country needs at this time however he is what is needed to change the direction of the country from the current neo european government dependency model that is evolving.

History will judge Obama and it won't be kind.

And please...you don't have to resort to insults just because people have a different political point of view
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#196276 1 year, 10 months ago
no matter which candidate you choose in this political paradigm...
you'll still get the same gov't....

go 3rd party...

if you don't want more war....
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Walstib1957
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#196278 1 year, 10 months ago
I actually think it is very cool that 'heads' can argue politics every once in a while. I myself would characterize me as a "Republicrat". I am a fiscal conservative and social liberal to a point. Perhaps we could list the top 10 Dicks in both parties.

Dick Morris. Bloated blowhard
Lawrence Donnell Vicious
Rachel Maddow. Feminazi
Steve 'Douchey"
Mitch McConnell Turtle face
Karl Rove sly ass
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by newyawker.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#196282 1 year, 10 months ago
If you are hoping that either one will shape this countries fiscal policy YOUR WRONG; We are is some much debt (War is expensive/freedom isn't free) that the IMF board will do more to influence our economy more then any one man at a prop desk.

If you are hoping that either one of these candidates will pass laws to make this country a better place YOUR WRONG; Congress runs the hill.....and sub-committees chambers is where the biz/ I mean work gets done.

If you are hoping that by voting for one or the other that it will have some great impact on your life; YOUR WRONG you can do more to influence your own life then politicians. Not saying that what they do does not affect us, but some people act like "if they pass this law, my life is over. THEY ARE ALSO WRONG

If you feel that by voting for one person every 4 years will change the entire course of our nation; they win and you go back to being complacent.

THE DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA WORKED-accept it !

3.5 cents, I will take my response on air
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saylorsong
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#196285 1 year, 10 months ago
I disagree. The president still holds the power to veto anything Congress comes up.

The Constitution spells out 3 co-equal branches of federal government: The Executive (president), Legislative (congress), and the Judicial (supreme court). I think it matters who holds the veto pen.

That brings up another point though, If Obama gets re-elected he will possibly have a chance to name another Supreme Court judge. Given his history (appointing Kagan, Sotomayor (sp) -- both activist judges/leftists). Given the court ruling (no, it's not constitutional to force citizens to pay for healthcare or pay a penalty or go to jail) on the unconstitutional law, aptly named Obamacare, this should scare any freedom-loving American on its own !

It's not a tax, it's a tax. OMG, the tyranny of it !
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by tdog.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#196294 1 year, 10 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
If you are hoping that either one will shape this countries fiscal policy YOUR WRONG; We are is some much debt (War is expensive/freedom isn't free) that the IMF board will do more to influence our economy more then any one man at a prop desk.

If you are hoping that either one of these candidates will pass laws to make this country a better place YOUR WRONG; Congress runs the hill.....and sub-committees chambers is where the biz/ I mean work gets done.

If you are hoping that by voting for one or the other that it will have some great impact on your life; YOUR WRONG you can do more to influence your own life then politicians. Not saying that what they do does not affect us, but some people act like "if they pass this law, my life is over. THEY ARE ALSO WRONG

If you feel that by voting for one person every 4 years will change the entire course of our nation; they win and you go back to being complacent.

THE DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA WORKED-accept it !

3.5 cents, I will take my response on air

Alot of truth in this post. Its in the position of commander-in-chief that the president DOES affect lives. Ask the families of all the poor kids ( US soldiers) who lost their lives fighting in Iraq..for what? Economically we spent 2 Billion a week on this unjusitified war. Furthur all that money was borrowed... so the interest is piling up on all future presidents just like a maxed out credit card. If we spent all that money in the US we could have employed alot of people fixing our infrastructure, building new schools and bridges..and paying down debt. Lastly I find it funny that all the super right wing republicans who told us in 2008 that Obama couldn't handle the commander in chief position....seem to fail to mention it was Obama who made the call to go in and kill Bin Laden successfully with no loss of us lives and that took balls... alot of stuff could have gone wrong and republicans would be GLORIFYING that failure if it did fail. .... Bush had years..and failed. Finally the only argument Romney and his supporters make is that Obamas' administration is a failure.. I don't see it that way I'd give him a C plus. As far as the Supreme Court if you want abortion made illiegal vote Romney. A giant step backwards. I've said my peace and now I'll get out...
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds