The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: Ratdog westcoast post harvest tour

#203439 1 year, 6 months ago
tdog wrote:
illuminaughty wrote:
good to know lewis.

i have always associated ratdog with older heads, like people who saw jerry, and arent looking for a band to recreate yesterday.
young folks, who might have never seen GD, or even 98 TOO, tend to prefer phils bands cause they sound more like the GD, and if thats what you looking for, furthur, or phil and friends is more up that alley.
i like the GD meets miles davis, sound of ratdog, plus i prefer Mark on guitar, and Jay on drums. i wouldnt mind if phil played bass for ratdog, as long as he didnt sing.

For me, it's always been about the songs. I like the Hunter/Garcia songs better than the Ratdog original stuff. So, I prefer Furthur to Ratdog. I was around to see the Dead a number of times starting in the mi-80's so I suppose I'm an "older head" relatively speaking nowadays (sure don't feel like it though as I remember them when I was a kid in the early 70's too). Sure, Ratdog jams some of the old GD stuff too but it's not about that as much as them doing their own thing. It's why I've never been a fan of Phish either, their songs suck !

Dude, you are so obviously not on the bus, nor were you ever. Deadheads for Romney? Give me a break.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Ratdog westcoast post harvest tour

#203444 1 year, 6 months ago
I know I miss them - not to mean I like them better then Furthur cause Furthur has really been killing it and I've seen them a lot more and all that stuff but I still love Ratdog.

icon_ratdog_2012-10-09.gif
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds