Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

Re: Ratdog westcoast post harvest tour

#196965 2 years ago
Denver Man wrote:
Blues_Power wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
I love ratdog ... not as much as Furthur but more than PL&F.

more than PLF?

Unless PL&F has Warren Haynes. But the whole Phil and Sons thing hasn't worked for me.

i totally agree with that!
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#196978 2 years ago
illuminaughty wrote:
im goin start hangin up lost dog flyers with a pic of ratdog on it around marin.

She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder

#197001 2 years ago
Having never seen them, I would love to get chance at some ratdog dates. I just dont see it happening with jayski, Im sure Primus just dumped a ton of money into their new 3D tour so I would think they are going to tour that for at least a year or 2. Being a Primus fan above all else, it would crush me if jay left for ratdog. In my opinion, with Jay on the drums we are at the pinnacle of Primus live shows. So yeah, I would love to see a ratdog tour but if its with Jay it'll be bitter sweet for me.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Ratdog Ran it's course

#197003 2 years ago
Let's get some Scaring the Childeren with Jackie Greene or some more WRG dates !

edit: they should add some keys to WRG, maybe Adam from CRB

She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by ecojaded.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#197012 2 years ago
Sugaree1 wrote:

Less control. WTF are you talking about? That is my point. You are an internet forum antagonist. One of the most cowardly things a person can be. I dont take it seriously enough to need to let anything "roll off my back" . Just saying it was nice to have a short time where there was less of that kind of BS on this forum. Your statement that i dont want to hear other opinions is contrary to what i said. I like to hear opinions. Its when opinions or belief are used to prove something. I can not argue with someone who says they prefer Ratdog to PLF or Furthur, nor would I. I do think its silly to make a correlation between that preference and "knowing" something someone else doesnt. Its an absurd way to think, imo. So to say I like Ratdog and think they are the best post Jerry band is different than saying Ratdog is the best post Jerry band, if you dont think so you probably did not see Jerry. I hope the difference is obvious.

We all have opinions. The assumption that anyones is more valid than anothers, especially iif they do not know the other person or have context to believe that they know something the othervdoesnt is silly. Im sorry you think I am rude. I disagree.

I don't know man. Your tone seems a bit angry. That's all. Can we just calm down ?

Actually, the best post-Jerry band IMHO was the 2003 version of The Dead. Caught them at Red Rocks and have some smoking CD sets from that run with Jimmy Herring tearing up some of the Jerry leads on Bertha, Stranger, etc. Damn good stuff. Yes, that wasn't the original comparison in this thread but maybe I can throw that out there without pissing too many forum members off.
Freedom is truth.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#197084 2 years ago
illuminaughty wrote:
young folks, who might have never seen GD, or even 98 TOO, tend to prefer phils bands cause they sound more like the GD, and if thats what you looking for, furthur, or phil and friends is more up that alley.
My reflex to this was "Screw you!", but you're more right than wrong. I'm not young enough to have missed GD, so I was privileged to be able to see them many times in the 80s and 90s. Even then, I was always more drawn to Primal Dead ('66-'69) and the 70s through 1978. Also have always been a Phil Zoner and drummer watcher. The thing I like about PL&F, and Furthur, is the way it feels like 1969 sent through a 1976 filter. I was surprised by how much some of the smaller PL&F shows felt like I was jettisoned back to a different time of the GD; one I wish I could've experienced and now somewhat could. Furthur quickly outgrew that feeling with the bigger venues, though. I never cared for what Bob did with his side bands, and Ratdog hasn't struck me any differently. I'm saddened by this because I'd like a backup to the Phil experience. Unfortunately, I cannot cue into Bob and his bands at all. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense because I'm a huge Bob fan within the GD of those older periods. He lost me in the 80s, and our paths have never really met again. Maybe if I could see Ratdog without a sax player I would feel differently, but I doubt it.

I'm glad for Phil that he can play with his sons, but I have very little interest with experiencing that myself. The recordings have done nothing for me. And as I've said elsewhere, the constantly revolving door of musicians does nothing for me. I prefer watching a band that can read each other and that has already found each other. Watching musicians fumble around as they search for each other on stage is far less desirable to me. I'd rather see a solid show than a show with a track or two, or a moment or two, of accidental explosion. I had enough of that with Jerry showing up a few minutes a show and being complacent the rest of the time.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#197137 2 years ago
for the record i would llike to state AGAIN, im not sayin i would like furthur to brreak up and ratdog to come back anymore thani want primus to break up, or mark not havin wens night in marin, im just sayin.
much like in the days of yore, when the mighty jerry roamed the earth, there was a such thing as "jerry band". now this band, didnt really compete with the GD when it came to ticket sales, and sometimes the setlist where just what jerry wanted to play, not anything else. and it was good. i view ratdog as bobs -jerry band. so to speak
Last Edit: 2 years ago by illuminaughty. Reason: ratsdog wootykins
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#197141 2 years ago
ok, ii posted the last post before iread all that cray cray drama.
i dont know what is wrogn with people.
of course everything i type say whatverrer is my opinion, no fact. should i preface everything i say with that. i have no idea who likes what band for what reasons. all i know is what i experience,which lead to myopinions, which differ from other peopls sometims but thats ok, cause im good enough, im smart enough, and gosh darn it, those solar flarres are making folks act crasy
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#203390 2 years ago
i still want my dog back
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#203393 2 years ago
I do. I miss easy to slip.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die