• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Re: Ratdog westcoast post harvest tour

#196528 1 year, 10 months ago
not missing them. like burt or bill or whatever said, if rd came to home town. Otherwise not. Furthur anyday.
Chester
More or less in line

#196542 1 year, 10 months ago
I'd love to see Ratdog again. But not if it meant no more Furthur. And I don't want to go on tour with them.
I love Furthur, but Ratdog was always fun.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#196553 1 year, 10 months ago
I think ratdog relied on Bobby a little too much and were kinda limited as to where they could take the music. I like that Furthur allows Bob OR Phil to kinda take charge and set the pace. From day one, Ive thought Phil brings a little more to the table and compels Bob to step up his game a bit. Furthur is the best I've seen since the GD, but that's just me.
-- smell every flower --
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#196904 1 year, 10 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
good to know lewis.

i have always associated ratdog with older heads, like people who saw jerry, and arent looking for a band to recreate yesterday.
young folks, who might have never seen GD, or even 98 TOO, tend to prefer phils bands cause they sound more like the GD, and if thats what you looking for, furthur, or phil and friends is more up that alley.
i like the GD meets miles davis, sound of ratdog, plus i prefer Mark on guitar, and Jay on drums. i wouldnt mind if phil played bass for ratdog, as long as he didnt sing.

i actually like ratdog, i just prefer phil's interpretations of the music. phil would never be in ratdog bob wouldn't allow it. ratdog is bob's gig. you can't have a phil lesh in there.

we can catch some west coast ratbob shows this fall when he announces the dates
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#196907 1 year, 10 months ago
I'm listening to Ratdog from 9/25/01 right now.
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#196930 1 year, 10 months ago
Well i prefer Furthur>PLF>ratdog. Just my preference. You know what that is illuminaughty, a preference? It means one isnt better than the other, i just like it better. Maybe you should familiarize yourself with the concept instead of making such moronic statements. You basically said, if you were old enough to see Jerry you would like Ratdog better. How dumb does that sound? You know what everybody
Who saw the GD would prefer between the post jerry bands? Wow, thats amazing, you must be god. Are you Charles Webster Baer from Oregon? Haha

What is up with this board lately? Its like San Fran 1969. There was a short period of bliss, then it caught on, and now thereva bunch of fuck heads around acting like idiots. No offense, there are a billion other sites out there where being an antagonistic, short sighted dick is the norm. It would be nice to have one site that is different. It seemed like we did. Ok now back to regularly scheduled programming.
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#196941 1 year, 10 months ago
i miss the jazz-blues sound of the dog...really dig wasserman in the lineup...have been a fan of his since lou reid's new york and the weir-wass/jgb tour of 89
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#196947 1 year, 10 months ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
Well i prefer Furthur>PLF>ratdog. Just my preference. You know what that is illuminaughty, a preference? It means one isnt better than the other, i just like it better. Maybe you should familiarize yourself with the concept instead of making such moronic statements. You basically said, if you were old enough to see Jerry you would like Ratdog better. How dumb does that sound? You know what everybody
Who saw the GD would prefer between the post jerry bands? Wow, thats amazing, you must be god. Are you Charles Webster Baer from Oregon? Haha

What is up with this board lately? Its like San Fran 1969. There was a short period of bliss, then it caught on, and now thereva bunch of fuck heads around acting like idiots. No offense, there are a billion other sites out there where being an antagonistic, short sighted dick is the norm. It would be nice to have one site that is different. It seemed like we did. Ok now back to regularly scheduled programming.

You sound bitter that you never saw the GD. And your takes are rude. No offense of course.

And, as far as this board goes, what seems to be the problem with having new and different opinions than your own coming in ? Is it that you have less control over the discussions than you did before ? Or what ?

There's always been rifts between older and newer heads. The biggest example being the "Touch Heads" after '87 In The Dark record that clashed with the longer time older heads who resented them coming onto their scene and bringing different expectations and not displaying the same Dead Head etiquette that the older heads had cultured over the years.

I just roll with it. You should to with regard to this forum. Make it better, don't criticize.
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by tdog.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#196951 1 year, 10 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
good to know lewis.

i have always associated ratdog with older heads, like people who saw jerry, and arent looking for a band to recreate yesterday.
young folks, who might have never seen GD, or even 98 TOO, tend to prefer phils bands cause they sound more like the GD, and if thats what you looking for, furthur, or phil and friends is more up that alley.
i like the GD meets miles davis, sound of ratdog, plus i prefer Mark on guitar, and Jay on drums. i wouldnt mind if phil played bass for ratdog, as long as he didnt sing.

For me, it's always been about the songs. I like the Hunter/Garcia songs better than the Ratdog original stuff. So, I prefer Furthur to Ratdog. I was around to see the Dead a number of times starting in the mi-80's so I suppose I'm an "older head" relatively speaking nowadays (sure don't feel like it though as I remember them when I was a kid in the early 70's too). Sure, Ratdog jams some of the old GD stuff too but it's not about that as much as them doing their own thing. It's why I've never been a fan of Phish either, their songs suck !
Freedom is truth.
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#196964 1 year, 10 months ago
tdog wrote:
Sugaree1 wrote:

You sound bitter that you never saw the GD. And your takes are rude. No offense of course.

And, as far as this board goes, what seems to be the problem with having new and different opinions than your own coming in ? Is it that you have less control over the discussions than you did before ? Or what ?

There's always been rifts between older and newer heads. The biggest example being the "Touch Heads" after '87 In The Dark record that clashed with the longer time older heads who resented them coming onto their scene and bringing different expectations and not displaying the same Dead Head etiquette that the older heads had cultured over the years.

I just roll with it. You should to with regard to this forum. Make it better, don't criticize.

Less control. WTF are you talking about? That is my point. You are an internet forum antagonist. One of the most cowardly things a person can be. I dont take it seriously enough to need to let anything "roll off my back" . Just saying it was nice to have a short time where there was less of that kind of BS on this forum. Your statement that i dont want to hear other opinions is contrary to what i said. I like to hear opinions. Its when opinions or belief are used to prove something. I can not argue with someone who says they prefer Ratdog to PLF or Furthur, nor would I. I do think its silly to make a correlation between that preference and "knowing" something someone else doesnt. Its an absurd way to think, imo. So to say I like Ratdog and think they are the best post Jerry band is different than saying Ratdog is the best post Jerry band, if you dont think so you probably did not see Jerry. I hope the difference is obvious.

We all have opinions. The assumption that anyones is more valid than anothers, especially iif they do not know the other person or have context to believe that they know something the othervdoesnt is silly. Im sorry you think I am rude. I disagree.
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds