• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
reb
Visitor

Jackie Greene Duo playing 5/3/11 in Fairfiled CT

#19507 3 years, 2 months ago
I found out that the Jackie Greene performance I am seeing at the Fairfield Theatre's Stage One venue is actually the "Jackie Greene Duo", which includes Chris Robinson of the Black Crowes.

I am very much looking forward to seeing my first Jackie G performance in an intimate setting of 200 seats.

The "Jackie Greene Duo" had been scheduled to play at the Nateva Festival in August, but that event has been cancelled.

fairfieldtheatre.org/
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by .
sam2448
Junior Boarder

Re: Jackie Greene Duo playing 5/3/11 in Fairfiled CT

#19520 3 years, 2 months ago
that's fucking awesome, can't wait to hear what these two guys can do together.
reb
Visitor

#19657 3 years, 2 months ago
Hey sam2448, Thanks. Your comments have me anticipating the show even more. I will post about it when I get back.
Queen Jane
Fresh Boarder

#20315 3 years, 2 months ago
Hey now, I was there last night as well. What a amazing show!!! Love that venue too. I'm looking for the offical setlist. Any idea where I can find it?
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Queen Jane.
reb
Visitor

#20360 3 years, 2 months ago
Hi Queen Jane, I have to say that it was an absolutely awesome experience to see Jackie Greene perform solo acoustic. Nate Dale who accompanied is also a very accomplished and equally amazing to watch.

It was a slice of heaven for me to hear Jackie in such an intimate situation. In my opinion when he belted out "Honey I've been thinking of you" it was the highlight of the evening.

After set break he performed a couple of tunes from CD "Giving up the Ghost" that I recognized. He did my favorite tune from it "Uphill Mountain." I love the lyrics to that tune.

I am checking:
setlist.com/
However it is not yet posting for shows on 5/3/11.

I am also keep my eye on:
www.archive.org/search.php?query=jackie%...20collection%3Aetree

I saw one taper and I regret not getting his info. He was in Row F center so that is going to be a delicious tape. I was sitting alongside in seat 113. There wasn't a bad seat in that house.

I see a number of folks who attended listed on the Jambase pages:
www.jambase.com/shows/event.aspx?EventID=1436961
I was considering pursing them through their FB, if the set list doesn't appear shortly.

I am becoming a member of Fairfield Theatre after seeing that show and meeting the folks who attended. I became aware of its existence since I have family living in Fairfield. I live in NYC.

Please post here if you find the setlist first.

This performance was billed at the Stage One box office as the "Jackie Greene Duo" which includes Chris Robinson. I was happy to see it was Jackie and Nate solo instead.

edited for spelling!
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#20365 3 years, 2 months ago
maybe you can get the setlist here

jackiegreene.com/
reb
Visitor

#20377 3 years, 2 months ago
Hey tht, A great place you would think to find the set lists, but none are posted for any of his shows. Jackie writes a blog too, but nothing there either.

The best place to find any set lists at all for Jackie is:

www.archive.org/search.php?query=jackie%...20collection%3Aetree

I can't imagine that he isn't more wildly popular than he is right now.

He really reminds me of the early singer/songwriter Jerry Garcia. I am definitely enamored with Jackie Greene.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds