• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
NewHampshireJed
Junior Boarder

Re: U.S. killed Osama Bin Laden

#19424 3 years, 4 months ago
Abba wrote:
Curious that he was killed towards the end of the Obama admin....but killed none the less

Good things always happen when they want you to start thinking about elections again!

I remember when it was time for Bush we got a nice cut in gas prices. Do you think a dead Osama and lower gas prices is too much to ask this time around?? It would be especially nice come festival and tour time!!!
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
alicatst420
Fresh Boarder

#19426 3 years, 4 months ago
Obama was definitly proud of "his orders". & at the perfect time...nonetheless, atleast the bastards dead.
"Sign the Mona Lisa with a spray can, call it art"
Chester
More or less in line

#19427 3 years, 4 months ago
I do wonder how this will affect gas prices. The prices we currently pay, are unnecessary. The oil co.'s, are making record
profits. The price fluctuates based on fear and speculation. Not as much on supply and demand right now. This should help.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NewHampshireJed
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#19438 3 years, 4 months ago
glad hes dead but i suspect they will want some sort of payback for his death" eye for an eye leaves both blind"
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#19452 3 years, 4 months ago
I do wonder what is going to become of his death...83 you are right..an eye for an eye leave both blind
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
GKB
Senior Boarder
'Seems like i been here before"

#19458 3 years, 4 months ago
ya we got him after we lost over 3000 lives in the WTC and so many more since then. Thanks to our service members who volunteer to serve! stay vigilante, there will be blowback comming! Go Navy!(83'-89')
"If you get confused just listen to the music play"
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

#19462 3 years, 4 months ago
Abba wrote:
Curious that he was killed towards the end of the Obama admin....but killed none the less

I agree Obama scores some political points by his claim of killing Osama. However, whether or not Obama gets re-elected and if this is truly the end of his administration is yet to be seen. As an aside, I do find it unfortunate that after **decades** of the Grateful Dead refusing to get involved in politics, that the remaining members of the Dead broke their long standing tradition and formally endorsed a politician. They were on the right track before. Hopefully 2008 was the end of that blunder...

Chester wrote:
He was in Pakistan. They used a drone to spot him. Attacked him on the ground.

I've read about 25 articles on the OBL operation and none of them mentioned any drones. The articles quite clearly stated that this was the result of years of intelligence work. They found OBL's personal courier was living there, concluded OBL was there and did the hit with a Navy Seal team dropped into the compound via Blackhawks. It took all of 40 minutes.

...And for those who believe the claims that OBL is dead, there are also those who consider the claim of assassination without photos to be suspicious and perhaps an outright lie. In other assassinations the US has shown photos of the assassinated, such as Saddam's two sons, this time however, the assassination and at-sea "burial" are a done deal in under a half day. Very convenient indeed. And for those who know how frequently and deeply the government has outright lied to its citizens, especially over the past 60 years, its easy to take such a claim under such circumstances with a grain of salt. That being said, hopefully the news is true, because it is surely good news.

Have a nice day.
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#19488 3 years, 4 months ago
deadahead wrote:
Abba wrote:

I agree Obama scores some political points by his claim of killing Osama. However, whether or not Obama gets re-elected and if this is truly the end of his administration is yet to be seen. As an aside, I do find it unfortunate that after **decades** of the Grateful Dead refusing to get involved in politics, that the remaining members of the Dead broke their long standing tradition and formally endorsed a politician. They were on the right track before. Hopefully 2008 was the end of that blunder...

Chester wrote:
He was in Pakistan. They used a drone to spot him. Attacked him on the ground.

I've read about 25 articles on the OBL operation and none of them mentioned any drones. The articles quite clearly stated that this was the result of years of intelligence work. They found OBL's personal courier was living there, concluded OBL was there and did the hit with a Navy Seal team dropped into the compound via Blackhawks. It took all of 40 minutes.

...And for those who believe the claims that OBL is dead, there are also those who consider the claim of assassination without photos to be suspicious and perhaps an outright lie. In other assassinations the US has shown photos of the assassinated, such as Saddam's two sons, this time however, the assassination and at-sea "burial" are a done deal in under a half day. Very convenient indeed. And for those who know how frequently and deeply the government has outright lied to its citizens, especially over the past 60 years, its easy to take such a claim under such circumstances with a grain of salt. That being said, hopefully the news is true, because it is surely good news.

Have a nice day.

Reminds me of "1984"....
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#19489 3 years, 4 months ago
Way to go for all our troops, now lets see these gas prices go down!... cant wait to see what crazy conspiracy theories come out of this
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#19498 3 years, 4 months ago
Abba brought up some great points, right on

I think its rather funny we Americans celebrate death like this. Yes no doubt Bin laden was a bad man but they dont mention we the USA trained him. If we wanted him dead he would have been dead along time ago. Hell we had him in the Tora Bora mountains but miraculosly he escaped. Read the book Kill Bin Laden by Dalton Fury. Also many strategic plans set by the top secret delta force were shut down by higher authoritys. Notice the 45mins prior to president Barry Soetoro started talking no one mentioned the possiblity of bringing the boys back home. God damn i love this Country and i would sure as hell fight in a JUST war to defend it but comon people wake up! im sick of this freedom is free bullshit. I want to be able to smoke a bowl if i so choose i want a good economy to grow into, i want health care and most importantly i want to be FREE

- Dan
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muddy Das, Abba
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds