• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
reb
Visitor

Hey Ms.Jimp...

#19304 3 years, 4 months ago
I just read in anohter thread that you are going to see a Jackie Greene Show tonight.

I am going to my first Jackie Greene show Tuesday night in Fairfield CT and I would like to know a little bit about it before I get there.

I posted on the Music Talk section of Furthur Board earlier, but nobody responded.

He is playing a tiny venue (solo acoustic) and I was wondering if that is his usual style. It just seems to me that he would be playing to a much larger audience in a more metropolitan area.

But anyway I'd like to hear anything you might have to say about Jackie Greene.

Thank you.

www.furthur.net/forum/music-talk/19056-j...in-fairfield-ct-5311
sam2448
Junior Boarder

Re: Hey Ms.Jimp...

#19306 3 years, 4 months ago
seeing jackie in an acoustic setting is a rare treat, he's usually with the band. i was lucky enough to see him do an acoustic show about a year ago (not solo though, accompanied by his guitar player and a drummer) and it was really magical, even better than the times i've seen him electric with his band. expect a bunch of jackie originals and a couple of gd covers, maybe a beatles or dylan cover too. from my experiences seeing jackie, acoustic shows you get more breakouts, new covers, and songs that rarely get played in the electric setting which is real cool...
reb
Visitor

Re: Hey Ms.Jimp...

#19308 3 years, 4 months ago
fairfieldtheatre.org/

Hey now I am not sure if it is solo acoustic, only the picture on the venue website led me to beleive that. Hmm, I am going to have to give them a call to verify just what he is going to be doing.

From your comments I see I am going to be in for a treat no matter how he does it. I just can't figure out why he would be playing a 300 seater to begin with.
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds