• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Best Box Set out ?

#262672 1 year, 1 month ago
I'd recommend the Fillmore Complete Recordings, but two things: 1) the 16-track Kaplan/Healy transfers sound better than the official recordings 2) the box is out of print.

I like the way Steppin' Out sounds more than I do the '72 box set of the same dates. I think its a fair recommendation, but it is a bummer that is nothing more than a greatest hits of '72 set. It's too bad the entire '72 box doesn't sound that warm and rich.

If you don't have the GD Movie Soundtrack 5CD set, I think that might be where I'd send you next. It, like Steppin' Out, is another one of the better sounding Norman masterings. Has my all-time favorite, 32-minute Playing in the Band.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#262707 1 year, 1 month ago
I am gonna have to get the Winterland set for sure. I just got Jerry's All Good Time box set today, so I can finally put down my JG tapes and start listening to his albums on my ipod, ye haw!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#262752 1 year, 1 month ago
NYCDave-- Is right about about the sound and playing quality of Fillmore West 69 Complete. It is stellar. It is ofcourse permanently out of stock. If you can get one or get cdrs of it -- do so. Winterland 73 and 77 are great!
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#263267 1 year, 1 month ago
Formerly The Warlocks: Hampton October 1989 CD Box-

Does anyone have some input or information about this box set that they could share?
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#263269 1 year, 1 month ago
It's a pretty cool set, inside is a printing of the local newspaper article about it.

My mom, was interviewed and mentioned in it, is baby me. It talks about the Grateful Dead "family"
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#263278 1 year, 1 month ago
Thanks, appreciate that info.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds