• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

Re: When will Obama support MY civil rights?

#19549 3 years, 5 months ago
lostsailor wrote:

That's how other groups got their rights. And for some reason potheads think Jah will provide change. It's up to you.

What groups?
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#19952 3 years, 5 months ago
Abba wrote:
lostsailor wrote:

That's how other groups got their rights. And for some reason potheads think Jah will provide change. It's up to you.

What groups?

seriously? blacks. gays. sailors. kings and queens, too, I reckon. Horse jockeys. taxi drivers. various religious groups. yellow people, brown people, hippies, the poor, the homeless, veterans. Medical marijuana patients. transgender/transexuals. minorities. humanities and non-humanities. Hmongs, Tibetans- well, they are not doing so well as a group... . Buddhists. Lawyers and Indian chiefs. Strippers! prostitutes. Unions! I could go on and on.

But not potheads. Why? Because they can't be bothered. Politicians use potheads to show they are tough on crime. Scared mother groups rail on about the slippery slope, and science is thwarted to hide the benefits or relative harmlessness of pot. But if every person who recently smoked pot stood up and said the end of this! It would end....

I almost protested the war on pot.... but because I got high.... because I got high.... because I got high.
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by lostsailor.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#19955 3 years, 5 months ago
NewHampshireJed wrote:
The guy boggles my mind. He's not even a good liberal! We have tons of debt (him and Bush's fault) and he caves to the GOP and extends the Bush tax cuts. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Fiscal conservative here btw

What exactly is a "good" liberal? And of course- a bad liberal....
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#19985 3 years, 5 months ago
lostsailor wrote:
Abba wrote:
lostsailor wrote:

What groups?

seriously? blacks. gays. sailors. kings and queens, too, I reckon. Horse jockeys. taxi drivers. various religious groups. yellow people, brown people, hippies, the poor, the homeless, veterans. Medical marijuana patients. transgender/transexuals. minorities. humanities and non-humanities. Hmongs, Tibetans- well, they are not doing so well as a group... . Buddhists. Lawyers and Indian chiefs. Strippers! prostitutes. Unions! I could go on and on.

But not potheads. Why? Because they can't be bothered. Politicians use potheads to show they are tough on crime. Scared mother groups rail on about the slippery slope, and science is thwarted to hide the benefits or relative harmlessness of pot. But if every person who recently smoked pot stood up and said the end of this! It would end....

I almost protested the war on pot.... but because I got high.... because I got high.... because I got high.

"As many of our philosophers have learned, lengthy prison time does give one a different perspective on politics. A certain cynicism develops. You realize that you are either "in the system" or you're an outlaw. One realizes that every law & order bureaucracy operates the same way. Soviet admirals think exactly like our navel officers.....Prisoners tend to be the same the world round. Their real "Crime" is that , for one reason or another, they lack the power or intelligence or money to keep them out of jail." Tim Leary

You only get the "Rights" you can AFFORD to defend!! I don't need more laws to "give" me "rights"..
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#20010 3 years, 5 months ago
But people can't complain about Obama sticking his neck out when a majority of potheads won't do their part. It is how politics works. He has said he is against legalizing it- it was part of his platform.

Gays have their rights because people stood up and demanded it. You can try and rationalize it, deflect it and complain about it. But as long as the people (potheads and otherwise) do not stand up and demand change in marijuana laws, no change will happen.
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by lostsailor.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#20042 3 years, 5 months ago
the goverment wants people to be stoned so they dont do anything to change the status quo too busy trying to get high,plus it provides a steady stream of clients for the prison sytem which seems to be the only industry in the US doing well these days ,so go ahead party on dude FREE YOUR MIND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
NewHampshireJed
Junior Boarder

#20132 3 years, 4 months ago
lostsailor wrote:
NewHampshireJed wrote:
The guy boggles my mind. He's not even a good liberal! We have tons of debt (him and Bush's fault) and he caves to the GOP and extends the Bush tax cuts. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Well I can say in this case at least that's its someone who taxes people more money the more they earn, to take care of people that (for the most part) can't take care of themselves.
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels
NewHampshireJed
Junior Boarder

#20134 3 years, 4 months ago
Or I guess for our situation, get that debt down a bit.
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#20186 3 years, 4 months ago
DOWN WITH OBAMA. Nobel peace prize my ASS.lol. They must b givin em away these days. Ima go walk an old lady across the street and see if i get one too.hahaha. DONT VOTE FOR OBAMA. In fact i think its best not to vote at all. No Matter who is president it wont matter. It'll all b the same. Unless Bob runs. BOB WEIR FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66, NewHampshireJed
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#20206 3 years, 4 months ago
NewHampshireJed wrote:
lostsailor wrote:
NewHampshireJed wrote:

Well I can say in this case at least that's its someone who taxes people more money the more they earn, to take care of people that (for the most part) can't take care of themselves.

I'm still confused. You believe that liberals, the "good ones" at least, believe in progressive taxes? And to take care of people that can't take care of themselves. That's amazing. Very shallow, but amazing. Here's what you do: Go pick up a biography of Thomas Jefferson and READ it very carefully. Maybe then you'll undestand how liberlaism works and how it is, as a concept, the very fabricate of this country. I'd also suggest you read up on James Madison, as the two were like Hunter-Garcia.

It's just a wonder how few people attack liberalism and yet can't explain the basis of what a liberal is. or is not. And have the gall to call Obama out as not being a liberal (and particularly a "good" liberal).
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds