• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

When will Obama support MY civil rights?

#18669 3 years, 5 months ago
I want to know is when Obama is going to come out in favor and push for the civil rights of the LAST group of Americans to get their, pot smokers.

We have been harassed and jailed for smoking a relatively harmless plant for over 70 years and Obama has not only come out against my getting my rights, he is actively preventing them by using the US Attorney, the DEA and the IRS to harass those states that have legalized it for medical use.

The only reason that marijuana is illegal for medical purposes is that the FDA, an agency under Obama's control, has classified it as a Class 1 drug with no medical uses. He can change that by the stroke of a pen with no Congressional approval.

Not only does he fight against my civil rights, he hypocritically invites people over to drink alcohol, a much more dangerous substance.
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Shakin Nagan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
MWoods
Junior Boarder

Re: When will Obama support MY civil rights?

#18671 3 years, 5 months ago
I'm way to stoned to understand what you're talkin' about, dude.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#18674 3 years, 5 months ago
First off, Obama;s has publicly stated federal funds will not got the DEA to harass people in states where med pot has been approved. The issue is the DEA doesn't give a shit, and is continuing to go after despenaries and what not that, I hope, are scapegoating some part of the law.... it sucks, but its not NEARLY as bad as it was under Bush.

Secondly, the National Cancer Institute just added a section of med pot and how it helsp cancer patients. This is a CRITICAL step to get pot reclassifried. IF, pot can get reclassifried, which it has to at some point. You cannot have a drug labeled as schedule 1 with a good bit of the country using it as medicine. So, yea... IF it gets reclassifried, the flood gates will open and med pot shoudl really gain some steam.

It just sucks because the onyl reason pot is even a GATEWAY drug in any sense is because it gets lumped in with EVERY other drug. If I could go get it in a store, instead of off hte street corner, imagine the decrease ine xposure to other drugs. Once kids realize pot isnt that bad, the light bulb goes off. It screams, shit, they lied to me about this, what else are they lying about???? Prohibition doesn't work. Not at all. It took us only ten years really to see that alcohol prohibitojn doesn't work. Why has it taken so long for them ot see it with pot as well???

I just think tehy hate it because once you get stoned, you start questiong things. You start examining life and decideing whats good or not. You stop just accepting this as the status quo and make your own decisions. Thats not good for the powers in charge. The onyl way this Ameican system works is because people buy into it. If we all stopped believing, America would fall apart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gratefulpanda
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#18684 3 years, 5 months ago
In the state of Florida authorities are only acting to be more restrictive. As if they don't have more pressing concerns, the Florida legislature is voting on whether to require passing a drug test in order to qualify for public assistance with the applicant himself having to pay for the test.

I feel that California voting down legalization really hurt the case and the cause. If we can't today pass laws to legalize with the 60s generation themselves now aging through power then when will we ever in out lifetimes?
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#18694 3 years, 5 months ago
Deadhead4Obama wrote:
First off, Obama;s has publicly stated federal funds will not got the DEA to harass people in states where med pot has been approved. The issue is the DEA doesn't give a shit, and is continuing to go after despenaries and what not that, I hope, are scapegoating some part of the law.... it sucks, but its not NEARLY as bad as it was under Bush.

Obama = "Bush lite" on this issue (and most others)

As far as I'm concerned, this is my litmus test issue. I could care less about how it affects me personally, but more along the lines that it's an issue of personal liberty, "change" (lack thereof), and Obama's apparent trajectory to pander to what is politically expedient. It should be clear to him that use of this substance really only directly harms the individual using it & weighed on that scale is relatively benign compared to what's out there.

Remember, the Obama administration came out against cali prop 19 ... please spare us how "it's what he had to do". If he were truly about significant change -- especially low hanging fruit like this -- he'd take a stand. But you know what, as much as I hate to say this, Rush, Hannity, O'Riley, etc. were all right that Obama doesn't like to stake out explicit ground. He's always got a political escape hatch.

I realize things take time, but when I see us being asked to "be patient" while he "plays the game from the inside", I say screw that ... enough is enough.

Barring a complete wingnut running against him in 2012, I will almost certainly vote for a third party candidate (or moderate conservative) ... basically anyone who is the least like a politician as possible & has a decent perpective.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NewHampshireJed
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#18698 3 years, 5 months ago
hes a politician and is gonna do whatever is in HIS best intrests .
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#18699 3 years, 5 months ago
Has any law stopped you from getting stoned? Leave it the way it is or Obama will put a 50% tax on it. Just do it in your own home and you wont get busted. Hey Totem, Obama sucks. HaHaHa.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#18700 3 years, 5 months ago
Med Pot is a big political hot topic. Its really hard for those with serious agenda to lose credibuility over med pot. Thats how I look at it. I'd rather have Obama worried about the big things, and leave it up to the states to worry about med pot. Thats where I think things relaly need to change. The federal governemnt needs to come out, and give states the rihg to do what THEY want with med pot. I think thats a big reason why moore states dont have a med pot program -- who wants to cross the federal goverment???

And I sitll say the big trick is to push for reclassification of pot, and once that happens, the rest will follow.

I still prefer at least decriminalization than what we have now. Give me a 100 dolla fine, take my stash and let me be. There is no reason to cost people freedome, lives and careers over pot.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#18701 3 years, 5 months ago
actually it would probably drive the price down and taxing it makes a ton of sense one thing politicians like thats a new tax countries in a huge deficet hole,,as for it stopping people from getting high light up a joint in front of RCMH or MSG and see what happens
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#18713 3 years, 5 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
actually it would probably drive the price down and taxing it makes a ton of sense one thing politicians like thats a new tax countries in a huge deficet hole,,as for it stopping people from getting high light up a joint in front of RCMH or MSG and see what happens

No thanks. I'm smarter than that. Unfortunately my son is not!
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds