• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

Re: I WANT RATDOG BACK

#19450 3 years, 3 months ago
Are you kidding? Ratdog, where every song is played at reduced or even half speed tempo's and pointless extended space between every verse. For this long time DH, RD is a snooze fest compared to Furthur.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OtherOne, Abba
Ace#11
Junior Boarder

#19459 3 years, 3 months ago
I love RATDOG!! I Love FURTHUR, and I Think Ratdog could be playin in between these long breaks , Bobby is always guest showin up at gigs in between Furthur and he should just play a couple shows with Ratdog instead!!!! Mark Karan shreds it ! and they are such a trippy band that takes the tunes way out and I love them !!! Missin Robin and Kenny too ! (((BEACON 09))) Thank you Ratdog!
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#19483 3 years, 3 months ago
Ratdog bored me to tears, Furthur is just miles and miles ahead. In fact one of my biggest gripes with Furthur is they slow down the tempo Ratdog style on too many of the tunes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slewfoot
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#19503 3 years, 3 months ago
OtherOne wrote:
Ratdog bored me to tears, Furthur is just miles and miles ahead. In fact one of my biggest gripes with Furthur is they slow down the tempo Ratdog style on too many of the tunes.

Agreed. There's one member we can thank for the sllloooowwww - ness
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#19526 3 years, 3 months ago
Ratdog could definitly jam out some good stuff, but they did have a much more laid back style - which I like, but I definitly do like Furthur better. Ratdog is definitly still a great band though and I hope they do more shows in the future, I like the touch Kenny gives with the sax and there whole style alltogether. You got some acoustic songs with Ratdog to which was always nice, I hope Furthur breaks out some acoustic in the future, even if not on a basis every show, just randomly mixed in every once in a while would be cool.

listening to some Ratdog right now 3/29/05 ... Bobby Mcgee....
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#19606 3 years, 3 months ago
double posted below
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by FaceOnMars.
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder

#19607 3 years, 3 months ago
FaceOnMars wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
You got some acoustic songs with Ratdog to which was always nice, I hope Furthur breaks out some acoustic in the future, even if not on a basis every show, just randomly mixed in every once in a while would be cool.

^ would love to see some acoustic as well!

Even if one doesn't like RD's slower and more deliberate tempos, their almost routine insertion of a couple / few acoustic 2nd set openers adds a nice bit of variety to the show overall. We haven't heard ANYTHING from Furthur on this front ... the only thing which kind of approached it in a weird way might be first set first night broomfield.

Obviously not everyone is going to dig RD the same way as Furthur, but it really struck me recently how much I would love to see RD again ...even though I've been very much into furthur. There's something very unique on the jazzier side of things in RD's approach which is as good as it gets "when everything clicks". Not saying it always does & there are some RD versions of songs which I prefer less vs. Furthur, the dead, or P&F (i.e. Franklins ... although HOTW -> Slipnot rivals any incarnation).

Still I'm psyched to see whever I get the chance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#19647 3 years, 3 months ago
ratdog was alot of times a slow temp band, but they can really get cookin too. also i dig their slow stuff alot. i cant wait for the next ratdog studio album, last was "Evening Moods" and bobby has got alot of new songs together, plus some really interesting takes on old jerry band stuff and acoustic RD3 stuff, i gotta admit i still miss Wasserman, but Robin rips it up and i understand why ratdog needed a more rock and roll bass player and why wassy was into his thing. hey its all relative, opinions about bands are just that, and are a matter of taste. i miss ratdog, but that dont mean im not gonna go see as much furthur as i can. i cant wait till shoreline. that being said, i know ratdog, isnt what alot of deadheads are looking for when they go see a dead related band, they want something more "jammin". RATDOG ROCKS MY WORLD. and its kewl seeing a good band in relativly small indoor venures(as long as the sound is good).
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder

#19650 3 years, 3 months ago
FaceOnMars wrote:
FaceOnMars wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
You got some acoustic songs with Ratdog to which was always nice, I hope Furthur breaks out some acoustic in the future, even if not on a basis every show, just randomly mixed in every once in a while would be cool.

^ would love to see some acoustic as well!

Even if one doesn't like RD's slower and more deliberate tempos, their almost routine insertion of a couple / few acoustic 2nd set openers adds a nice bit of variety to the show overall. We haven't heard ANYTHING from Furthur on this front ... the only thing which kind of approached it in a weird way might be first set first night broomfield (feb 2011)

Obviously not everyone is going to dig RD the same way as Furthur, but it really struck me recently how much I would love to see RD again ...even though I've been very much into furthur. There's something very unique on the jazzier side of things in RD's approach which is as good as it gets "when everything clicks". Not saying it always does & there are some RD versions of songs which I prefer less vs. Furthur, the dead, or P&F (i.e. Franklins ... although HOTW -> Slipnot rivals any incarnation).

Still I'm psyched to see whever I get the chance!
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#19781 3 years, 3 months ago
I want I want I want I want.

Furthur is tearing it up. I just don't get some of you people.

They could pick the pace up on Estimated though
Time to create page: 5.23 seconds