• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
gratefulelectric
Junior Boarder
Posts:101
mama tried

I WANT RATDOG BACK

#18658 3 years, 3 months ago
ANY ONE AGREE. I THINK RATDOG HAD A TIGHTER ONSAMBEL
The following user(s) said Thank You: illuminaughty
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder
Posts:8140

Re: I WANT RATDOG BACK

#18660 3 years, 3 months ago
I did love Ratdog but I like Furthur better...

luckily though, Ratdog is not finished, according to Bob Weir. Bobby said that one of the first things he wants to do in his new studio is get Ratdog in there, and that will likely lead to some dates/mini tour in the future between Furthur shows.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
Posts:674
I take pictures

Re: I WANT RATDOG BACK

#18661 3 years, 3 months ago
and i want the Q back........aint gonna happen , what we have at this point is the john k band, scaring the children and furthur , Rat dog is personally not my style I do not like all of that shake it down now and money for gasoline business The JK band is rockin you should try that sometime and I went to see JGe the other night , you want a tight band Jackie is tearin it up
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder
Posts:168

Re: I WANT RATDOG BACK

#18672 3 years, 3 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
I went to see JGe the other night , you want a tight band Jackie is tearin it up


Good to hear, Seein him Thursday.
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Posts:274
Listen To The Flower People

Re: I WANT RATDOG BACK

#18686 3 years, 3 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
and i want the Q back........aint gonna happen , what we have at this point is the john k band, scaring the children and furthur , Rat dog is personally not my style I do not like all of that shake it down now and money for gasoline business The JK band is rockin you should try that sometime and I went to see JGe the other night , you want a tight band Jackie is tearin it up


So you don't even like Furthur's version of $4gas?!?

I think it's one of the better newer Bobby songs & it's interesting to hear everyone's take on it (since you KNOW there's someone who would have lent his own paintbrush to this if he were still with us!!!!). I like MK, Kimock, & JK's interpretations ... but especially kimock who allows it to develop very well before letting loose. Check this one out (pay attention around 4:00 mark for Kimock's first big bit):

www.archive.org/details/rd2007-07-28.akg460.flac16

I realize it's all personal taste, since I am not one to rate the Q as my favorite of Phil's ... sure it's great, but not my first choice. Still glad to be able to check them out along with all the other permutations. Having said that, I'm diggin furthur & will see as many shows as I can!
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder
Posts:1019

Re: I WANT RATDOG BACK

#18717 3 years, 3 months ago
No
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monkeyfoot
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2730

Re: I WANT RATDOG BACK

#18731 3 years, 3 months ago
Ratdog = great
Furthur = greater
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, MushroomMan, WGJORDAN3, jay
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Posts:420
Neon Light Diamond

Re: I WANT RATDOG BACK

#18751 3 years, 3 months ago
I love Ratdog...

but Furthur def has that 'it' factor...the one that can get me smiling when I have about 10 million crazy thoughts running through my head.

Furthur has that ability to take me right out of my head and allow me to go with it in that exact moment.... and then when I come back to reality, I feel better able to deal.


This hasn't happened since the beginning of my Dead days, and honestly I didn't think it would ever happen again.

standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by ruby_claire.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
Posts:674
I take pictures

Re: I WANT RATDOG BACK

#18754 3 years, 3 months ago
FaceOnMars wrote:
MsJimp wrote:
and i want the Q back........aint gonna happen , what we have at this point is the john k band, scaring the children and furthur , Rat dog is personally not my style I do not like all of that shake it down now and money for gasoline business The JK band is rockin you should try that sometime and I went to see JGe the other night , you want a tight band Jackie is tearin it up


So you don't even like Furthur's version of $4gas?!?

I think it's one of the better newer Bobby songs & it's interesting to hear everyone's take on it (since you KNOW there's someone who would have lent his own paintbrush to this if he were still with us!!!!). I like MK, Kimock, & JK's interpretations ... but especially kimock who allows it to develop very well before letting loose. Check this one out (pay attention around 4:00 mark for Kimock's first big bit):

www.archive.org/details/rd2007-07-28.akg460.flac16

I realize it's all personal taste, since I am not one to rate the Q as my favorite of Phil's ... sure it's great, but not my first choice. Still glad to be able to check them out along with all the other permutations. Having said that, I'm diggin furthur & will see as many shows as I can!


no i dont like furthurs version of money for gasoline lol, i dont like anyones version of that song
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6650
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: I WANT RATDOG BACK

#18781 3 years, 3 months ago
I have liked all of the post- jerry bands and would be happy to see ratdog or the Q or any other configuration play
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds