• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: Stay in a Place for More Than a Day

#18792 3 years, 6 months ago
A three dayer at Buckeye Lake or Nelson Ledges would be awesome !!
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
reb
Visitor

#18891 3 years, 6 months ago
I very much like three day runs in the same venue. It feels like a complete experience with a beginning, a middle and an end. I particularly enjoyed the three nights at RCMH March 25-26-27. Of course I am an now a much older head, so it is simply easier for me to remain in place for a three day run.

I do not like anything longer than three days becasue it is dificult for me to keep grooving for that length of time.

I view summer tour, with its one-off show to be geared more for the younger heads who are able to keep up with that fast pace and the thrill it provides. I tend to lay back in the summer and look for VIP tickets that offer comfy alternatives.

This year I have a vibes VIP tkt for Friday night. I might also grab a lot ticket for PNC where the lawn has a good sight line to the stage (unlike places like Saratoga or Mann where you can's see much of the stage from the lawn).

I remember the fun of zooming from one show to the next, burning up the road and hardly sleeping in the truck. It is a magical time that everyone should experience.

So I say make the most of the tours during the other times of the year where multiple day runs abound and leave the one nighters, miles apart to the youth who are up for it.
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#18939 3 years, 6 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Some areas support multi night runs, others don't. See the spring tour. Tons of multi night runs. I just thank god they come and visit the south. We need more shows down here around Florida.

Amen, brother. As you can see the St. Augustine tix (and Jones Beach) are the hottest on Summer Tour. Living in Miami, the ass end of the U.S. (with the exception of Key West), I love it when they come anywhere near here. There are lots of heads here. As Hunter S. Thompson said after Bush won the election against Gore, that if every Dead Head in the State of Florida would have voted, Gore would have won.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by jodiah. Reason: misspelling
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#18941 3 years, 6 months ago
Chester wrote:
It's all about logistics. It's a short tour. I love multi night runs's too, but it's better to spread it out on such a short run.

That's acceptable too. Spreading it out would also be great.
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#19010 3 years, 6 months ago
You make a good point, but unfortunately the majority of Furthur fans aren't trying to get to EVERY SHOW ON THE SUMMER TOUR.

When you think about it, the whole point of going on tour is to try and get the music out to as many different people as possible.

So yea, its great that you want to hit the whole tour, but know one said it was gonna be easy.

I selfishly want to tell you to be grateful that you can hit even a good portion of the summer tour, i'll be lucky if I get out to one.
formerly FLJen
Junior Boarder

#19070 3 years, 6 months ago
Maybe the band doesn't like seeing the same people every night? j/k I really don't know.
Charlie Sheen
Junior Boarder

#19076 3 years, 6 months ago
just be glad there's even anything to complain about.

quoting Carol King.....doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore ?
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Charlie Sheen.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#19082 3 years, 6 months ago
part of the experience is the traveling, the lack of sleep, the insanity...its a tough job but someones gotta do it
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
hyjacker
Junior Boarder

#19107 3 years, 6 months ago
Hard to do but its only a ten day stretch so I'm doing it. Even get to hang and fish the finger lakes after that last east show. Can't wait. I like the way they set up this tour.
Chester
More or less in line

#19110 3 years, 6 months ago
I like the way it's set up. I'm only doing a couple of shows, but it seems to be set up pretty well for a short summer tour.
I'd prefer to travel more in the summer, than I would for a spring or fall tour. It's a great time to get out in the world.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#19151 3 years, 6 months ago
2 nights at shoreline
3 nights in eugene
west coast is happy.
spring tour had alot of multinight runs on the leastcoast so whats the deal?
they dont want to play multi nights in places where the scene could get out of hand, they could get banned, etc. etc. etc. but if they venue, community,etc. control themselves, multinight runs are fun.
i do miss the "days between"
heres an idea 2 days a venue, then boogie to some club gig, in the middle of the week, then come back to the same venue for the next weekend. havent seen furthur outdoors, hope the sound is good.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds