• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
theuch24
Junior Boarder

Future of Furthur

#185032 2 years, 2 months ago
I've been thinking lately about the future of furthur. With Phil with his rambles at terrpain and bobby with his solo acoustic shows it got me thinking are we gonna see any more furthur shows?! Maybe. I'm thinking some special runs like NYE and maybe a festival, But that's just me. Personally I would like to see a PL&F Tour and bobby picking up some solo shows and then maybe next summer for furhtur just a HUGE summer tour, I'm thinkin like dead summer tour type but that's just me.
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by theuch24.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

Re: Future of Furthur

#185035 2 years, 2 months ago
If I'm reading it correctly, it looks like Phil and Furthur aren't planning to stop touring anytime soon:

www.billboard.com/news/phil-lesh-on-reco...t-s-1007636352.story

Phil Lesh and Bob Weir are in their fourth year of touring with their latest post-Grateful Dead aggregate, Furthur. And as far as Lesh is concerned, the road is where Furthur belongs. . .

"It's been a very interesting development," he notes. "It's to the point where we can play pretty smoothly together. Basically it started because Bob and I realized how much we enjoy playing together; we figured why don't we just play together if it's that much fun. We pulled these guys in and started playing, and it seems to have worked out. I'm enjoying it. It's always an adventure. It's not like I have to worry about it becoming boring; I never know what's going to happen, and that's what I live for, anyway."

alanpaul.net/2012/04/almost-dead-the-furthur-interviews/

GW: This is the longest running post-Grateful Dead collaboration. Is it an ongoing band?

WEIR: Oh yeah. I’m not sure we’re going to do four tours a year. Next year we might do three because we don’t want to run ourselves out of gas. But what I’m here to do is play and I think Phil feels that way as well. And we’re really happy with this band we’ve got together here.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#185041 2 years, 2 months ago
I'm presuming you're a fairly decent fellow, but why do YOU theuch constantly post the SAME thread every few months about the future of Furthur, please enjoy the ride and quit asking when will we get there

ARE WE THERE YET ???
ARE WE THERE YET ???
ARE WE THERE YET ???
ARE WE THERE YET ???
ARE WE THERE YET ???

ANSWER: no, we are not there yet
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, deadegad
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#185042 2 years, 2 months ago
I knew this thread seemed familiar...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#185156 2 years, 2 months ago
phil told me today it was this thread again that caused him to return to thoughts of disbanding furthur
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#215424 1 year, 11 months ago
www.jambands.com/features/2012/11/16/a-conversation-with-john-k

I wondered about [John K's] current plans with Furthur, the ever-present rumors that Phil Lesh was preparing to step down, and questions surrounding how long he, Phil and Bob Weir plan to play music together.

Kadlecik answered matter-of-factly. “It goes until it doesn’t anymore, which is true for everything in music. Nothing is forever. Phil recently told an interviewer that he and Bob were in agreement that I’m the guy they want to play with for the foreseeable future. That could change tomorrow.”
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#215453 1 year, 11 months ago
I'm a little surprised to see "the ever-present rumors that Phil Lesh [is] preparing to step down" being addressed in a JamBands/Relix article this time instead of just on a message board discussion (which makes me think there may be something to it after all).

But Lesh has said a couple of times now (see www.boulderweekly.com/article-7652-talking-dead.html and www.marinij.com/lifestyles/ci_20595367/l...-lesh-fulfills-dream ) that he wants to make a gradual transition to spending less time traveling and more time at TXR.

I think Furthur will continue, but it may become a West Coast thing that Bobby only does with Phil when he's home in the Bay Area. . .
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#215471 1 year, 11 months ago
Furthur is too popular to become JUST a west-coast deal. I'm thinking very small runs.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#215488 1 year, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
phil told me today it was this thread again that caused him to return to thoughts of disbanding furthur

shit man you were right.... this thread came up 3 months ago and now theres articles about the subject in a magazine!

deadhed4life34
Junior Boarder

#215492 1 year, 11 months ago
furthur will never be a west coast only band. as far as Furthur to continue playing after NYE would depend on ONE thing and that is if they want to resign John K or if they are gonna do phil and friends and Ratdog

as of last night, phil said, "this is our last show in NY for a while, But we will be back!!!!"
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds