• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

for the OH's (original heads)

#18461 3 years, 6 months ago
what goes through your head when you see a teenager at a Furthur show? So many people have asked me why i was there haha and how it was possible to get into the dead without jerry around. I simply reply "the music"
Chester
More or less in line

Re: for the OH's (original heads)

#18465 3 years, 6 months ago
It makes me happy. The music is timeless. It has meaning across generations. Love to see new fans discover what I've loved so much.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Steve
Junior Boarder

#18466 3 years, 6 months ago
I'm just glad there are new people that like the music. I have been asked by 20-somethings "Wow.....you saw Jerry? Cool."
Thanks Charlie Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JStraw
Junior Boarder

#18473 3 years, 6 months ago
It's refreshing to see the young'uns enjoying good music. I say to myself, that teenager has taste AND class! Also, it's so easy to get into Dead music with the treasure trove that is the Archive...

Long live Grateful Dead Music!!
Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad.
Chester
More or less in line

#18476 3 years, 6 months ago
Steve wrote:
I'm just glad there are new people that like the music. I have been asked by 20-somethings "Wow.....you saw Jerry? Cool."

I've gotten that reaction too. It's a good feeling. Glad the music will be around for a long while.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#18480 3 years, 6 months ago
I never got to see Jerry, Brent, Pigpen. But what I love to see is 4 generations all enjoying and connected. That is a sight to see.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#18482 3 years, 6 months ago
It gives me hope.
It's good to see that the spirit will live on
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#18483 3 years, 6 months ago
i just hope yins encourage them, and try to show them the light. I was lucky. my Dad's a head, so I just kinda had to follow his example and found my way relatively easy. I wish more of my generation was into the Dead. I really do. This rap and metal crap cannot be good for kids. They've done studies that show kids that listen to music are more depressed than kids that don't. I have to imagine thats because of the TYPE of music kids listen to these days. I work with kid's for a living, and my one client is 11 going on 12. Every chance I get I make sure to play some Dead music when we are playing games and what not. Just to get him interested and hope that when the time comes, he becomes one of us.
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#18485 3 years, 6 months ago
I met some really cool "kids" on my little Spring tour, and was totally encouraged. Many many of them could be my kids, and man, they get it! in my opinion. The vast majority are there for the music, not so much as the party, which is super refreshing to see. The lot scenes are so much smaller now, the whole "tail-gate" vibe seems to have dissipated (I didn't see any nitrous at the three shows I went to), and folks seem to be coming out for the community and for the music. What else is there?

That said, when the girl I was talking to began to cry cuz she never got to see Jerry....... I didn't wanna break the mystique.
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , Abba
Monkeyfoot
Junior Boarder

#18494 3 years, 6 months ago
I love seeing the younger people at the shows - it keeps the scene alive and fun.
It's part of the natural progression of Dead music and rock music in general - the songs will get handed down from generation to generation like folk or classical music.
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds