• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Totem
Visitor

Re: Better musicians- PHISH OR GRATEFUL DEAD?

#18583 3 years, 3 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
really, who the fuck cares?
I can only add "Trey blows"
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#18614 3 years, 3 months ago
Phish doesn't do a thing for me. Besides that, in the whole history of the Grateful Dead the band has been filled with great musicians, every one. I like my music solid rock n roll. Phishheads are welcome to like Phish more, but that'll never make them the better band.
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#18654 3 years, 3 months ago
I prefer the Dead and always will. I like Phish and they are great musicians, but their lyrics are silly and they don't give me the same feeling. But, the fans can mix. Here in Miami when Phish played NYE shows a couple of years ago, Furthur was just starting. A lot of the people on the lot were selling more Dead stuff, and listening to more Dead than Phish. I mentioned to some of them that I preferred the Dead and told me that they all do, but you take what you can get. And, many of them were waiting for Furthur's first tour to start, which just happened to begin in Miami.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#18665 3 years, 3 months ago
Trey was amazing with Phil and Friends
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#18670 3 years, 3 months ago
Grateful Dead, hands down. Although Phish is a bunch of good musicians i feel like the GD have way better lyrics and meaning to them. Just put it this way i rather hear some real lyrics (Eyes alight, with glowing hair, all the fancy paints as fair) then (Cause Milly took that paper and sliced him on the nipple). Phish has some sweet jams, but nothing can compare to the Grateful Dead, and never will.
Callaghan
Fresh Boarder

#19513 3 years, 3 months ago
i personally like the dead more but its my personal preference. they are on completely different levels in terms of styles of music. i think the only reason they are associated so closely is because of the scenes. ive been told that phish has their shit together instrumentally and the dead has way more soul. its an endless debate. i could go on forever saying pros and cons about both. i lve the dead. end of story
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#19514 3 years, 3 months ago
the Dead. Period.
joeyf_kms
Junior Boarder

#19789 3 years, 3 months ago
Van Morrison
bigjonnyt
Fresh Boarder

#19804 3 years, 3 months ago
i am amazed that you folks are even responding to this stupid troll and this very poorly designed thread designed to lure in you other fools.... trolls, all of you
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#19805 3 years, 3 months ago
bigjonnyt wrote:
i am amazed that you folks are even responding to this stupid troll and this very poorly designed thread designed to lure in you other fools.... trolls, all of you
and yet you replied? hmmmmm
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds