Re: Does any one like MMA ?

#29410 3 years, 2 months ago
Dream - Fight for Japan
Dream
May 29, 2011
Saitama Super Arena,
Saitama, Japan

RESULTS
Match------- Winner----------- Loser ------------- Method -------------Round ----- Time
1-W- Atsushi Yamamoto-vs.-L-Yusaku Nakamura -- TKO (Punches) 1------ 8:43
2 -W- Hideo Tokoro-vs -L-Yoshiro Maeda-- TKO (Corner Stoppage) 2------0:43
3 -W- Masakazu Imanari-vs. -L-Keisuke Fujiwara-- Decision (Unanimous) 2------5:00
4-W - Kenji Osawa-vs.-L- Takafumi Otsuka -- Decision (Split) --------2 -----5:00
5 -W- Joachim Hansen-vs.-L- Mitsuhiro Ishida-- Decision (Split)------------2------5:00
6 -W- Takeshi Inoue-vs.-L- Koichiro Matsumoto-- TKO (Punches) --------- 1-------6:51
7 -W- Caol Uno-vs.-L- Akiyo Nishiura -- Decision (Unanimous)------------2------5:00
8 -W- Katsunori Kikuno-vs.-L- Daisuke Nakamura- -Decision (Unanimous) -2---- 5:00
9 -W- Shinya Aoki-vs.-L- Rich Clementi-- Submission (Face Lock)------- 2 ------2:17
10 -W-Hideo Tokoro-vs.-L- Atsushi Yamamoto-- Decision (Split)---------- 2 ---- 5:00
11-W- Masakazu Imanari-vs.L- Kenji Osawa- -Submission (Achilles Lock)-2 ---- 0:58
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by the highway terror.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#31159 3 years, 1 month ago
UFC Tuff # 13 Results

1 -W- Reuben Duran -L-Francisco Rivera--- Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) RD. 3 --1:57
2-W- Scott Jorgensen-L- Ken Stone --- KO (Punches)-------------------- RD. 1-- 4:01
3-W- Clay Harvison -L-Justin Edwards --- Decision (Split)------------------- RD. 3-- 5:00
4 -W- Shamar Bailey -L-Ryan McGillivray --- Decision (Unanimous) -----------RD. 3 -- 5:00
5 -W- George Roop -L-Josh Grispi--- KO (Punch to the Body) --------RD. 3-- 3:14
6 -W- Jeremy Stephens -L-Daniel Downes ---Decision (Unanimous)---- RD. 3 -- 5:00
7 -W- Chris Cope-L- Chuck O'Neil--- Decision (Unanimous)------------------- RD. 3 -- 5:00
8 -W- Kyle Kingsbury -L-Fabio Maldonado--- Decision (Unanimous)------------ RD.3-- 5:00
9 -W- Ed Herman -L-Tim Credeur ---TKO (Punches)---------------------------RD. 1-- 0:48
10 -W-Clay Guida-L- Anthony Pettis ----Decision (Unanimous)----------- RD. 3-- 5:00
11-W- Tony Ferguson -L-Ramsey Nijem ---KO (Punches) ----------------------RD. 1-- 3:54
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by the highway terror.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#32339 3 years, 1 month ago
Georges St. Pierre to fight Nick Diaz, 10/29/11

Georges St. Pierre will defend his UFC welterweight title against Strikeforce champion Nick Diaz on Oct. 29, according to Dana White.

The UFC president made the announcement Wednesday on his Twitter account.

"You guys wanted it! You got it," White said. "GSP vs. Diaz Oct. 29, UFC 137 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas."

The St. Pierre-Diaz bout announcement comes one day after Diaz signed a multiyear, multifight deal with Zuffa, LLC, the parent company of both UFC and Strikeforce.

When informed of White's announcement, St. Pierre's lead trainer Firas Zahabi could not contain his excitement.

"It is champion vs. champion. That's always the most exciting fights," Zahabi told ESPN.com. "Those are always the fights people want to see the most. When you have a big exciting fight like that one, it's always good for everyone."

The fight with Diaz will be the second in a row for St. Pierre (22-2-0) against a Cesar Gracie-trained fighter. St. Pierre defeated Diaz's teammate Jake Shields by unanimous decision April 30 at UFC 129 in Toronto.

While Diaz (25-7-0) and Shields train at the same camp, their fighting styles are different.

"Nick Diaz has the more aggressive boxing style," Zahabi said. "But on the other side he doesn't have the wrestling pedigree that Jake Shields has.

"They both have excellent jiu-jitsu, but I would say that Jake Shields has more in the wrestling and Diaz more boxing in his style than Jake."

Despite successfully defending his title Shields in front of a record UFC crowd of 55,724, St. Pierre didn't leave the Octagon unscathed. Repeated pokes from Shields gave St. Pierre an injured left eye, and he was immediately taken to a nearby hospital.

The injury, however, has completely healed.

"Georges is 100 percent right now, 100 percent," Zahabi said.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#32342 3 years, 1 month ago
Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic not retiring yet

UFC president Dana White confirmed to ESPN.com Wednesday the Croatian will return to the Octagon despite suffering brutal knockout losses in his past two fights.

Filipovic (27-9-2) is nearing the end of a three-fight deal he signed with the UFC last June. Although it's not unusual to see the promotion cut fighters following back-to-back losses, White said the UFC would honor the final fight on Filipovic's contract.

"This guy wants to fight again and I owe him another fight," White told ESPN.com. "He's a grown man. If he wants to continue to fight, that's his right and he still has a fight with me."

Immediately after Filipovic's last performance, a third-round knockout loss at the hands of Brendan Schaub at UFC 128 in March, White admitted he thought the 36-year-old should retire, adding, "I don't think I'd have an argument from 'Cro Cop.'"

It appears, however, the former Pride star has no plans of hanging it up. Last month, he publicly expressed a desire to face Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira this summer at UFC 134. Nogueira was ultimately paired against Schaub.

Nevertheless, it's clear Filipovic wishes to continue his career. For at least one more fight, White will oblige.

"Do I think he should've retired? Yeah," White said. "I don't think he's in one of these situations like a Chuck Liddell though, where I thought he needed to retire right then.

"'Cro Cop' and I made a deal and he wants to fight again. I'm going to honor that deal."
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#32447 3 years, 1 month ago
What the fuck ar eyou all talkgin about? What's MMA???? disco biscuits was a lot closer than what I thought... which is a lot of ????????????????

And since it was thrown out- it is immoral and every deadhead shoudl be against it- and that includes all of you. <now just tell me what it is and I'll tell you why>
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#32544 3 years, 1 month ago
Congratulations, the Dead Head police are here to tell us what we can enjoy.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#32545 3 years, 1 month ago
lostsailor wrote:
What the fuck ar eyou all talkgin about? What's MMA???? disco biscuits was a lot closer than what I thought... which is a lot of ????????????????

And since it was thrown out- it is immoral and every deadhead shoudl be against it- and that includes all of you. <now just tell me what it is and I'll tell you why>

I saw someone on tv talking in this manner and they were in the early stages of a stroke. Go get yourself checked out lostsailor. By the way, I love that tune. Drifting and dreaming......
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#32547 3 years, 1 month ago
lostsailor wrote:

can anyone decipher this drivel ?
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#32552 3 years, 1 month ago
The people at my MMA school are the most respectful group I know.

Something about hitting each other for sport makes you very humble.

I spar with pro MMA fighters, amateur fighters, guys about my skill level, beginners, there's even a couple of girls who get in there with us. We don't over do it when we're with someone with a much different skill level that yourself. We congratulate our partner when they score a good punch or kick on us, good technique, nice shot, got me that time, etc. The pro's don't totally beat me up, usually, to badly anyway. We all go easy with the rookies and girls. Its a school and we're all there to learn the arts.

Some people don't like MMA, and that's cool. Its not for everyone.

For those who choose practice combat sports, they have every right to go ahead and bash each other in the head till the cows come home. Its their, (our) business, and if someone doesn't like then don't practice it. We don't drag people in off the street and make them take classes.

Like being a Dead Head, there are a lot of misconceptions about what its really like.

Its interesting, challenging, and is excellent exercise. I have benefited greatly from my experience. I believe its one of the best things I have done for myself.

I'm taking my Karate black belt test in July. I've been working on it for over 5 years. It has taken practicing 4 times a week, working through the aches and pains, broken toes, dislocated toes, tons of stuff that makes it east to quit. The first time you get cracked really good, most people leave then. If you stay and continue to practice, then you're a little nuts, but hey, its my life, I'll do what I want with it.

I wish people understood it more. Why we do it, and how respectfully we treat each other.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#33156 3 years, 1 month ago
Here's my picks for tonight.

Dos Santos Good take down defense and better striking

Florian 145 may be his weight

Maia If he can get a hold of Munoz thei jujitsu will take over

Looking forward to the fireworks between Carwin and Dos Santos.
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds