• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

Re: Does any one like MMA ?

#23852 3 years, 4 months ago
yeah, I heard the same. Going to that and then heading to the gorge for Phish the following week
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#23876 3 years, 4 months ago
I like Henderson/Fedor. Both are among my atf's.

I don't think Fedor is getting that old.

Should be interesting.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#29116 3 years, 4 months ago
Fedor vs. Henderson Official for July 30th !

A planned heavyweight contest between Fedor Emelianenko and Dan Henderson is now official.

Sherdog.com has confirmed with a source close to the bout that both parties have signed on as the main event for a July 30 Strikeforce event, to take place at the Sears Centre in the Chicago suburb of Hoffman Estates, Ill. The bout has yet to be officially announced by the promotion, though the fight is expected to be made public shortly.

Strikeforce's reigning light heavyweight champion, Henderson rides a two-fight winning streak into his showdown with Emelianenko. The 40-year-old capitalized on his first-round drubbing of Renato "Babalu" Sobral in December by lifting the 205-pound title from then-champion Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante in March.

Long considered the top heavyweight on the planet, Emelianenko has fallen on hard times recently, dropping back-to-back bouts for the first time in his career. “The Last Emperor” was first submitted by Fabricio Werdum in June before losing by TKO to Antonio Silva in the quarterfinals of Strikeforce's ongoing eight-man heavyweight grand prix in February.

Also expected for the event is a pair of pivotal light heavyweight conflicts, as submission master Roger Gracie meets former Strikeforce champion Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal, while the aforementioned Cavalcante squares off with former University of Tennessee linebacker Ovince St. Preux.

Additionally, Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos looks to rebound from his defeat to Nick Diaz by taking out Belgian-born Team Quest representative Tarec Saffiedine. No bouts have been made official by the promotion as of yet.
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#29117 3 years, 4 months ago
Live play by play and chat at :www.sherdog.com/

UFC 130 FIGHT CARD
Matchups:
Quinton Jackson vs. Matt Hamill
Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson
Travis Browne vs. Stefan Struve
Brian Stann vs. Jorge Santiago
Rick Story vs. Thiago Alves
Miguel Torres vs. Demetrious Johnson
Kendall Grove vs. Tim Boetsch
Renan Barao vs. Cole Escovedo
Chris Cariaso vs. Michael McDonald
Gleison Tibau vs. Rafaello Oliveira
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#29150 3 years, 4 months ago
1--W-- Renan do Nascimento Mota Pegado-- vs.-- L--Cole Escovedo--Decision (Unanimous) Rd.3 --5:00
2-- W--Michael McDonald-- vs.-- L--- Chris Cariaso --Decision (Split) Rd.3 --5:00
3-- W--Gleison Tibau-- vs.-- L-- Rafaello Oliveira-- Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) Rd.2--3:28
4-- W--Tim Boetsch-- vs.-- L-- Kendall Grove-- Decision (Unanimous)Rd. 3-- 5:00
5-- W--Demetrious Johnson-- vs.-- L--Miguel Torres --Decision (Unanimous)Rd.3-- 5:00
6--W--Brian Stann-- vs.--L-- Jorge Santiago (TKO) Rd.2 4:29
7--W--Rick Story-- vs.--L-- Thiago Alves --Decision (Unanimous)Rd.3 --5:00
8--W--Travis Browne--vs.--L--Stefan Struve --KO (Punch)Rd.1-- 4:11
9--W--Frank Mir--vs.--L-- Roy Nelson--Decision-- (Unanimous) Rd.3-- 5:00
10--W--10 Quinton Jackson--vs.--L-- Matt Hamill --Decision (Unanimous)Rd. 3-- 5:00
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by the highway terror.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#29185 3 years, 4 months ago
Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is on the road to recovery after having surgery on Friday. 5/27

According to UFC president Dana White, Lesnar underwent the surgery that will hopefully help the ailing heavyweight after he was stricken with a second bout of diverticulitis that forced him out of his scheduled bout with Junior Dos Santos at UFC 131.

“Brock Lesnar actually had surgery yesterday,” White revealed. “They removed about 12 inches of his colon, repaired it, he feels great. He said he’s a little sore, but the operation was a huge success.”

Lesnar was up in the air as recently as two weeks ago about whether he would have surgery or opt to allow antibiotics to try and treat the disease. Obviously the news on Saturday confirms that Lesnar went for the surgery.

As far as a timeline for his return, White was hopeful that Lesnar would be back during the first part of 2012.

“We’re hoping he can be back by the first of the year,” White stated.

Lesnar hasn’t competed since October 2010 when he lost the UFC heavyweight title to current champion Cain Velasquez.

It was during his coaching stint on the 13th season of “The Ultimate Fighter” that Lesnar started dealing with symptoms from a second bout of diverticulitis. Once he realized he was dealing with a full blown case of the ailment again, Lesnar was forced out of his fight with Dos Santos and back on the sidelines.

MMAWeekly.com will have more information on Lesnar’s health and return to action when it becomes available.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by the highway terror.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#29235 3 years, 4 months ago
I'm really disappointed at my boy Roy Nelson. He gassed in the second round and was an embarrassment.

Story got a cheap win over Alves.

Hamil is tough but, as expected, not in the same league as Rampage.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#29279 3 years, 4 months ago
I hope the Fedor-Hendo bout will be on Regular TV instead of pay-per-view
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#29284 3 years, 4 months ago
Good point, no telling what they will do now that they own both.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#29288 3 years, 4 months ago
I really don't like the Idea of Zuffa owning all the promotions the way they do.
I liked the Pride Fighting Championships much more
and now I hear it's successor, the Dream F.C. is in financial trouble

Does anyone like Bellator F.C. or M-1 F.C. ? they're both good ,with M-1 having much more of an international flavor to the matches. Many Russian and Asian Fighters and all over the globe
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds