• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Muddy Das
Junior Boarder

Re: What are you reading?

#129337 2 years, 6 months ago
Still reading: House of Leaves which is an absolute mindfuck, The Complete Grimm's Tales, and I just started Be Love Now which I cannot recommend enough, a must-read.[/quote]

house of leaves is awesome it like reading 3 or 4 books at once i just might read that again riight now i am re-reading gone with the wind
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#129368 2 years, 6 months ago
I've been thinking bout giving Gone With The WInd another read, it's been about 15 yrs so I might be due. At the time I'm rereading 1984 as I just finished Brave New World recently and the correlation between the two and between todays society's are frightening to say the least
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#129716 2 years, 6 months ago
I'm eading Fahrenheit 451 and rI recommend Salinger's Franny and Zooey, Kerouac's Tristessa, and Capote's Other Voices Other Rooms!
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#129733 2 years, 6 months ago
Just started " Growing up Dead "
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#129792 2 years, 6 months ago
[

and I just started [i]Be Love Now[/i] which I cannot recommend enough, a must-read.[/quote]

I just finished this and agree. I would also recommend The Only Dance There Is. Jus luv Dass. When is Tom Robbins gonna get off his ass and write. Been awhile since I laughed my ass off and had a hard on at the same time. Flying Ducks Backwards does not count!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#129793 2 years, 6 months ago
Brother Dust wrote:
Just started " Growing up Dead "

One of my all time favorites.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
volare
Senior Boarder

#129815 2 years, 6 months ago
I started "Mushrooms Demystified" by David Arora last week.....but 100 pages in and I am still mystified.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#129819 2 years, 6 months ago
iamthedoor wrote:
I'm rereading 1984 as I just finished Brave New World recently and the correlation between the two and between todays society's are frightening to say the least

Totally agree with that.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#129822 2 years, 6 months ago
Currently reading The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, the third book in the trilogy that begins with The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo. The three books are really one very long novel that gets better as it goes on.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#129896 2 years, 6 months ago
I always have my head in a few books at a time....right now its The Forbidden Gospel by J. Edgar Burns, The Mystical Life of Jesus by Sylvia Browne and The Mystical Life of Jesus by H. Spencer lewis.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds