• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

What are you reading?

#17606 3 years, 4 months ago
Right now I just started Steve Parish's book My life on the road with the Grateful Dead. I've recently finished Bob Dylans Chronicles prt 1 and Keith Richards Life and Confessions of a Deadhead by The Starburst Commander.
The voices tell me what to say
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

Re: What are you reading?

#17612 3 years, 4 months ago
Reading Stranger in a Strange land
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Bud
Junior Boarder

#17635 3 years, 4 months ago
Steve Parish's book was a great read. So was Bob Dylans Chronicles part I. I love the part where hes talking about how down he was the first time he was meeting the Dead for a rehearsal. But he chilled out with the guys and had a drink and then took a walk to clear his head. And he ended up in this Jazz club watching these old guys wail out. And then went back to the rehearsal and he was in a much better space. I think he said something to the effect of maybe it was something they put in my drink when he first got there or just the positive vibe he got from the guys but he was just in a generally better place creatively.But he IMHO comes off cranky allot of the time. If I remember correctly. I read it a few years ago and haven't read it again. You def get some great insight into the inner workings of the band's dynamic. O.K Book report over.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#17720 3 years, 4 months ago
Finishing Life by Keith Richards. I'm savoring it. I've been a Stones freak since I was a kid and this book is so well done it gives you a sense of what it might be like to hang out with him.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Charlie Sheen
Junior Boarder

#17722 3 years, 4 months ago
I read minds and cereal boxes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#17731 3 years, 4 months ago
Beats my post.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Charlie Sheen
Junior Boarder

#17734 3 years, 4 months ago
TMI
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#17772 3 years, 4 months ago
i just read "Strangers too the system" a profile of homeless people in NY right after the 9-11 thing. from crusty punks with face tats, too old drunks, to young drunks, and all their stories. very fast and fun read, though it may sound depressing. cant remember the author but it was published by Curbside Press.
anything by Tom Robbins is the shiznit.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#17774 3 years, 4 months ago
Cowgirls and Roadside. Great books.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#17775 3 years, 4 months ago
so is
skinny legs an all
jitterbug perfume
fierce invalids home from hot climates
and everything else hes written
that shit in cowgrrls where jellybean gits shot, bout makes me tear up. for real. and makes me hate cops(more) funny how a fiction book can be so damn real
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds